[1.12.5] Kcalbeloh System Planet Pack (v1.1.7) - A journey to a black hole (April 9, 2024)

Jason Kerman

Hey so I'm having a problem between this mod and the Bureaucracy mod and I'm unsure whether it has to do with this mod or that one, but it's a problem that occurs only when using the HomeSwitch option in Kcalbeloh.

18 minutes ago, CoriW said:

Hey so I'm having a problem between this mod and the Bureaucracy mod and I'm unsure whether it has to do with this mod or that one, but it's a problem that occurs only when using the HomeSwitch option in Kcalbeloh.

Does it work normal with other home-replacement planet mods (e.g. Beyond Home)? It would be easier to locate the issue if we know whether it's due to modification on Kerbin.

5 hours ago, Jason Kerman said:

Does it work normal with other home-replacement planet mods (e.g. Beyond Home)? It would be easier to locate the issue if we know whether it's due to modification on Kerbin.

Hey, so I've just gone ahead and thrown together a new install with just Bureaucracy, Beyond Home and it's dependencies. It appears to work properly with that setup so it must be something unique to how Kcalbeloh is switching the homeworld that is different from how Beyond Home does it? I'll have to poke around later when I have a bit more time but maybe compare how Beyond Home does the HomeSwitch to how Kcalbeloh does the HomeSwitch, perhaps there's something different between them.

EDIT: Also just tested Kcalbeloh with HomeSwitch set to Suluco instead of Efil, same issue.

Edited by CoriW

Oh wow, this mod looks gorgeous. I'm definitely gonna give it a try, but I'm going to wait to progress a bit further on my stock system save...

Is it recommended to start a fresh save with it or adding it later on won't cause any issues?

On 11/22/2022 at 6:12 PM, MARL_Mk1 said:

Oh wow, this mod looks gorgeous. I'm definitely gonna give it a try, but I'm going to wait to progress a bit further on my stock system save...

Is it recommended to start a fresh save with it or adding it later on won't cause any issues?

There won't be any issues if you don't enable homeswitch setting.

6 hours ago, Bill Kerman0623 said:

你能
告诉我禁用星空背景的 cfg 文件中的 true 是否被错误地键入为 true?

[Moderator Added Translation]
Can you tell me if true in the cfg file for disabling the star background is mistyped as true?

确实打错了,应该是True

Yes, it is mistyped, should be 'True'.

Hello everybody.. Just a bit of an update from my few posts above, we were able to pinpoint a bug that causes some problems related to having your homeworld on a planet which is not orbiting the sun, it is being looked into by the Kopernicus devs to see if anything can possibly be done to correct the issue, aside from that I discovered some very obvious incompatibilities related to tidally locked homeworlds in combination with some other mods like Bureaucracy and Kronometer.

Now that being said, if anyone here uses Kcalbeloh along with it's HomeSwitch feature and also uses the Bureaucracy mod, you're going to absolutely need the modified DLL I've provided over in the Bureaucracy thread or else it can cause game crashing issues. Now of course I wouldn't have only posted in this thread about something not related to this mod, as the second thing I've done can be used whether you're using Bureaucracy or not.

For anyone who uses Kcalbeloh's HomeSwitch feature, I have created a modified version of the Kronometer mod which allows setting custom day and year lengths for your HomeWorld. Normally the Kronometer mod suffers the same mod incompatibilities which I mentioned above with tidally locked homeworlds, however with my modified version of Kronometer you can bypass the code that causes the bug by manually setting these numbers. Both the Bureaucracy and Kronometer modified DLL's are provided over in the Bureaucracy thread for anyone who is interested.

EDIT: If anyone is curious the settings I'm using for Efil as my homeworld is a day length of 52857 and a year length of 70940632 (the year length is set to the orbital period of the parent body (Anehta) since it's the one that actually orbits the star)

Edited by CoriW

1 hour ago, AstralMinerNCC1701 said:

I am planning on playing with Parallax 2 but I don't know if it will break something with these planets. Is there compatibility with Parallax 2? It just says Parallax on the home page so I don't know if it also means Parallax 2. Thanks!

Currently it can load without error, but there isn't any ground object added to Kcalbeloh system planets.

• 1 month later...
8 hours ago, nathan_goes_boom said:

how come the game is telling me that the Kopernicus wont be able to load the planets because "there was a exception in the loading process?" 

This could be caused by any number of things, but the most common reasons are incompatible mods and mods that have been installed incorrectly.

Without knowing anything about your KSP installation, it's impossible to say more. In order to try to diagnose the problem, we would need more information, such as log files and a list of the mods you have installed.

On 1/1/2023 at 3:18 AM, nathan_goes_boom said:

how come the game is telling me that the Kopernicus wont be able to load the planets because "there was a exception in the loading process?" 

In most cases it's caused by incorrect installation. You can find the installation checklist in this thread or on the Github page and check your installation yourself. If the error is still there, you can post your logs and I can take a look.

10 hours ago, AronBTW said:

When i download this mod, no planets have any clouds even if i have eve redux installed. How do i fix this

Can you upload your logs?

7 hours ago, Jason Kerman said:

您可以尝试单击太阳能电池板并手动选择太阳能电池板正在跟踪的恒星。

Thank you for your help, but I found out that it may be caused by KSP Interstellar Extended. Because when I'm not using the KSP Interstellar Exended, the solar panels work. Whether Kcalbeloh is not compatible with KSP Interstellar Extended.

3 hours ago, 2935726762 said:

Thank you for your help, but I found out that it may be caused by KSP Interstellar Extended. Because when I'm not using the KSP Interstellar Exended, the solar panels work. Whether Kcalbeloh is not compatible with KSP Interstellar Extended.

I haven't played with KSPIE before. I will test myself when I have time.

Hey there this mods looks very good however i can't play it because when i install it it breaks B9partswitch (causes a lot of serious errors) and all of the solar panels gets stuck and do not work :(

Did anyone have the same issue and how did you solve it if you did ?

On 1/10/2023 at 4:08 AM, Saturn_The_Planet said:

This is the best planet pack in KSP IMO, Astounding work, My only complaint is Where Are The SCIENCE DEFINITIONS?!?!?!?!?!

Thanks! The science definitions are considered less important part and take a lot of time to write, so they are on lower priority.

1 hour ago, Lattina2517 said:

Hey there this mods looks very good however i can't play it because when i install it it breaks B9partswitch (causes a lot of serious errors) and all of the solar panels gets stuck and do not work :(

Did anyone have the same issue and how did you solve it if you did ?

I played B9partswitch with Kcalbeloh myself and I haven't had any issues. Have you tried a clean installation with Kcalbeloh and B9PS only? Maybe there is something else that breaks the game. You can also upload your logs if you want.