What do you NOT want in KSP 2

MKI

32 minutes ago, Corona688 said:

This entire forum:  "I hate this game I have 10,000 hours in"

I don't see it that way at all. I know if I hated this game I wouldn't even be here.

3 hours ago, MKI said:

Except there isn't really many scenarios where you fly without any kind of SAS regardless of game mode. 

Agreed. There isn't really a reason to withhold that stuff and it should probably be on by default. 

1 hour ago, Pthigrivi said:

Agreed. There isn't really a reason to withhold that stuff and it should probably be on by default. 

Aha! There are many reason why SAS should be off! Like Kraken attacks when SAS gets confused. 

24 minutes ago, Dr. Kerbal said:

Aha! There are many reason why SAS should be off! Like Kraken attacks when SAS gets confused. 

Oh I should have prefaced on launch. And I am sort of hoping KSP2 irons out the station waggles. 

1 hour ago, Pthigrivi said:

Oh I should have prefaced on launch. And I am sort of hoping KSP2 irons out the station waggles. 

Yes. Oh I cant tell you how many times my stations wiggle them selves out. 

11 hours ago, Dr. Kerbal said:

Yes. Oh I cant tell you how many times my stations wiggle them selves out. 

never mind stations, my Super Star Destroyer probably shouldn't tear itself apart when entering Jovian space :P

• 2 weeks later...

I don't want a flat UI, e.g. flat buttons. KSP's UI looks cool because the buttons have shaders that make them look round. Adding shaders to make things look 3D on 2D improves the look of anything it's applied to, period.

floppy rockets.... That's what I don't want. I want metal to act like metal... lol.. I've never seen a piece of steel girder bend 90 degrees then straighten back out again. Bending should be kept down to a minimum... (a realistic minimum)

On 7/18/2021 at 10:46 PM, MKI said:

I think if this "block" feature is done well, it shouldn't need to be "patched" later so you see everything. If sandbox allows you to go to other star systems and planets to get more information about then, then so be it. You can build and design whatever you want in sandbox mode, so getting there shouldn't be a problem.

There can be an element of exploration in Sandbox mode, without just giving everything to the player.

IF KSP1 is any indicator, we can simply go into the INI file and see the list of planets/systems there anyway. Not that you'll be able to see them, but you'll know what exists, and their parameters. Kinda hard to block viewing those :/.. The only way to keep them from being viewed is if they were hard coded in the EXE file. Which I doubt will happen.

Edited by Talavar

• 2 weeks later...
15 hours ago, miklkit said:

What I DON"T want in KSP2?  Please make it stable.  In KSP1 the VAB causes dozens of files to be corrupted during every session.

That's not a normal occurrence for 95% of players. The technical support section of the forums might be able to help you out- I would even suggest verifying your game files through Steam (if you got the game that way) as a first step.

I would like to avoid "handwavium" technology that allows things outside the realm of physics- KSP1 is an orbital mechanics simulator, and KSP2 purports to expand that to colonies and propulsion. But, in the other direction, it shouldn't be *too* accurate, necessitating micromanagement. Just like you don't have to account for the gravitational influence of Kerbol while entering orbits of Mun, KSP2 shouldn't require you to monitor propellant mixture ratios to keep your turbopumps from melting or set up a colony government to ensure it doesn't fall into chaos.

I'm not too concerned about the above happening (save for The Propulsion Technology That Shall Not Be Named), but more pressing IMO is the possible lack of focus on the early game. A lot of players, myself included, have the most fun designing our spacecraft and mission architectures when you don't have multiple thousands of seconds of Isp or orbital construction. So far, we've seen mostly advanced propulsion technologies and colony parts, probably because they're the shiniest and sexiest, but it doesn't fully dispel my concerns. At least Intercept have overhauled the career mode we know and tolerate- that's already a significant advance.

Probably the thing I'm least concerned about is alien life, which has been mentioned a couple times in this thread. I'm not very concerned because out of all the planets showcased so far, none are green with plant life and they all seem to fit the laws of physics. I definitely don't want macroscopic (or at least the alien equivalent of eukaryotic) life elsewhere than Kerbin, and would probably only like microbial life in the seas of Puf/Vall, and maybe something much cooler like stromatolites on the relatively hospitable seabeds of Laythe. Kerbin can and should get the complex variations of life evolution should produce as part of Operation Spice Kerbin Up (please Intercept make OSKU a real thing).

Edited by Clamp-o-Tron

On 8/24/2021 at 12:36 PM, miklkit said:

What I DON"T want in KSP2?  Please make it stable.  In KSP1 the VAB causes dozens of files to be corrupted during every session.

For you. I've been playing KSP since the early 0.1x days, and I've never seen the problem you describe. Your choice of mods are what's causing the problems. Roll back to a vanilla install, and add your favourite mods back one at a time. That's your only reasonable hope to find a remedy to this situation of your own creation.

I have a few things I do NOT want in KSP2. First and foremost is I hope beyond hope that the fairings we get in KSP2 are more like Procedural Fairings instead of the stock fairings KSP1 has. Second is no forced multiplayer. I accept that multiplayer is going to be there but I hope it is not required. 

we will see what comes.

On 9/4/2021 at 3:26 AM, HyperDraco said:

Capsules/Kerballed Start.

Why, just why?

Why not? It's just like real life. But-

They didn't have computers sizable for spacecraft in the 1950's and 60's, and they do now. And, in fact, you're using a computer to play the game in the first place.

If I had a say on it though, it would be-leave it at Kerballed. Otherwise, make BOTH Kerballed and Unkerballed and option, if you devs can do that.

44 minutes ago, KSP_linux0191 said:

They didn't have computers sizable for spacecraft in the 1950's and 60's, and they do now. And, in fact, you're using a computer to play the game in the first place.

I'll take space travel for 200.
What were the first two artificial satellites?

19 hours ago, KSP_linux0191 said:

Why not? It's just like real life. But-

If I had a say on it though, it would be-leave it at Kerballed. Otherwise, make BOTH Kerballed and Unkerballed and option, if you devs can do that.

I mean sure they were controlled manually but they were definitively unmanned... er... unkerballed.

Online only and micro transactions.

Also, any restrictions that are put into place to cuddle, guide new players. KSP needs a steep learning curve. Tutorials and videos should be there to help, but no artificial limiting the player. Every restriction has to be toggleable.