[1.12.5] Kcalbeloh System Planet Pack (v1.1.4) - A journey to a black hole (Nov 11, 2023)

Jason Kerman

On 5/9/2023 at 12:05 PM, alex66438 said:

forgot to quote post look at other message edit: other messages arent getting approved?? logs here https://tempsend.com/dkwan

I saw an error related to scatterer. Could you try to check the installation of scatterer and reinstall it? 

[ERR 15:04:55.352] [Scatterer][Error] Destroying duplicate instance, check your install for duplicate scatterer folders, or nested GameData folders

Also, if you have other planet mods installed, it's better to remove them to make it easier to track issues.

On 5/9/2023 at 11:35 AM, The_Arcitect said:

Nope, look more to the right and up.. also for some reason its darker than in-game so either turn your screen a bit or turn up the brightness

I see. Let me check whether I can see it on my side.

6 hours ago, UltraJohn said:

Will you consider adding support for Rational Resources?

Yes, it will be in the next version.

18 minutes ago, Jason Kerman said:

I saw an error related to scatterer. Could you try to check the installation of scatterer and reinstall it? 

[ERR 15:04:55.352] [Scatterer][Error] Destroying duplicate instance, check your install for duplicate scatterer folders, or nested GameData folders

Also, if you have other planet mods installed, it's better to remove them to make it easier to track issues.

i have the latest version of scatterer and i also had opm installed but i've removed that now

maybe it's the default scatterer config conflicting with the kcalbeloh config?

1 hour ago, Jason Kerman said:

still broken

https://tempsend.com/wewwb

https://tempsend.com/wuqwg

https://tempsend.com/tjpuy

Edited by alex66438
need to quote post

19 hours ago, SkinnyBones said:

Hey, I am having trouble with the Black Hole not showing up visually, its still showing its SOI and isnt crashing my game, the space where its supposed to be is just empty space, do you know what causes this and how to fix it?

Do you have the Singularity mod installed?

I always played GU for a while, but this planet pack mod really blow my mind, specially the whormhole stuff!
It avoid players to fight the dark krakens of the interstellar space, wich is a buggy place, and i have to thanks for that...
Very good job, looking forward to this!

On 5/13/2023 at 11:51 AM, Iodyne said:

Do you have the Singularity mod installed?

Sorry for the late response, I was busy graduating,

No I had not, thank you for pointing me in the right direction, and sorry for the inconvenience of the dumb question.

1 hour ago, SkinnyBones said:

Sorry for the late response, I was busy graduating,

No I had not, thank you for pointing me in the right direction, and sorry for the inconvenience of the dumb question.

No worries! I had a graduation last week so I get that. I think we've all forgotten dependencies before.

Hey, having a small issue where the black hole doesn't show up, area is just empty space. I have singularity  installed, along with all the other dependencies for the mods needed. Also, the gas giant Anehta and the Simetra-simeht gas giants just being black orbs. I don't have EVE or Scatterer installed since my laptop can't really handle it.

Log file: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1xDvQA1X4TJIPVkG66kUmG0eqCx87EHd1/view?usp=sharing

Also I really like how with homeswitch enables Kerbol now orbits the Kcalbeloh system :)

Other than that, everything works fine!

Edited by Souptime

3 hours ago, Souptime said:

Hey, having a small issue where the black hole doesn't show up, area is just empty space. I have singularity  installed, along with all the other dependencies for the mods needed. Also, the gas giant Anehta and the Simetra-simeht gas giants just being black orbs. I don't have EVE or Scatterer installed since my laptop can't really handle it.

Log file: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1xDvQA1X4TJIPVkG66kUmG0eqCx87EHd1/view?usp=sharing

Also I really like how with homeswitch enables Kerbol now orbits the Kcalbeloh system :)

Other than that, everything works fine!

It seems ksp doesn't recognize Singularity's dll file. You can try to reinstall it. For the gas giant issue, since there isn't any related error showed up in your log, my suggestion is trying a clean installation with Kcalbeloh and its dependencies only to see whether it is caused by mod conflicts.

On 5/19/2023 at 12:41 AM, Dragon, ten od spejsiksa said:

Hey, is it compatible with TrueVolumetrics? 

If you refer to the beta EVE with volumetric clouds, no. I will wait until the stable version released.

2 hours ago, Jason Kerman said:

It seems ksp doesn't recognize Singularity's dll file. You can try to reinstall it. For the gas giant issue, since there isn't any related error showed up in your log, my suggestion is trying a clean installation with Kcalbeloh and its dependencies only to see whether it is caused by mod conflicts.

Thanks, black hole issue has been resolved. New problem though, got a fresh install and put the mod with all dependencies and it didn't load. I don't really mind it too much though.

Hello everybody!
I've playing Kcalbeloh System for a week now, and found some issues. Not sure if someone already reported this, but after try to land on multiple planets, the ground is kinda buggy and wheels get stucked in the ground, destroying the ship when landing/takeoff. Kerbals also get detroyed to the ground if they simply jump. This also happens when deploy surface experiments, wich i saw someone else did it without issues so, if nobody else report this i could provide the log file, thx in advance

Some images of my adventures on Sera!

Spoiler

098acff979e53913ceafeaf38214e5de.pngf692d0f7b1c9d8c8f31535706a52f2cb.png50531d99dfb90f3d1a31522fdcc06a0c.png73c39332a5fc5d963e035a28223114e2.pngcc07d63c53e2658c27ded5ddeca94c54.png1514616e44ce90eb6a19b3e28e67cf6c.png

On 5/11/2023 at 10:49 PM, Jason Kerman said:

Yes, it will be in the next version.

Do you have an estimate of when this update is going live? I'm actually hoping for this soon, to get the patch for Rational Resources before starting my next playthrough.

I've spoken with the author of RR and he mentioned that if you want, you can send him the config to include it alongside his other planet pack configs instead of including it yourself.

On 5/21/2023 at 1:13 PM, Jason Kerman said:

For the gas giant issue, since there isn't any related error showed up in your log, my suggestion is trying a clean installation with Kcalbeloh and its dependencies only to see whether it is caused by mod conflicts.

Alright, finally got it working on the new install (Forgot module manager :sticktongue:) and the gas giant bug is still present somehow, log here: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1t3NiEcY6NPN_-qffGR728U18d0CRnayQ/view?usp=sharing 

No other mods are present besides for Kcalbeloh and its dependencies

Edited by Souptime

1 hour ago, Souptime said:

Alright, finally got it working on the new install (Forgot module manager :sticktongue:) and the gas giant bug is still present somehow, log here: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1t3NiEcY6NPN_-qffGR728U18d0CRnayQ/view?usp=sharing 

No other mods are present besides for Kcalbeloh and its dependencies

could you try to remove the following dlls? 666_ModuleManagerWatchDog.dll, 999_Scale_Redist.dll, KSPModFileLocalizer.dll

15 hours ago, UltraJohn said:

Do you have an estimate of when this update is going live? I'm actually hoping for this soon, to get the patch for Rational Resources before starting my next playthrough.

I've spoken with the author of RR and he mentioned that if you want, you can send him the config to include it alongside his other planet pack configs instead of including it yourself.

I have sent RR configs to Jade. 

On 5/22/2023 at 11:07 AM, Ariel Kerman said:

Hello everybody!
I've playing Kcalbeloh System for a week now, and found some issues. Not sure if someone already reported this, but after try to land on multiple planets, the ground is kinda buggy and wheels get stucked in the ground, destroying the ship when landing/takeoff. Kerbals also get detroyed to the ground if they simply jump. This also happens when deploy surface experiments, wich i saw someone else did it without issues so, if nobody else report this i could provide the log file, thx in advance

Some images of my adventures on Sera!

Reveal hidden contents

098acff979e53913ceafeaf38214e5de.pngf692d0f7b1c9d8c8f31535706a52f2cb.png50531d99dfb90f3d1a31522fdcc06a0c.png73c39332a5fc5d963e035a28223114e2.pngcc07d63c53e2658c27ded5ddeca94c54.png1514616e44ce90eb6a19b3e28e67cf6c.png

you can check whether you have enabled one of the kopernicus settings to fix the issue. Or you can just download the newest version of kopernicus. the fix is on by default in newest kopernicus version.

Also, a few other bugs i've seen:

When the atmospheric heating on ascent during launch starts turning orange, so does the surface so does the ocean of Efil with it. This is just a visual bug though, and it only does this every once in a while

When timewarping in the tracking station, Efil visibly deviates from its orbit and can go out as far as Eulb or Elad. Might not be visual only, i've seen asteroids that spawn in Anehta's orbit and even a satellite be flung out of their orbits when normally they're perfectly stable and don't cross and SOI's. Just letting you know if you didn't already

Edited by Souptime

21 hours ago, Souptime said:

Also, a few other bugs i've seen:

When the atmospheric heating on ascent during launch starts turning orange, so does the surface so does the ocean of Efil with it. This is just a visual bug though, and it only does this every once in a while

When timewarping in the tracking station, Efil visibly deviates from its orbit and can go out as far as Eulb or Elad. Might not be visual only, i've seen asteroids that spawn in Anehta's orbit and even a satellite be flung out of their orbits when normally they're perfectly stable and don't cross and SOI's. Just letting you know if you didn't already

Yes, there are some visual bugs when enableing homeswitch, like launch site icons floating and drifting, and the home planet out of place when time warping. They are not fixable by me, but hopefully by Kopernicus in the future. 

For the gas giant texture issue, I still didn't see any related errors in the log and I'm not able to reproduce it at the moment. But I will keep it in mind.

Thank you anyway for your report!

23 hours ago, Jason Kerman said:

Yes, there are some visual bugs when enableing homeswitch, like launch site icons floating and drifting, and the home planet out of place when time warping. They are not fixable by me, but hopefully by Kopernicus in the future. 

For the gas giant texture issue, I still didn't see any related errors in the log and I'm not able to reproduce it at the moment. But I will keep it in mind.

Thank you anyway for your report!

No problem, good luck with the mod!

Update v1.0.4-alpha

Available on GitHub (pre-release).

This is an alpha release, which means some features are still working-in-progress and unfinished. Bugs might exist.

Changes since v1.0.3-alpha:

1. Parallax 2.0 scatters added.
  2. More science definitions added.
  3. Reduced the radius of Norihc.
  4. Adjusted the altitude threshold of flying low/high and in space low/high and the altitude of time warp limit for some planets.
  5. Fixed Arorua's atmosphere curve.
  6. Fixed the error that Rouqea's atmosphere was not oxygenated in the last version. Fixed the error that Uleg's atmosphere was oxygenated in the last version.
  7. Adjusted the biome list of Suluco.
  8. Fixed Kerbol's light intensity curve under rescaling.
  9. Added built-in settings for KSP Community Fixes to force disable the stock maneuver planning tool.
  10. Added resource config for MetalOre used by Extraplanetary Launchpads.
  11. Fixed the popped-up Module Manager errors with RSS.
  12. Fixed the error that Rouqea has small pieces of land. Adjusted Rouqea's wave to be bigger.
  13. Added support for Rational Resources, but the config is in RR's downloads.

Other changes since v1.0.1:

1. Orbit adjustments:
    (1) Simetra-Simeht system
    - Move the binary gas giants closer to each other.
    - Move Noira to retrograde orbit around the barycenter.
    - Move Noi to L4 Lagrange Point of Sunorc.
    - Adjust the SMA of Norihc and Noyreg.
    - Increase the SMA of the barycenter for a bit.
    (2) Increase the SMA of Maelg, Sunorc, and Aralc system for orbit stability.
    (3) Move Aralc-A and Aralc-B closer to each other.
    (4) Adjust the SMA of Ahtpan, Tot, and Sera.
    (5) Increase the inclination of Meiuqer.
  2. Better implementation for HomeSwitch and other settings.
  3. [WIP] Add support for Principia. The system stability has been tested for more than 500 years. Only works WITHOUT homeSwitch.
  4. Add support for ResearchBodies.
  5. Add support for Parallax under Homeswitch settings.
  6. Other minor changes/fixes:
    • Increase the atmosphere height of Rouqea.
    • Better sunlight curve for RSS.
    • Better planet introduction writing.
    • Remove the sunlight requirement for ScanSat since it only recognizes Kerbol as light source.
    • The wormhole will orbit Sarnus if OPM is installed.
    • Fix the timewarp limits in low-Kcalbeloh orbit.
    • Fix the accretion disk invisible in Linux/Mac.
    • Fix the orientations for tidally locked planets with RSS installed.
    • Remove RunSharp.dll in bundled KopernicusExpansions since it's useless and can cause issues.

Thanks for the update!

23 hours ago, Jason Kerman said:

Added resource config for MetalOre used by Extraplanetary Launchpads.

Do you know if this will affect the optional RR patch? I'm using RationalResourcesELUtilities which converts the EL MetalOre to the CRP version.

https://github.com/JadeOfMaar/RationalResources/tree/master/Extras/RationalResourcesELUtilities

@UltraJohn (Short answer: There's no effect.) Actually it appears that there is no MetalOre config (so whatever MetalOre shows up is fully random as default). There's a MetallicOre config but on its own EL has no business with it. This mod's bundled resource placement configs don't seem to have tags in them (such that RR would leave them alone and conflict with them) so that's good news.