Jump to content

[1.12.3] Kcalbeloh System Planet Pack (v1.0.1) - A journey to a black hole (Nov 12, 2022)


Jason Kerman
 Share

Recommended Posts

On 7/23/2022 at 5:12 AM, Popcatgoldexperience said:

hello! I've been loving the mod. it's nice to see more well-done black hole systems. 

i also wanted to take the time to post some of my suggestions! really just some things I'd like to see in the system

p-115: "dragon" and p115B: drake: dragon was a planet that was in very close orbit of kcabelloh but got to close and was shot off into space. soon joined by drake. now in a far out non cemeterial orbit the planets seem to have seismic activity even when out beyond a star but even more strange is the crimson red lights that echo across dragon and drake.

physical desc: rocky planet with a lot of mountain terrain and a large moon that still isn't explained. the planet has a thick hydrogen ocean that covers a small area of the rocky  part of the surface. the moon is about 60 percent the size of the planet.

thats my idea for a planet! if you choose to do anything with it feel free to modify things that don't really work. its really just me voicing a cool idea I had.

hello! I've been loving the mod. it's nice to see more well-done black hole systems. 

i also wanted to take the time to post some of my suggestions! really just some things I'd like to see in the system

p-115: "dragon" and p115B: drake: a planet that was in very close orbit of kcabelloh but got to close and was shot off into space. now in a far out non cemeterial orbit this planet seems to have seismic activity even when out beyond a star but even more strange is the crimson red lights that echo across the moon

physical desc: rocky planet with a lot of mountain terrain and a large moon that still isn't explained. the planet has a thick hydrogen ocean that covers a small area of the rocky  part of the surface

thats my idea for a planet! if you choose to do anything with it feel free to modify things that don't really work. its really just me voicing a cool idea I had.

Thank you! It can be helpful if I decide to add new planets in the future. 

On 7/23/2022 at 10:38 PM, Rocket Science42 said:

ok, so I did some experimentation with different visual mods and I believe I've narrowed down the culprit, the issue with the clouds not working seems to be linked to GU Stock Clouds. you may want to look into this issue.

Just food for thought.

Good to hear you have located the issue! Maybe you can ask the creater of GU since there isn't any EVE config related to stock system in my mod.

14 hours ago, Socowez said:

does this mod usually use large amounts of RAM? I tried loading the mod with it's dependencies, but when I try to enter a save, the game crashes. (Considering the save was a sandbox with no active flights, I thought it was okay. Should I start a new save regardless?)

It shouldn't. From my testing the ram usage is slightly lower than Beyond Home. ( I don't mean to compare, just for a reference.) If you can run Beyond Home it should be fine. If not, I can have a look if you can post your logs.

9 hours ago, chaos113 said:

im sorry but i dont think  i can use this mod anymore with how buggy it is 

I can try to help if you can describe the bugs and post your logs.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I have an issue... I installed the planet pack for the latest version of the game. It worked perfectly, but then I tried moving the KSC to one of the new planets by following the instructions given. This didn't quite work, whenever I tried doing this, the KSC would get moven to the new planet, but the planet would get moved to the kerbol system. What did I do wrong and how do I fix it?!

Edited by Deformed
Spelling
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, Deformed said:

I have an issue... I installed the planet pack for the latest version of the game. It worked perfectly, but then I tried moving the KSC to one of the new planets by following the instructions given. This didn't quite work, whenever I tried doing this, the KSC would get moven to the new planet, but the planet would get moved to the kerbol system. What did I do wrong and how do I fix it?!

It's working fine from my side. Could you upload your log so I can try to locate your problem?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Jason Kerman said:

It's working fine from my side. Could you upload your log so I can try to locate your problem?

https://discord.com/channels/132478131490521089/132503638793912320/1001415768983998485
You may not be able to access the link, I am new to the forums and asked someone on discord how to upload the logs. He told me to send them on discord and to then send you a link. If you can't access it feel free to dm me on discord. me name is GustavoFring#1912

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, Deformed said:

https://discord.com/channels/132478131490521089/132503638793912320/1001415768983998485
You may not be able to access the link, I am new to the forums and asked someone on discord how to upload the logs. He told me to send them on discord and to then send you a link. If you can't access it feel free to dm me on discord. me name is GustavoFring#1912

Best way is to upload and share via Dropbox or something similar:wink:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 8/7/2022 at 4:05 PM, QubicQuantum said:

does anyone have a delta-v map for this system?

Usually a dv map is made for a home-replacement planet pack, not for interstellar planet packs, because the dv map depends on where you start.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hi! This mod is sooooo cool. I love all the planets so much and can't wait to start exploring them! I do have one little issue, however...

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ETYJEwPyUAdPtfvqu3qeiWpqcoYkKh3N/view?usp=sharing

I'm not sure why the black hole has this texture. Everything else in the mod is working beautifully. Odds are that I'm just an idiot and messed something up or forgot to download something, but if there's anything y'all can suggest that would help I would appreciate it. Keep up the good work!!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

47 minutes ago, Astrophage23 said:

Hi! This mod is sooooo cool. I love all the planets so much and can't wait to start exploring them! I do have one little issue, however...

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ETYJEwPyUAdPtfvqu3qeiWpqcoYkKh3N/view?usp=sharing

I'm not sure why the black hole has this texture. Everything else in the mod is working beautifully. Odds are that I'm just an idiot and messed something up or forgot to download something, but if there's anything y'all can suggest that would help I would appreciate it. Keep up the good work!!

Usually this issue occurs when an older version of Singularity is installed. You can reinstall the newest Singularity (0.991) and see if it works.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Jason Kerman said:

Usually this issue occurs when an older version of Singularity is installed. You can reinstall the newest Singularity (0.991) and see if it works.

this worked idk how i ended up downloading an old version lol thank you so much!!! :)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 4 weeks later...

I keep getting a problem in which kopernicus doesn't load in the planets. I checked the logs and is "NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object" seems to be popping up every time a planets tries to load.

Update: did some more digging and found this error [LOG 19:16:45]: [Kopernicus]: Configuration.Loader: Failed to load Body: KcalbelohSystem/Ahtpan: Missing non-optional field: ParallaxOptimized.Subdivide.subdivisionRadius

Edited by Apollo 13
Link to comment
Share on other sites

59 minutes ago, Apollo 13 said:

I keep getting a problem in which kopernicus doesn't load in the planets. I checked the logs and is "NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object" seems to be popping up every time a planets tries to load.

Update: did some more digging and found this error [LOG 19:16:45]: [Kopernicus]: Configuration.Loader: Failed to load Body: KcalbelohSystem/Ahtpan: Missing non-optional field: ParallaxOptimized.Subdivide.subdivisionRadius

It's caused by compatibility with parallax 2.0. A hotfix has been posted on my discord server for testing. You can try it if you need it urgently. If there is no issue, it will be published by the end of this week.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

September 11, 2022: Beta 1.4

  • Update for compatibility with Parallax 2.0.
    Please notice that surface objects/scatters for Parallax 2.0 have NOT been added. This is only an update to fix the loading error. I will add surface objects in the future but it needs a lot of work and takes time.
  • Add KSPCommunityFixes as a new dependency
    It can fix a bug that severely impacts the gameplay experience. You can find more information at this section.
  • Other minor adjustments and bug fixes.
Edited by Jason Kerman
Link to comment
Share on other sites

hey man, your mod is the exact type of mod ive been looking for but there are a few problems when switching the KSC to anywhere but Kerbin (currently trying Efil)

my gamedata folder consists of:

https://prnt.sc/aNXvbmSElNlk

https://prnt.sc/KjlmX5zfE1tW

https://prnt.sc/haBnukmEXTyB

https://prnt.sc/dvLrmtg9pBc5

 

can you spot any problems? if you need me to provide anything more let me know!

edit: issue still persists after wiping gamedata (keeping Squad and SquadExpansion, i did back everything up) and only downloading the essentials for this mod

Edited by bungling
new information
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, bungling said:

hey man, your mod is the exact type of mod ive been looking for but there are a few problems when switching the KSC to anywhere but Kerbin (currently trying Efil)

my gamedata folder consists of:

https://prnt.sc/aNXvbmSElNlk

https://prnt.sc/KjlmX5zfE1tW

https://prnt.sc/haBnukmEXTyB

https://prnt.sc/dvLrmtg9pBc5

 

can you spot any problems? if you need me to provide anything more let me know!

edit: issue still persists after wiping gamedata (keeping Squad and SquadExpansion, i did back everything up) and only downloading the essentials for this mod

Thanks! It's a known type of bug, maybe caused by KSP/Kopernicus. As far as I know it is due to the home planet is too far away from the center of the universe (the Sun in KSP). Unfortunately there is nothing I can do about it. But the good part is it's mostly a visual bug so it doesn't affect the gameplay much.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 minutes ago, Jason Kerman said:

Thanks! It's a known type of bug, maybe caused by KSP/Kopernicus. As far as I know it is due to the home planet is too far away from the center of the universe (the Sun in KSP). Unfortunately there is nothing I can do about it. But the good part is it's mostly a visual bug so it doesn't affect the gameplay much.

ill try reducing the distance from kerbol to 0.1x to try and see if this helps, i did notice a long time ago if i got REALLY far away the game started to break so i kinda suspected this was the issue

Link to comment
Share on other sites

one more question: is this compatible with Kerbalism? running a kerbalism science save and im approaching interplanetary and im just curious if this is compatible so i can get EVEN MOAR SCIENCE!!!

if not, no big deal, the kerbol system should give me enough science to finish the tree anyway

Edited by bungling
Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 hours ago, bungling said:

one more question: is this compatible with Kerbalism? running a kerbalism science save and im approaching interplanetary and im just curious if this is compatible so i can get EVEN MOAR SCIENCE!!!

if not, no big deal, the kerbol system should give me enough science to finish the tree anyway

It has configs for radiation belts. For science I heard there are some issues. Actually I'm not very famailar with Kerbalism.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...