What do you NOT want in KSP 2

MKI

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/26/2021 at 9:55 PM, Superfluous J said:

Free reusability.

Recovering a space craft should cost money, not refund it.

Doesn't this already exist? The farther from KSC you recover from the less of the rockets value you have returned. (transportation costs)

6 hours ago, ash73 said:

Multiplayer.

It will ruin the game, and diverts effort away from useful new features.

There is simply no way to do it sensibly.

How do you figure?

14 hours ago, ash73 said:

Multiplayer.

This is simply false and it's not even a matter of opinion, KSP as a game whether you want to see it from the simulator side or the management game side is the perfect kind of game for Coop Multiplayer, there are multiple ways to do it sensibly if you're not expecting a MMO kind of experience, for 2-8 players to completely play a career together you just need a simple sync-desync system.

On 8/14/2021 at 4:43 PM, KSP_linux0191 said:

I don't want a flat UI, e.g. flat buttons. KSP's UI looks cool because the buttons have shaders that make them look round. Adding shaders to make things look 3D on 2D improves the look of anything it's applied to, period.

But it made the UI cluttered, piling onto the fact that the UI is all over the place. KSP 2's UI needs less time to be processed and there's less visual clutter preventing that.

3 hours ago, Master39 said:

for 2-8 players to completely play a career together you just need a simple sync-desync system.

Agree. Multiplayer mods previously have fixed the problem of timewarp in a way that grants everyone control and lets people meet willingly and easily, then many years later there ends up being so much buzz over how multiplayer timewarp could be done, like everyone in the world just forgot Dark Multiplayer was ever a thing.

On 9/25/2021 at 4:41 PM, Bej Kerman said:

But it made the UI cluttered, piling onto the fact that the UI is all over the place. KSP 2's UI needs less time to be processed and there's less visual clutter preventing that.

My point is against a flat UI, not a cluttered UI. And you can de-clutter it.

11 hours ago, KSP_linux0191 said:

My point is against a flat UI, not a cluttered UI. And you can de-clutter it.

No, I'm saying that your idea would make the UI feel cluttered. The team is taking the UI in the right direction by making it flat, helping reduce clutter.

On 9/25/2021 at 4:14 AM, ash73 said:

Multiplayer.

how will it ruin the game? even if we would get a few less features it would defenetly be worth it

1 hour ago, KSP_linux0191 said:

I am not speaking of cluttered arrangements. I am speaking of using shaders to make e.g. a button look like it is rounded, sticking out of the surface it is embedded in.

Which would make it feel cluttered. Do you get what I'm saying now? The flat texturing makes the UI look a lot more readable, and doesn't take as much time to process what I'm looking at.

23 hours ago, Bej Kerman said:

Which would make it feel cluttered. Do you get what I'm saying now? The flat texturing makes the UI look a lot more readable, and doesn't take as much time to process what I'm looking at.

I get what you are saying now. Maybe there should be an option to install/make themes; some that have 3D buttons and stuff, and some that are flat. That would satisfy both sides.