Engine Sounds not working after time warp and no rotating docking ports - KSP 1.12.0

Hello all

I'm using KSP 1.12 and I'm having an issue. After coming out of time warp (not the first one, just some random time warp, doesn't matter if its physical or normal time warp) sounds like engine noises, landing gear noises and explosions, etc. stop working :(. Anyone know why?

I'm attaching my logs and mods (as a text file) just in case anyone needs it, and thanks for the help!!

Mod list: https://mega.nz/file/0YpCzKpZ#AukV9PahYxC-OAW7iKTBOOyIFdrRbp_tBFHzTJMRUgI
Latest Log: https://mega.nz/file/REpT3IaA#bFkiGj4c03IPKlVpSLQgG4TmocTHzSYs6Dh5PSQ3gv0

Edited by Stealthyshark85

• 5 weeks later...

Got the same issue here.  On 1.12, engine sounds seem to stop working sometimes on a time warp. It might be related to mods we are both running but your mega.nz download link to the text file with your mods stopped working. I had all the same mods installed on 1.11 and never had this issue. Some of them I've updated, some of them I've yet to. 

Running MechJeb2 2.12.1.0, SCANsat 20.4, StageRecovery 1.9.2.2, TimeControl 2.10.0, TweakScale 2.4.5.1, All Y'all 0.11.19, Easy Vessel Switch 2.1, Scatterer 0.0632, and KSP Recall 0.2.0.4

• 3 weeks later...

I am having the same problem as described. I'm using the same mods (some updated) as I did with 1.11 and previous versions with no such issue. I haven't quite determined if it is related to time warp, because it seems that is may happen just switching in and out of map view. I can't confirm that though.

Edited by Observe

On 9/19/2021 at 10:07 PM, Observe said:

I am having the same problem as described. I'm using the same mods (some updated) as I did with 1.11 and previous versions with no such issue. I haven't quite determined if it is related to time warp, because it seems that is may happen just switching in and out of map view. I can't confirm that though.

Yes switching mapview causes the same sound bug. But not always.

Edited by Kalone

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Noticed this issue myself today, using about 15 mods, all very small, mainly quality of life stuff (like Easy Vessel Switch, RCS Build Aid, etc). Tried to fiddle around with various aspects to recover the audio in game but the only fix was to restart the game annoyingly. I really hope this doesn't take months to fix like the old audio bug with airbreathing engines, at least you could still hear those (albeit, the volume didnt adjust when you scrolled out away from the craft). Where's the best place to report bugs? Discord? Or this forum here? I'll go the extra miles and remove all my mods to try and replicate the bug if no one has offically reported it yet.

lol I thought I was crazy, came here for the same thing.

Rocket sounds seem to work fine on the launchpad, then I lose everything eventually. I thought it was Kerbalism at first doing some 'realistic' thing to the sound of engines in space, then I noticed my airplane jet engines don't make noise either. I noticed when I reload a save mid-flight, suddenly during the 'lag', the engines will make noise.

Edited by Frostiken

@Frostiken Are you using any mods?
I found some other issues too, such as parachutes not making the opening noise or no water splash sound, seems to be some kind of issue with the sound that's forsure. I am currently trying to recreate the issue in stock, no mods at all so I can be sure no mod is possibly causing the issue and do a report on the squad bugtracker. I was using the following before hand, if I can't recreate it at all I'll try and test a few of the common mods used by those who have reported it and see if maybe there is an issue there? Unless someone that plays stock can chime in and say they are having the issue too. I'll keep you guys posted haha!

I am definitely praying it is a mod issue haha, that'll get fixed much faster.
My Modlist: 
https://imgur.com/FtOMdVu

2 minutes ago, Sleepy068 said:

@Frostiken Are you using any mods?
I found some other issues too, such as parachutes not making the opening noise or no water splash sound, seems to be some kind of issue with the sound that's forsure. I am currently trying to recreate the issue in stock, no mods at all so I can be sure no mod is possibly causing the issue and do a report on the squad bugtracker. I was using the following before hand, if I can't recreate it at all I'll try and test a few of the common mods used by those who have reported it and see if maybe there is an issue there? Unless someone that plays stock can chime in and say they are having the issue too. I'll keep you guys posted haha!

I am definitely praying it is a mod issue haha, that'll get fixed much faster.
My Modlist: 
https://imgur.com/FtOMdVu

Try taking Waterfall off, since you're playing with this. Waterfall is the only thing I can think of that affects all the engines having problems. I was going to try it myself but never got around to it.

Worth a try so I'll give it a go! Especially if you are having this issue too and have Waterfall installed. Although the second poster Johnnyknowhow didn't report using Waterfall, only Mechjeb, Easy Vessel Switch and Scatterer are the only mods I have in common with them. Worth a try though, the issue doesn't happen very often, maybe every few hours? But often enough that it is making the game difficult to enjoy.

Yeah I am starting to suspect it might be the cause,  another player has reported this on that mod's thread and appeared to have had done a lot of testing themselves to identify that mod as the issue. I've since removed it from my game and I haven't had the problem occur anymore (I've run a few missions since I removed it in my career game and I should of had the problem it at least once by now as it occured frequently enough for me piror). I'll keep playing and if it does occur again I'll let you know but it might be worth checking if removing that mod fixes the issue for you. Looks like the mod author is looking into it this too so if it is the cause, it probably won't be long before it is patched up.

8 hours ago, Sleepy068 said:

Yeah I am starting to suspect it might be the cause,  another player has reported this on that mod's thread and appeared to have had done a lot of testing themselves to identify that mod as the issue. I've since removed it from my game and I haven't had the problem occur anymore (I've run a few missions since I removed it in my career game and I should of had the problem it at least once by now as it occured frequently enough for me piror). I'll keep playing and if it does occur again I'll let you know but it might be worth checking if removing that mod fixes the issue for you. Looks like the mod author is looking into it this too so if it is the cause, it probably won't be long before it is patched up.

i do have better timewarp . will try it out. this would be amazing thx

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.