[1.12.5] Kcalbeloh System Planet Pack (v1.1.7) - A journey to a black hole (April 9, 2024)

Jason Kerman

1 hour ago, Tntman93 said:

I removed the file and it uh, works? This feels like it'll definitely cause problems later down the road, I mean it's 194 kb of something, and it probably serves a purpose. Anyways, this is KSP so it's a good enough fix.

Thanks, would literally never have figured this out otherwise!

Yeah, I know it probably serves a purpose, but what?  It didn't used to be part of the pack.  Strikes me as very odd anyways.  Glad it works for this mod anyhow!

Edited by R-T-B

9 hours ago, Tntman93 said:

I removed the file and it uh, works? This feels like it'll definitely cause problems later down the road, I mean it's 194 kb of something, and it probably serves a purpose. Anyways, this is KSP so it's a good enough fix.

Just to explain exactly what happened: you were bitten by the infamous KSP's Assembly Loader/Resolver bug. It's the thingy that keeps track of every DLL loaded, as well the Assemblies inside the DLL (C# DLLs are like zip files, a container for things, being that things the Assemblies, where Assemblies are a bunch of related code sewed together).

What happens is that when something tries to load a DLL and it's not there, or the DLL it's there but it's corrupted somehow (as not being able to find dependencies), the Assembly Loader/Resolver enters into a inconsistent state and from that point, anyone trying to load a DLL or to use a thingy called Reflection from the C#'s runtime borks relentlessly. It happens that TweakScale makes heavy use of both thingies and, so, it's usually the whistle blower that yells about it.

Had not this nasty Assembly Loader/Resolver bug be there, failing to load a DLL would only affect whatever was trying to load it (as, obviously, it was being loaded because it have something someone is willing to use).

Since this RunSharp.dll one could be removed without consequences, it was probably copied by accident into the distribution package. KSP preloads all DLLs if finds in the GameData (unless they are inside a directory called PluginData), even if no one is going to use it. I'm guessing that this RunSharp thingy needs some dependency that was not there, and then borked being loaded, and then triggered the infamous bug on Assembly Loader/Resolver.

Welcome to a very important class on Software Development: Configuration Management. :) 

Cheers!

@Jason Kerman Hi, just wanted to report a bug and ask if there's a solution for it. The bug concerns only Kerbalism mod (I installed everthing in CKAN and didn't use any other mods, even graphics mods). In Kcalbeloh description it says that it should be compatible with Kerbalism, but there are no further details for this. Since I got bored of the stock KSP system, I decided to use HomeSwitch feature by setting it to Suluco in this planet pack config. But there's one issue with using HomeSwitch and Kerbalism. When you don't use HomeSwitch and use stock KSP planet system, Kerbalism science data collection system works properly and the timer for collecting data starts properly and the data is getting gathered. But when I set HomeSwitch to Suluco, the data can't be gathered and the time simply does not start and it says that there is no connection to the DSN KSC. It seems to me that Suluco doesn't have its own 'DSN: KSC' point to which Kerbalism must refer. You can clearly see it in Connection Manager GUI that Kerbalism provides. I don't think it is Kerbalism issue, since it works with Kcalbeloh system installed and when you use stock system. I'm attaching two screenshots where you can see Kerbin - stock system and Kcalbeloh (homeswitch option in config is set to false), and a screenshot where you can see Suluco (homeswitch is set to Suluco) and the science data there is not gathered. Pay attention to Connection Manager, on Kerbin it says that it is connected to DSN, but on Suluco it tries to connect to DSN every 3 seconds.

Kerbin:
iU4qW4f.png
Suluco:
5500SaD.png

Edited by stickman050
Added details to last sentence.

5 hours ago, stickman050 said:

@Jason Kerman Hi, just wanted to report a bug and ask if there's a solution for it. The bug concerns only Kerbalism mod (I installed everthing in CKAN and didn't use any other mods, even graphics mods). In Kcalbeloh description it says that it should be compatible with Kerbalism, but there are no further details for this. Since I got bored of the stock KSP system, I decided to use HomeSwitch feature by setting it to Suluco in this planet pack config. But there's one issue with using HomeSwitch and Kerbalism. When you don't use HomeSwitch and use stock KSP planet system, Kerbalism science data collection system works properly and the timer for collecting data starts properly and the data is getting gathered. But when I set HomeSwitch to Suluco, the data can't be gathered and the time simply does not start and it says that there is no connection to the DSN KSC. It seems to me that Suluco doesn't have its own 'DSN: KSC' point to which Kerbalism must refer. You can clearly see it in Connection Manager GUI that Kerbalism provides. I don't think it is Kerbalism issue, since it works with Kcalbeloh system installed and when you use stock system. I'm attaching two screenshots where you can see Kerbin - stock system and Kcalbeloh (homeswitch option in config is set to false), and a screenshot where you can see Suluco (homeswitch is set to Suluco) and the science data there is not gathered. Pay attention to Connection Manager, on Kerbin it says that it is connected to DSN, but on Suluco it tries to connect to DSN every 3 seconds.

Kerbin:
iU4qW4f.png
Suluco:
5500SaD.png

Thanks for reporting! I will take a look when I have time. 

12 hours ago, Athur Dent said:

Any specific reason why only windows is supported? From the looks of it, this mod does not use any features that do not work on the Linux or macOS builds of the game.

I haven't tested it on Mac/Linux before. But at least I know Singularity doesn't work well on Mac or Linux.

I'm also having an issue regarding this and Kerbalism, and possibly Beyond Home. Solar panels do not calculate or register properly with the MultiStarSolarPanels.cfg within KcalbelohSystem/OtherFeatures, as after a few hours of removing mods to find the culprit and then looking for any potential culprits, removing that single file fixed it. Having that file result in satellites running out of power when unloaded, the VAB Kerbalism calculator not detecting solar power at all, and for solar power to be listed as "Other" in the calculator in flight. I'm pretty sure Kerbalism handles the multi star solar issues on their side, so there may need to be a disclaimer to remove that if using Kerbalism. I'm not sure if using Beyond Home/homeswitching is part of the issue, I do not have any issues with science transmission so it's likely unrelated to the other Kerbalism issue above. I can provide a modlist however it is just the essentials required for Kerbalism, Beyond Home, and Kcalbeloh System when I was testing it.
TLDR: Kerbalism doesn't seem to like the MultiStarSolarPanels.cfg packaged with this, reducing Kerbalism compatibility

On 2/28/2023 at 6:13 AM, Jason Kerman said:

I haven't tested it on Mac/Linux before. But at least I know Singularity doesn't work well on Mac or Linux.

For fix accreation disk in linux you have to change in GameData/KcalbelohSystem/OtherFeatures/Singularity.cfg

accretionDiskTexturePath = KcalbelohSystem\PluginData\disk.dds

to

accretionDiskTexturePath = KcalbelohSystem/PluginData/disk.dds

Tanks for this great mod

Regards

34 minutes ago, Badsector said:

For fix accreation disk in linux you have to change in GameData/KcalbelohSystem/OtherFeatures/Singularity.cfg

accretionDiskTexturePath = KcalbelohSystem\PluginData\disk.dds

to

accretionDiskTexturePath = KcalbelohSystem/PluginData/disk.dds

Tanks for this great mod

Regards

Thank you for pointing it out! I can't believe I didn't notice it before!

3 hours ago, Jason Kerman said:

Thank you for pointing it out! I can't believe I didn't notice it before!

Np, but i still get exceptions from singularity

[EXC 18:23:31.005] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
	Singularity.SceneRendererHook.OnPostRender () (at <9979393ee651429dad328b68f1d0ef0e>:0)
	UnityEngine.DebugLogHandler:LogException(Exception, Object)
	ModuleManager.UnityLogHandle.InterceptLogHandler:LogException(Exception, Object)
	UnityEngine.Camera:RenderToCubemap(Cubemap)
	Singularity.Singularity:SetupCubemap()
	Singularity.Singularity:Init()
	Singularity.<DelayedInit>d__0:MoveNext()

Planets near the ring get a weird shader.

Edit

with

lensingStacking = false

i get exceptions

and with

lensingStacking = true

i get visual errors.

Edit 2

Only Iomena and onrefni get issue the rest is totally playable for linux users

Edited by Badsector

7 hours ago, Badsector said:

Np, but i still get exceptions from singularity

[EXC 18:23:31.005] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
	Singularity.SceneRendererHook.OnPostRender () (at <9979393ee651429dad328b68f1d0ef0e>:0)
	ModuleManager.UnityLogHandle.InterceptLogHandler:LogException(Exception, Object)
	UnityEngine.Camera:RenderToCubemap(Cubemap)
	Singularity.Singularity:SetupCubemap()
	Singularity.Singularity:Init()
	Singularity.<DelayedInit>d__0:MoveNext()

Planets near the ring get a weird shader.

Edit

with

lensingStacking = false

i get exceptions

and with

lensingStacking = true

i get visual errors.

Edit 2

Only Iomena and onrefni get issue the rest is totally playable for linux users

Yes, I have also received similar reports before. Maybe you can also report to Singularity's dev.

On 3/8/2023 at 5:23 PM, Chasawpro said:

I couldnt get any of the planets or worm holes or black holes to load, they show up on the map, but they dont show up in game

Can you upload your logs?

5 hours ago, G_Force080491 said:

Well, the biggest problem i face with this system is communication with KSC. Even wit NFExploration parts it is never even close to maximum range.) I can modify the antenna range and power before game start, but it will also broke the balance in Kerbol system.

I usually send a manned remote control station to control unmanned vessels. If you want to transfer experiment data, you can have a craft orbiting the wormhole and jump frequently between the two systems. Personally I don't like the idea of the interstellar antenna because interstellar real-time communication is impossible considering the speed of light.

On 3/1/2023 at 10:11 AM, Khrazlon said:

I'm also having an issue regarding this and Kerbalism, and possibly Beyond Home. Solar panels do not calculate or register properly with the MultiStarSolarPanels.cfg within KcalbelohSystem/OtherFeatures, as after a few hours of removing mods to find the culprit and then looking for any potential culprits, removing that single file fixed it. Having that file result in satellites running out of power when unloaded, the VAB Kerbalism calculator not detecting solar power at all, and for solar power to be listed as "Other" in the calculator in flight. I'm pretty sure Kerbalism handles the multi star solar issues on their side, so there may need to be a disclaimer to remove that if using Kerbalism. I'm not sure if using Beyond Home/homeswitching is part of the issue, I do not have any issues with science transmission so it's likely unrelated to the other Kerbalism issue above. I can provide a modlist however it is just the essentials required for Kerbalism, Beyond Home, and Kcalbeloh System when I was testing it.
TLDR: Kerbalism doesn't seem to like the MultiStarSolarPanels.cfg packaged with this, reducing Kerbalism compatibility

I went through the same experience. I think that kerbalism handles this itself was mentioned somewhere in the kerbalism thread but its been long buried. 

So if anyones popping in from a search, remember to remove the kopernicus MultiStarSolarPanels.cfg if you use kerbalism.

11 hours ago, Jason Kerman said:

Personally I don't like the idea of the interstellar antenna because interstellar real-time communication is impossible considering the speed of light.

Oh, i didn't thought in that way, completely forgot about this. I think your right, it's pretty immersive. Thanks!

On 3/9/2023 at 11:42 PM, Jason Kerman said:

Can you upload your logs?

I usually send a manned remote control station to control unmanned vessels. If you want to transfer experiment data, you can have a craft orbiting the wormhole and jump frequently between the two systems. Personally I don't like the idea of the interstellar antenna because interstellar real-time communication is impossible considering the speed of light.

How would I upload the logs, it says that the file format is not allowed and I cant copy paste the content of it

2 hours ago, Chasawpro said:

How would I upload the logs, it says that the file format is not allowed and I cant copy paste the content of it

The easiest way is  going to my discord server if you are a discord user. You can also share it with google drive, dropbox, etc.

Hi!

Is there any reason to use the built in 10x rescale as opposed to just the regular 10x rescale mod? Does it offer improvements?

If I want real-life sized scale (10.6x) should I just stick to using the rescale mod?

Edited by John007qwe

20 hours ago, John007qwe said:

Hi!

Is there any reason to use the built in 10x rescale as opposed to just the regular 10x rescale mod? Does it offer improvements?

If I want real-life sized scale (10.6x) should I just stick to using the rescale mod?

The built-in rescale config fits better for this mod, and is better polished. Other rescale mods MIGHT work, but it's not recommended. Also many rescale mods have been outdated for a while.

Edited by Jason Kerman

30 minutes ago, Jason Kerman said:

The built-in rescale config fits better for this mod, and is better polished. Other rescale mods MIGHT work, but it's not recommended. Also many rescale mods have been outdated for a while.

This, basically.  SigmaDimensions, while it works, has a few annoying bugs.  If a planetpack author offers you a "bugfree" config, take it.  You're avoiding a lot of workarounds for tiny bugs in SD.

37 minutes ago, R-T-B said:

This, basically.  SigmaDimensions, while it works, has a few annoying bugs.  If a planetpack author offers you a "bugfree" config, take it.  You're avoiding a lot of workarounds for tiny bugs in SD.

Unfortunately there doesn't seem to be an option for 10.625x scale, which is what I'm looking for to use.

Also I noticed this error in ksp.log:

Spoiler

[LOG 16:53:25.974] [Parallax] Created body: Onrefni
[EXC 16:53:25.982] ArgumentException: An item with the same key has already been added. Key: Onrefni
    System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2[TKey,TValue].TryInsert (TKey key, TValue value, System.Collections.Generic.InsertionBehavior behavior) (at <9577ac7a62ef43179789031239ba8798>:0)
    System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2[TKey,TValue].Add (TKey key, TValue value) (at <9577ac7a62ef43179789031239ba8798>:0)
    Parallax.Loader.LoadAllNodes () (at <40e34d3c09734e828597afb2f90e2e92>:0)
    Parallax.Loader.Start () (at <40e34d3c09734e828597afb2f90e2e92>:0)
    UnityEngine.Debug:CallOverridenDebugHandler(Exception, Object)

KSP.log