[1.12.5] Kcalbeloh System Planet Pack (v1.1.7) - A journey to a black hole (April 9, 2024)

Jason Kerman

Hi, I'm also having the issues people have mentioned about homeswitch (with Efil.) The thing is, though, I'm not using any Rescale setting or mod. I'm not sure what could possibly be causing the issue.
EDIT: Talked to the author in Discord, apparently it's a Kopernicus thing that only R-T-B can fix. Good to know!

Edited by FrostyTheHuman

• 2 weeks later...

Hello, I would like to ask if there is way to keep save and remove kcalbeloh, because in my current save i explored every planet and would like to try another planet pack, hovewer it cannot run with kcalbeloh installed. When i try to remove folder, kopernicus gives error that it cant load save. Is there some way to overcome this? 

Edit. Figured it out

Edited by Lukaseka95

Hi, just wanted to say that I absolutely LOVE this mod! But if I could make a small recommendation, could you consider adding support for the Final Frontier mod? It would be really cool to have ribbons for Kerbals that were brave enough to walk on exoplanets and such. Thank you!

6 hours ago, BadModder54 said:

Hi, just wanted to say that I absolutely LOVE this mod! But if I could make a small recommendation, could you consider adding support for the Final Frontier mod? It would be really cool to have ribbons for Kerbals that were brave enough to walk on exoplanets and such. Thank you!

I haven't played with Final Frontier yet. I can have a look when I have time.

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Subbot said:

Hello, the mod is really cool, but im having a strange problem with the accretion disk of the black hole. Disabling the disk with singularity's menu fixes it, but obviously makes the disk disappear.

DiskBroken.png

Anybody had this problem before?

It's usually caused by a lower version of Singularity. You can install the newest Singularity to fix it.

1 hour ago, Rakete said:

A short question. How much of an impact does this mod have on performance when installed? 

There shouldn't be much performance impact. It's recommended to run with a computer with at least 8GB RAM.

For reference, if you can run AVP or Spectra, you will not have any problem running Kcalbeloh with EVE and Scatterer.

3 hours ago, Rakete said:

Is there something like a dV-map available? :D 

No. dV map is hard to make for interstellar planet mods because a dV map depends on which planet to start.

Update v1.0.1

Installation guide can be found here.

Change Log:

1. Rename Aciore as Anehta since the original name can be associated with a bad word.
  2. Better rescale config. Add build-in rescale config for all celestial bodies in-game. If you want to play with 2.5x or 10x size universe, there is no need to install a rescale mod for the stock system. Also, it is toggleable in mod settings whether rescale is applied only to Kcalbeloh system or all celestial bodies. See here.
  3. Better skybox; add an option in mod settings to disable the bundled skybox if you don't like it. See here.
  4. Adjust Tot's orbit and size. Adjusted the mass of Noi and Enots. Be careful before loading a save if you have any vessels on Tot.
  5. Improve Iomena's terrain. Be careful before loading a save if you have any vessels on Iomena's surface.
  6. New sun flare for Sunorc.
  7. Add sandstorms to Sera and Ahtpan.
  8. Other minor adjustments and bug fixes.

@Jason Kerman

Quick question, does homeswitch remove the stock planets / kerbol? If not, how would I go about making it do so?

EDIT: Random side note I've written up a config for this mod for Research Bodies. Haven't tested yet but it should work, if you want to include it in a future release go for it.

Spoiler
RESEARCHBODIES
{
    loadAs = mod
    name = KcalbelohSystem   
    ONDISCOVERY
    {        
        Sunorc = There appeared a small dot of light through our telescope, a reflection we thought? No, no it's a star!
        AralcA = This star was so bright it almost blinded Jeb! We can't believe we havent spotted it until now!
        AralcB = This star is puny in comparison to Kerbol.. But it seems to be moving in dance with another.
        Maelg = Bob almost disregarded this star as a chip on the lens until we looked a bit closer. It seems more like a big gas giant, but it's hot.. Really hot!
        WH3141A = We have discovered what appears to be... an anomaly? Light doesn't act right around it, we need to investigate!
        WH3141B = This is strange, it's some kind of anomaly.. We can't quite figure out what this object is, maybe a mission is in order? It's much too far though, we couldn't pack enough snacks for the journey.
        Onrefni = This planet looks like a jigsaw puzzle, with with the hot molten glow of lava between the pieces.
        Rouqea = At first glance our best scientists thought someone spilled a drop of water on the image.. Turns out it was a water world instead!
        Iomena = This cratered world seems to have an atmosphere, very thin like our neighbor Duna.
        Uleg = Ice cream?! Nope.. Looks like it's just ice, oh well it was exciting while it lasted.
        Mehtna = Strange, this one seems hotter on one side than the other. Maybe we'd be able to get a nice tan there.
        Meiuqer = Wow.. This thing is small, it's a wonder we seen anything at all from this far away.
        Sedah = Some kind of new ice cream?! It's quite large.. Oh nevermind it's kind of like Jool but pink. Weird.
        Suluco = At first we thought this rock was a barren one, but after looking for longer we noticed it was frozen too. Bob said he wants to vacation there, we think he's crazy.
        Tot =  This things small.. Like an asteroid! I wonder if we can tow it back to Kerbin to give Minmus some company?
        Sera = This ones kind of like Duna! Very red, bigger though. Jeb likes it because it reminds him of a racecar, it even has a stripe!
        Dipuc = The Mun?! How did it get there? Oh wait.. Not the Mun, false alarm.
        Simetra = Whoa that's a large rock! Oh wait no it's just colored like a rock.. Seems really gassy, wonder how it smells?
        Noira = This mun is orbiting... Backwards? Weird. Wonder if it has anything to do with the big dent in it?
        Simeht = Ice cream?! Nevermind it's much too big to be ice cream, very reminiscent in color to Minmus but wayy bigger.
        Noi =  This thing can barely be considered a mun, more like an asteroid.. I wonder if we'd stick to the surface or just float away?
        Norihc = One could only describe this large rock as.. whispy.. and cold.
        Noyreg = SNACKS?! WE'VE HIT THE MOTHERLOAD!!!! Oh wait... It's toxic you say? So no snacks?
        Anneheg = Whoa that's a hot rock! It even glows!
        Arorua = This planet.. seems to shimmer and glow in amazing patterns. We need more pictures.
        Ahtpan = Hmm, looks yellow like Kerbol. Doesn't seem as warm though, Bob says we should try to ignite it and see what happens.
        Aciore = Stunning! This one has huge bands both around it and in it! Wonder how it looks from the ground?
        Enots = This one's strange... It's small like an asteroid, but it's shape is like some kind of eccentric artpiece.
        Efil = It almost looks like Kerbin! This would definitely be the place to be! If we could get there that is.
        Eulb = This one is big like the Mun... But is blue like Minmus? Ice cream awaits!
        Elad = Whoa, this ones like the Mun but almost as big as Kerbin! Jeb always liked a good challenge!
    }

IGNORE
    {
        body = Kcalbeloh
        body = AralcSystem
        body = SimeSystem
    }

IGNORELEVELS
    {
        // body = easy normal medium hard        
        Kcalbeloh = true true true true
        AralcSystem = true true true true
        SimeSystem = true true true true
        Sunorc = true true false false
        AralcA = true true false false
        AralcB = true true false false
        Maelg = true false false false
        WH3141A = true false false false
        WH3141B = true false false false
        Onrefni = false false false false
        Rouqea = false false false false
        Iomena = false false false false
        Uleg = false false false false
        Mehtna = false false false false
        Meiuqer = false false false false
        Sedah = false false false false
        Suluco = false false false false
        Tot = false false false false
        Sera = false false false false
        Dipuc = false false false false
        Simetra = false false false false
        Noira = false false false false
        Simeht = false false false false
        Noi = false false false false
        Norihc = false false false false
        Noyreg = false false false false
        Anneheg = false false false false
        Arorua = false false false false
        Ahtpan = false false false false
        Aciore = false false false false
        Enots = false false false false
        Efil = false false false false
        Eulb = false false false false
        Elad = 	false false false false
    }
}

Edited by CoriW

On 11/1/2022 at 4:03 PM, BadModder54 said:

On 11/1/2022 at 10:52 PM, Jason Kerman said:

I haven't played with Final Frontier yet. I can have a look when I have time.

Hey again.. So even though I just found this mod today, I use Final Frontier and so I felt compelled to do something about it.

After somewhere in the realm of 6 or so hours of modifying, compiling, and exporting a whopping 588 unique images... I now have a collection of ribbons that you can simply drop into your GameData folder which will enable Final Frontier functionality for the Kcalbeloh System. (And yes, it was very tedious and my wrist is a bit sore from all the clicking lol)

LINK: Kcalbeloh_FinalFrontierV3.zip

Edited by CoriW
Updated Ribbon Pack to V2, includes some bodies I missed the first go around -- Updated Ribbon Pack to V3, fixed a typo.

2 hours ago, CoriW said:

Hey again.. So even though I just found this mod today, I use Final Frontier and so I felt compelled to do something about it.

After somewhere in the realm of 6 or so hours of modifying, compiling, and exporting a whopping 588 unique images... I now have a collection of ribbons that you can simply drop into your GameData folder which will enable Final Frontier functionality for the Kcalbeloh System. (And yes, it was very tedious and my wrist is a bit sore from all the clicking lol)

LINK: Kcalbeloh_FinalFrontier.zip

You are a massive legend, and I thank you for your service to Kerbalkind! :0.0:

12 hours ago, CoriW said:

@Jason Kerman

Quick question, does homeswitch remove the stock planets / kerbol? If not, how would I go about making it do so?

EDIT: Random side note I've written up a config for this mod for Research Bodies. Haven't tested yet but it should work, if you want to include it in a future release go for it.

Reveal hidden contents
RESEARCHBODIES
{
    loadAs = mod
    name = KcalbelohSystem   
    ONDISCOVERY
    {        
        Sunorc = There appeared a small dot of light through our telescope, a reflection we thought? No, no it's a star!
        AralcA = This star was so bright it almost blinded Jeb! We can't believe we havent spotted it until now!
        AralcB = This star is puny in comparison to Kerbol.. But it seems to be moving in dance with another.
        Maelg = Bob almost disregarded this star as a chip on the lens until we looked a bit closer. It seems more like a big gas giant, but it's hot.. Really hot!
        WH3141A = We have discovered what appears to be... an anomaly? Light doesn't act right around it, we need to investigate!
        WH3141B = This is strange, it's some kind of anomaly.. We can't quite figure out what this object is, maybe a mission is in order? It's much too far though, we couldn't pack enough snacks for the journey.
        Onrefni = This planet looks like a jigsaw puzzle, with with the hot molten glow of lava between the pieces.
        Rouqea = At first glance our best scientists thought someone spilled a drop of water on the image.. Turns out it was a water world instead!
        Iomena = This cratered world seems to have an atmosphere, very thin like our neighbor Duna.
        Uleg = Ice cream?! Nope.. Looks like it's just ice, oh well it was exciting while it lasted.
        Mehtna = Strange, this one seems hotter on one side than the other. Maybe we'd be able to get a nice tan there.
        Meiuqer = Wow.. This thing is small, it's a wonder we seen anything at all from this far away.
        Sedah = Some kind of new ice cream?! It's quite large.. Oh nevermind it's kind of like Jool but pink. Weird.
        Suluco = At first we thought this rock was a barren one, but after looking for longer we noticed it was frozen too. Bob said he wants to vacation there, we think he's crazy.
        Tot =  This things small.. Like an asteroid! I wonder if we can tow it back to Kerbin to give Minmus some company?
        Sera = This ones kind of like Duna! Very red, bigger though. Jeb likes it because it reminds him of a racecar, it even has a stripe!
        Dipuc = The Mun?! How did it get there? Oh wait.. Not the Mun, false alarm.
        Simetra = Whoa that's a large rock! Oh wait no it's just colored like a rock.. Seems really gassy, wonder how it smells?
        Noira = This mun is orbiting... Backwards? Weird. Wonder if it has anything to do with the big dent in it?
        Simeht = Ice cream?! Nevermind it's much too big to be ice cream, very reminiscent in color to Minmus but wayy bigger.
        Noi =  This thing can barely be considered a mun, more like an asteroid.. I wonder if we'd stick to the surface or just float away?
        Norihc = One could only describe this large rock as.. whispy.. and cold.
        Noyreg = SNACKS?! WE'VE HIT THE MOTHERLOAD!!!! Oh wait... It's toxic you say? So no snacks?
        Anneheg = Whoa that's a hot rock! It even glows!
        Arorua = This planet.. seems to shimmer and glow in amazing patterns. We need more pictures.
        Ahtpan = Hmm, looks yellow like Kerbol. Doesn't seem as warm though, Bob says we should try to ignite it and see what happens.
        Aciore = Stunning! This one has huge bands both around it and in it! Wonder how it looks from the ground?
        Enots = This one's strange... It's small like an asteroid, but it's shape is like some kind of eccentric artpiece.
        Efil = It almost looks like Kerbin! This would definitely be the place to be! If we could get there that is.
        Eulb = This one is big like the Mun... But is blue like Minmus? Ice cream awaits!
        Elad = Whoa, this ones like the Mun but almost as big as Kerbin! Jeb always liked a good challenge!
    }

IGNORE
    {
        body = Kcalbeloh
        body = AralcSystem
        body = SimeSystem
    }

IGNORELEVELS
    {
        // body = easy normal medium hard        
        Kcalbeloh = true true true true
        AralcSystem = true true true true
        SimeSystem = true true true true
        Sunorc = true true false false
        AralcA = true true false false
        AralcB = true true false false
        Maelg = true false false false
        WH3141A = true false false false
        WH3141B = true false false false
        Onrefni = false false false false
        Rouqea = false false false false
        Iomena = false false false false
        Uleg = false false false false
        Mehtna = false false false false
        Meiuqer = false false false false
        Sedah = false false false false
        Suluco = false false false false
        Tot = false false false false
        Sera = false false false false
        Dipuc = false false false false
        Simetra = false false false false
        Noira = false false false false
        Simeht = false false false false
        Noi = false false false false
        Norihc = false false false false
        Noyreg = false false false false
        Anneheg = false false false false
        Arorua = false false false false
        Ahtpan = false false false false
        Aciore = false false false false
        Enots = false false false false
        Efil = false false false false
        Eulb = false false false false
        Elad = 	false false false false
    }
}

4 hours ago, CoriW said:

LINK: Kcalbeloh_FinalFrontier.zip

Thank you very much! I will include them in the next update.

On 11/13/2022 at 12:12 PM, CoriW said:

It didn't remove Kerbol system. It's possible, but I won't recommend you to do so yourself since the MM patch is a mess. I can try add an option for this if possible.

10 hours ago, Jason Kerman said:

It didn't remove Kerbol system. It's possible, but I won't recommend you to do so yourself since the MM patch is a mess. I can try add an option for this if possible.

Please do add the option to completely replace the system, that would be wonderful to see.

On 11/13/2022 at 12:12 PM, CoriW said:

On 11/15/2022 at 7:58 AM, bigyihsuan said:

Please do add the option to completely replace the system, that would be wonderful to see.

An ALPHA version of new homeswitch settings is available in my discord server.

The download doesn't include textures. You need to merge it to v.1.0.1 download. (v1.0.1 ONLY!!!)

To remove Kerbol system, you need to enable the corresbonding setting.

Let me know if there is any issue.

I'm extremely bored with the stock system, so I decided to install this as a system replacer so I could create a new save starting on Suluco.

In short, I'm very satisfied. It's a bit more challenging, but the worlds are so much more interesting and there's an incentive to go explore them all.
My only comment is that Suluco spins crazy fast in the main menu, which I know isn't even your fault. All tidally locked Kopernicus homeworlds do this, for whatever reason.

Great mod.

EDIT: Unfortunately, using Homeswitch bluescreens my laptop if I try to open any other applications. Guess I'll be using a lighter system replacer for now.

Edited by Maple Kerman

On 11/18/2022 at 4:34 PM, Jason Kerman said:

An ALPHA version of new homeswitch settings is available in my discord server.

The download doesn't include textures. You need to merge it to v.1.0.1 download. (v1.0.1 ONLY!!!)

To remove Kerbol system, you need to enable the corresbonding setting.

Let me know if there is any issue.

I'm not super familiar with discord. I have it but never use it, where would I find your discord server?

Hey there again, apologies for the double post but I have a contribution again.

So after downloading and installing the new Alpha version of HomeSwitch, before messing around with it I wanted to create a ModuleManager patch for Research Bodies that could automatically detect your Kcalbeloh System Settings (HomeSwitch, Wormholes, and RemoveKerbolSystem) and adjust the Research Bodies configuration accordingly.. However after almost the entire day of messing around with it I have determined that it doesn't appear that Research Bodies configs were made in a way that can be modified or interacted with by ModuleManager, unfortunately. Or if there is, I can't figure out how to do it.

So as an alternative, I've put together a ZIP folder that has a folder structure in it that allows users to click through which options they want and be presented with a GameData folder with the Research Bodies configuration for their game which they can simply drop into and merge with their GameData folder.

Now I need to clarify that I do not expect this will be added into the Kcalbeloh mod files as it would make the installation process longer and more involved than a simple drag and drop like it is now, but I am providing this file anyways for anyone who wants it. Currently the alpha download of the Kcalbeloh System version 1.0.2 only includes the ResearchBodies configuration for Wormholes = True, HomeSwitch = False, RemoveKerbolSystem = False.

LINK: Kcalbeloh_ResearchBodies_Options.zip

EDIT: Also, if anyone is annoyed by the icons for the KSC and other launch sites on Kerbin either drifting or floating away from the planet, I've made a quick config that will simply half the SemiMajor Axis of the stars. (Maelg, Sunorc, Aralc System) Note that this will only work if you are using the new HomeSwitch and have RemoveKerbinSystem set to TRUE, otherwise Kcalbeloh will still be too far away from Kerbol and this will not fix it, however if you have RemoveKerbinSystem set to False and are having this issue, adjusting the "DistanceFactor" in the Kcalbeloh System Settings file may help reduce it.

Spoiler
@Kopernicus:LAST[KcalbelohSystem]
{
    @Body[Maelg]
    {
        @Orbit
        {
            @semiMajorAxis *= 0.5
        }
    }

@Body[AralcSystem]
	{
		@Orbit
		{
			@semiMajorAxis *= 0.5
		}
	}

@Body[Sunorc]
	{
		@Orbit
		{
			@semiMajorAxis *= 0.5
		}
	}
}

Edited by CoriW

7 hours ago, CoriW said:

So after downloading and installing the new Alpha version of HomeSwitch, before messing around with it I wanted to create a ModuleManager patch for Research Bodies that could automatically detect your Kcalbeloh System Settings (HomeSwitch, Wormholes, and RemoveKerbolSystem) and adjust the Research Bodies configuration accordingly.. However after almost the entire day of messing around with it I have determined that it doesn't appear that Research Bodies configs were made in a way that can be modified or interacted with by ModuleManager, unfortunately. Or if there is, I can't figure out how to do it.

I will also try it later anyway. It also takes me a lot of time to figure out how to make those settings work properly.

7 hours ago, CoriW said:

EDIT: Also, if anyone is annoyed by the icons for the KSC and other launch sites on Kerbin either drifting or floating away from the planet, I've made a quick config that will simply half the SemiMajor Axis of the stars. (Maelg, Sunorc, Aralc System) Note that this will only work if you are using the new HomeSwitch and have RemoveKerbinSystem set to TRUE, otherwise Kcalbeloh will still be too far away from Kerbol and this will not fix it, however if you have RemoveKerbinSystem set to False and are having this issue, adjusting the "DistanceFactor" in the Kcalbeloh System Settings file may help reduce it.

I would not recommend changing the SMA because it will change the SOI of the stars. They may not be able to have so many planets after moving closer to Kcalbeloh.

13 hours ago, Jason Kerman said:

I would not recommend changing the SMA because it will change the SOI of the stars. They may not be able to have so many planets after moving closer to Kcalbeloh.

Oh that's a good point, I hadn't done much testing aside from just opening the game to see if anything visually interfered with anything else.. Further testing will be in order. I also considered only reducing the distances to 0.75x or 0.6x and seeing if the icons still drift. Will do some testing later today and see if it actually works properly or not. It is unfortunate that we have the issue of the icon drift in the first place but I don't believe there is really anything else that could be done about it other than moving the homeworld closer to center.

EDIT: I've found an alternative solution which doesn't require moving anything around. I play with the Waypoint Manager mod, and with it you are able to both create custom waypoints as well as remove the stock waypoints. Fortunately the custom waypoints are not subject to the same drift as the stock ones.

Edited by CoriW