Jump to content

[1.12.3] Kcalbeloh System Planet Pack (v1.0.1) - A journey to a black hole (Nov 12, 2022)


Jason Kerman
 Share

Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, GGzz12321 said:

I don't know why the pictures have become links,I'm sorry about that

Because you have linked to an imgur page, not a pic.   Right click each pic and select "copy image link" and then paste that. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, GGzz12321 said:

Nice! I like them.

2 hours ago, chaos113 said:

i think it was caused by me moving aciore to sunorcs orbit with hyper edit because it would be better for homeswitching to efil 

I cannot garantee the stability for the changes you made yourself except from Kcalbeloh System Settings.cfg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
8 hours ago, Gargamel said:

Because you have linked to an imgur page, not a pic.   Right click each pic and select "copy image link" and then paste that. 

I know,thank you!

Edited by GGzz12321
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Recently we are looking for some testers. The testing is mainly on game-play experience (difficulty, balance, mods to play with, etc). If you are going to play with Kcalbeloh recently (without cheating) and would like to share your game-play experience, feel free to let me know. I would really appreciate it!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 4 weeks later...

Wow! I had to relog into my KSP account after years just to comment.

 

This looks amazing. After I get home from work I'm definitely going to try it out.

 

Question: Do the planets have custom science blurbs? If not, obviously not a deal breaker because this looks amazingly cool.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

When I have this pack installed with RSS, it causes the outer planets to be extremely dark.  The inner planets (mercury-mars) look fine, but at around Saturn to Pluto the planets start to become practically invisible. Did I install the RSS config file wrong, or is it something else? I uninstalled the Kcalbeloh and the planets now look fine. 20220531154251_1.jpg

20220531154329_1.jpg

20220531154334_1.jpg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 hours ago, Hunter54711 said:

Wow! I had to relog into my KSP account after years just to comment.

 

This looks amazing. After I get home from work I'm definitely going to try it out.

 

Question: Do the planets have custom science blurbs? If not, obviously not a deal breaker because this looks amazingly cool.

Glad you like it. I haven't write science definitions yet. Since it would take a lot of time to write and it's not the major work, the priority of it is relatively low.

4 hours ago, icebacklxxiv said:

When I have this pack installed with RSS, it causes the outer planets to be extremely dark.  The inner planets (mercury-mars) look fine, but at around Saturn to Pluto the planets start to become practically invisible. Did I install the RSS config file wrong, or is it something else? I uninstalled the Kcalbeloh and the planets now look fine. 20220531154251_1.jpg

20220531154329_1.jpg

20220531154334_1.jpg

It seems I need to adjust my light curve for RSS sun. I made a quick adjustment here: 

https://drive.google.com/file/d/13alakhrP8W79yr9K9fpJddxIUz8ruakS/view?usp=sharing

Put it to /GameData/KcalbelohSystem/OtherFeatures/ and replace the origional file.

Let me know if you think it is still too dark.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Jason Kerman said:

Glad you like it. I haven't write science definitions yet. Since it would take a lot of time to write and it's not the major work, the priority of it is relatively low.

It seems I need to adjust my light curve for RSS sun. I made a quick adjustment here: 

https://drive.google.com/file/d/13alakhrP8W79yr9K9fpJddxIUz8ruakS/view?usp=sharing

Put it to /GameData/KcalbelohSystem/OtherFeatures/ and replace the origional file.

Let me know if you think it is still too dark.

 

It definitely worked, but they could be a bit brighter,  Pluto and Neptune are still a little dark, but everything else is great!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

The only criticism I have so far is that the biomes on Efil and Eulb are hard to distinguish and are straight up wrong on Efil. (IE "water" biome on top of a mountain) but I get it, still in beta. I rly like this pack. The black hole looking in the distance everywhere you go is such a cool sight. Tomorrow I'll probably be sending my first interplanetary mission. Really enjoying the unique sights and challenges.

 

As far as bugs go, sometimes clicking on the buildings at the space center to enter them can be buggy. They flicker a lot and you can't click them. Thankfully, it seems like that's mostly a problem with the tier 1 buildings you start with on career mode and it's honestly not that big of a deal. I can upload a video if you want to see what I mean exactly

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 6/2/2022 at 6:22 PM, Hunter54711 said:

The only criticism I have so far is that the biomes on Efil and Eulb are hard to distinguish and are straight up wrong on Efil.

Thank you for reporting them! Did you mean the color variation of biome map is hard to distinguish? I will look at the wrong biome.

On 6/2/2022 at 6:22 PM, Hunter54711 said:

As far as bugs go, sometimes clicking on the buildings at the space center to enter them can be buggy. They flicker a lot and you can't click them.

Are you using homeswitch mode? Yes, you can show me the video if you want.

We can chat more in the mod's discord server if you wish to join. Any proper bug reports and feedback will definitely make this mod better.:happy:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 6/4/2022 at 2:32 AM, chaos113 said:

for some reason tcas and mechjeb mess up when on planets in the kcalbeloh mod

Can you provide more detail information? Does it happen only to this planet pack or every planet packs?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, Jason Kerman said:

Can you provide more detail information? Does it happen only to this planet pack or every planet packs?

it seems to be only this one, when using tcas on planets it will make them spin out of control 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 7/12/2021 at 12:15 AM, Jason Kerman said:

System Map

Are you sure you want to spoil it?

  Hide contents

KcalbelohSystemMap6k.png

 

Added a system map. Some data might be different from the current release, which will be corrected in the next update.

Hopefully the next update will be the official release.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 3 weeks later...
8 hours ago, chaos113 said:

the planets colliders are not very good (or maybe its on my end idk) wheels sink into the ground and landing gear becomes like a trampoline when on docked  craft

you can try to enable the Kopernicus collider fix. See below:

Also, always make sure you have updated Kopernicus and my mod to the newest version.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Jason Kerman said:

you can try to enable the Kopernicus collider fix. See below:

Also, always make sure you have updated Kopernicus and my mod to the newest version.

 

it provides no information on how to activate it, it just says it exists

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, chaos113 said:

it provides no information on how to activate it, it just says it exists

Not true. Just answered your question in the Kopernicus thread.
Also, the release notes say "please see Kopernicus_Config.cfg option DisableFarAwayColliders, read about the fix/workaround, and set it as you feel appropriate."

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, chaos113 said:

it provides no information on how to activate it, it just says it exists

the in game settings GUI at the KSC will have the option to turn it on/off, if using a modern release..

Edited by R-T-B
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...