[1.12.5] Kcalbeloh System Planet Pack (v1.1.7) - A journey to a black hole (April 9, 2024)

Jason Kerman

2 hours ago, Rocket Science42 said:

I'm having an issue with the clouds not appearing on some planets, please help me with this issue.

screenshots: https://imgur.com/a/L0DxDwg

my KSP Log: https://www.dropbox.com/s/0zkd30fbbu0s51e/KSP.log?dl=0

I didn't see any error from the log.

Maybe you can try to remove the mod completely and reinstall. If you only overwrote the old version when updating the mod, some issues may occur.

Also, since your game are heavily modded, you can try a clean installation and see if the issue is still there.

2 hours ago, Jason Kerman said:

I didn't see any error from the log.

Maybe you can try to remove the mod completely and reinstall. If you only overwrote the old version when updating the mod, some issues may occur.

Also, since your game are heavily modded, you can try a clean installation and see if the issue is still there.

i tried removing the mod and freshly reinstalling it, but the problem with the clouds still persists 

I have figured out that this planet pack causes a variety of issues.

KSP: 1.12.2
Mods: https://prnt.sc/9BTg_VC76Upw.

Issues are for example, a spam of NREs into my log as well as not being able to load quicksaves.
As soon as I remove Kcalbeloh System, the NRE spam stops as well as the loading of quicksaves work perfectly fine.

Logs with and without Kcalboleh System are attached, I have removed mods batch by batch to figure this out, only mods I had left during this discovery were some mods which should not be affecting this at all.

Log with system installed: https://gist.githubusercontent.com/H4ckerxx44/c8a2beac726259059148e4da38ac5fc5/raw/20fed0680f170607e77b0acc6ea55097ec6cdf19/KSP_with_kcalbeloh
Log without system installed: https://gist.githubusercontent.com/H4ckerxx44/b44c356d078b133480813385ce7becdc/raw/733bc5e435d658793c8a42b7c6d2e1818c941aa2/KSP_without_kcalbeloh

Edited by H4ckerxx44
Fixed log link

42 minutes ago, H4ckerxx44 said:

I have figured out that this planet pack causes a variety of issues.

KSP: 1.12.2
Mods: https://prnt.sc/9BTg_VC76Upw.

Issues are for example, a spam of NREs into my log as well as not being able to load quicksaves.
As soon as I remove Kcalbeloh System, the NRE spam stops as well as the loading of quicksaves work perfectly fine.

Logs with and without Kcalboleh System are attached, I have removed mods batch by batch to figure this out, only mods I had left during this discovery were some mods which should not be affecting this at all.

Log with system installed: https://gist.githubusercontent.com/H4ckerxx44/c8a2beac726259059148e4da38ac5fc5/raw/20fed0680f170607e77b0acc6ea55097ec6cdf19/KSP_with_kcalbeloh
Log without system installed: https://gist.githubusercontent.com/H4ckerxx44/b44c356d078b133480813385ce7becdc/raw/733bc5e435d658793c8a42b7c6d2e1818c941aa2/KSP_without_kcalbeloh

Thanks for reporting! However, the first log is 404. Can you post it again?

1 hour ago, H4ckerxx44 said:

Fixed.

Hello,  Looked at your log with Jason, and found the issue pretty quickly.  It's just that this mod in it's release form is still using the old "Kopernicus Watchdog" hack that never really worked right.  It's fixed on the source version, but not released yet.  You can fix this yourself by doing the following:

delete this file<KSPINSTALL>\GameData\KcalbelohSystem\OtherFeatures\AddWatchdog.cfg

You should now be able to save and load.  However, you will probably find you sink on distant solar bodies, due to this packs interstellar nature.  To fix that, open Kopernicus menu at the KSC on the toolbar, and check "DisableFarAwayColliders" on.  That will fix that problem.  You may need to restart KSP, though.

Hope this helps!

5 hours ago, R-T-B said:

Hello,  Looked at your log with Jason, and found the issue pretty quickly.  It's just that this mod in it's release form is still using the old "Kopernicus Watchdog" hack that never really worked right.  It's fixed on the source version, but not released yet.  You can fix this yourself by doing the following:

delete this file<KSPINSTALL>\GameData\KcalbelohSystem\OtherFeatures\AddWatchdog.cfg

You should now be able to save and load.  However, you will probably find you sink on distant solar bodies, due to this packs interstellar nature.  To fix that, open Kopernicus menu at the KSC on the toolbar, and check "DisableFarAwayColliders" on.  That will fix that problem.  You may need to restart KSP, though.

Hope this helps!

ok, I tried the ideas you suggested but the problem still persists 

3 hours ago, Rocket Science42 said:

I think this is not relavent to your issue. Have you tried to remove other mods and keep Kcalbeloh and its dependences only to see whether it's due to some other mod breaking it?

Edited by Jason Kerman

3 hours ago, Rocket Science42 said:

Search for other instances of the "AddWatchdog.cfg" file.  There may be one in for example, your Kopernicus/Config folder, or elsewhere.  Just do a file search.  Remove any.

EDIT:  Got poster confused with someone else, I do indeed feel this cloud related issue is separate.

Edited by R-T-B

Beta 1.3 has be released:

1. Update for compatibility with the latest Kopernicus release.
  2. Remove DistantObjectEnhancement config and replace them with scatterer flare, which can have similar visual effects on distant planets. This change is made since it is known that DOE doesn't work for interstellar planets.
  3. Other minor changes and bug fixes.

Also, since my spacedock uploading is not stable all the time, I will not post update on spacedock anymore. The updates will be on GitHub only in the future. 
Here is the new download link: https://github.com/jcyuan06/Kcalbeloh-System/releases

Thank you for your understanding!

11 hours ago, Jason Kerman said:

2. Remove DistantObjectEnhancement config and replace them with scatterer flare, which can have similar visual effects on distant planets. This change is made since it is known that DOE doesn't work for interstellar planets.

Also, since my spacedock uploading is not stable all the time, I will not post update on spacedock anymore. The updates will be on GitHub only in the future. 
Here is the new download link: https://github.com/jcyuan06/Kcalbeloh-System/releases

This has solved the quickloading issue as well as the NRE spam, much appreciated!

16 hours ago, R-T-B said:

Search for other instances of the "AddWatchdog.cfg" file.  There may be one in for example, your Kopernicus/Config folder, or elsewhere.  Just do a file search.  Remove any.

EDIT:  Got poster confused with someone else, I do indeed feel this cloud related issue is separate.

oh, ok thanks

18 hours ago, Jason Kerman said:

I downloaded the latest version of the mod from GitHub, but the problem with the clouds not showing on some planets still persists.

5 hours ago, Rocket Science42 said:

I downloaded the latest version of the mod from GitHub, but the problem with the clouds not showing on some planets still persists.

Could you try only with Kcalbeloh and its dependencies installed and see whether the issue is still there? Sometimes it could be very difficult to locate bugs from a heavily modded game.

1 hour ago, Rocket Science42 said:

ok I removed all other mods from my game except for the Kcalbeloh mod and its dependencies and there are clouds on the planets.

Could the issue be with Astronomers Visual Pack, GU stock clouds, or Poods OPMVO?

I'm not very familiar with GU, but as far as I know AVP already has cloud settings for stock system and OPM, so there is no need to install all of them. My suggestion is either keep AVP or keep GU stock clouds and OPMVO.

From my testing AVP works fine with Kcalbeloh. I haven't test the other two but you can try if you want.

Are you still adding features and planets, or just bugfixing and stabilizing the mod?

Edit: This is an awesome mod by the way. I don't wanna sound like a critic for not stating that clearly

Edited by Socowez
to make the message not sound hostile

3 hours ago, Socowez said:

Are you still adding features and planets, or just bugfixing and stabilizing the mod?

Edit: This is an awesome mod by the way. I don't wanna sound like a critic for not stating that clearly

Currently mainly bugfixing. I'm not going to add more planets, unless I have a super cool idea in the future. But revamping some planets is possible, depends on my inspiration and motivation.

My recent plan is adding some terrain scatters (rocks, trees, etc).

hello! I've been loving the mod. it's nice to see more well-done black hole systems. 

i also wanted to take the time to post some of my suggestions! really just some things I'd like to see in the system

p-115: "dragon" and p115B: drake: dragon was a planet that was in very close orbit of kcabelloh but got to close and was shot off into space. soon joined by drake. now in a far out non cemeterial orbit the planets seem to have seismic activity even when out beyond a star but even more strange is the crimson red lights that echo across dragon and drake.

physical desc: rocky planet with a lot of mountain terrain and a large moon that still isn't explained. the planet has a thick hydrogen ocean that covers a small area of the rocky  part of the surface. the moon is about 60 percent the size of the planet.

thats my idea for a planet! if you choose to do anything with it feel free to modify things that don't really work. its really just me voicing a cool idea I had.

hello! I've been loving the mod. it's nice to see more well-done black hole systems. 

i also wanted to take the time to post some of my suggestions! really just some things I'd like to see in the system

p-115: "dragon" and p115B: drake: a planet that was in very close orbit of kcabelloh but got to close and was shot off into space. now in a far out non cemeterial orbit this planet seems to have seismic activity even when out beyond a star but even more strange is the crimson red lights that echo across the moon

physical desc: rocky planet with a lot of mountain terrain and a large moon that still isn't explained. the planet has a thick hydrogen ocean that covers a small area of the rocky  part of the surface

thats my idea for a planet! if you choose to do anything with it feel free to modify things that don't really work. its really just me voicing a cool idea I had.

Edited by Popcatgoldexperience

does this mod usually use large amounts of RAM? I tried loading the mod with it's dependencies, but when I try to enter a save, the game crashes. (Considering the save was a sandbox with no active flights, I thought it was okay. Should I start a new save regardless?)