[Very Wip] Malum Planet Pack

Dr. Kerbal

duhjo2ereue71.png?width=1361&format=png&

***Note, promo image is not from in-game and is used for promotional purpose only. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED

Planned Release Date: CANCELLED

Current Version: CANCELLED

The Malum Planet Pack has been cancelled due to technical reasons. 

The Malum Planet Pack is a planet pack that adds an extra planetary system between the orbits of Eve and Kerbin. This planet pack features 1 planet and 2 moons. The one planet that this planet pack adds is named Malum. Malum means evil in Latin and from space it does so. Its red and reminds you of an awful place. It has a dense atmosphere filled with oxygen. The shores are red lined with red oceans that stretch for miles across the planet. And huge ancient craters are all over the surface. Sounds like a horrible place! Malum's moon named Betro Metro will hang in the red sky. Betro Metro is a dark and black moon. It looks like Ike! However, you might find some blue and red lands. These were from the time Malum looked like Kerbin and parts of it flew to Betro Metro due to its gravity and close proximity earlier in Malum's life.  However those days are long gone. If we go further away from Malum we will come across this small and tiny asteroid orbiting the red planet. Parvas is a small asteroid and is a piece of debris from when Malum had collided into another planet. It not very large and is long 200 meters in diameter. A very small world. 

Checklist (=Complete  =Incomplete):

Malum: Texture, Height Map, Oceans, Land, Atmophere, Normal Map, EVE Clouds, Thunder Noise, Wind Noise

Betro Metro:   Texture,Surface, Normal Map

Parvus: Metro:   Texture, Surface, Normal Map

Change Log:

0.1 (Not Publicly Released): Started code and made test planet

0.2 (Not Publicly Released): Fine tuning color and etc on test planet

0.3 (Not Publicly Released): Added Planet Textures to Game Files

0.4 (Not Publicly Released): Added Revamped Planet Textures to Game Files and reorganized Mod File

Compatibility:

Kerbal Space Program version 1.12.1 

Download:

Available on SpaceDock: COMMING SOON

Available on GitHub: COMMING SOON

Available on CKAN: COMMING SOON

Wiki and more information:

Project Members and Contributors: @Dr. Kerbal

If you would like to join in on development of this mod, please message me on using the forums private messaging service. Thank you. If you dont know which button to click, please click the top right hand button that looks like a letter (hnu8pbw116f71.png?width=57&format=png&au). 

Notes and Legal Clarifications:

ALL RIGHTS RESERVED

PROMOTIONAL IMAGE IS NOT GAMEPLAY FROM KERBAL SPACE PROGRAM OR THE MOD

NOTE,  RELESE DATE IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE

Follow this thread for updates!

Edited by Dr. Kerbal
CANCELLED The Malum Planet Pack has been cancelled due to technical reasons. 

Update 0.2 (Not Publicly Released)

Completed the code for the planet Malum now. Currently now fine tuning color, atmosphere, and oceans. Test. 

Edited by Dr. Kerbal

2 hours ago, Dr. Kerbal said:

Malum Planet Pack Development Thread

Planned Release Date: August 26, 2021*

Current Version: 0.2 (Not Public Release)

The Malum Planet Pack comes with one planet very close to the Sun (or Kerbol). A fiery world with lava lakes. A red atmosphere and a hot temperature. What a evil world. No image of the mod is available just yet as the mod is in heavy development as of right now. This is also my first planet pack so I am excited! :)

Update Log

0.1 (Not Publicly Released): Started code and made planet

0.2 (Not Publicly Released): Fine tuning color and etc

Download: Coming Soon

Reddit: Coming Soon

Wiki: Coming Soon

Project Members and Contributors: @Dr. Kerbal

Pics or it didn't happend

when you want to create a planet pack you should have 1 pic of the planet pack

I have a few questions and comments about the mod.

1.  You mention that Malum is going to have high temperatures. You can make the atmosphere really hot and deadly, but adding heat to the lava oceans might be tricky. I've heard that the "Hazardous Body" component of Kopernicus is broken.

2.  What version(s) of KSP is this mod compatible with? 

3.  If you need any help with development, feel free to contact me! I've been working on a planet pack (Precursors) for a long time now, and I can provide you resources and advice on texturing and config stuff.

I'm looking forward to seeing your progress! Good luck and have fun. :happy:

On 7/15/2021 at 7:46 PM, ffx said:

Pics or it didn't happend

when you want to create a planet pack you should have 1 pic of the planet pack

Considering the fact the mod hasn't been released yet, I don't think that pictures are necessary, but some sort of promo picture would be nice.

l6v3fsfzshc71.png?width=1920&format=png&

I hope in game Malum can look like this. 

On 7/17/2021 at 5:52 PM, DunaManiac said:

Considering the fact the mod hasn't been released yet, I don't think that pictures are necessary, but some sort of promo picture would be nice.

I made one. Enjoy!

Are those polar caps I see? Seems a little warm for snow.... :wink:

Jokes aside, is Malum tidally locked? If so, it would be cool if the far side of the planet was a cold rocky wasteland, and the side facing the Sun was covered in lava (as it currently is). There could be a somewhat "calm" strip of land between these two zones.

52 minutes ago, wpetula said:

Are those polar caps I see? Seems a little warm for snow.... :wink:

Jokes aside, is Malum tidally locked? If so, it would be cool if the far side of the planet was a cold rocky wasteland, and the side facing the Sun was covered in lava (as it currently is). There could be a somewhat "calm" strip of land between these two zones.

I haven't thought of this. Malum is now supposed to have 2 moons. A big one you see in the promo (not from KSP) and a small one shich is too small to see. But a tidally locked MAlum would have to be close to the SUn (or Kerbol). I will think of this.

• 2 weeks later...

You could stack a bunch of EVE cloud layers over a huge volcano on Malum to make a pyrocumulonimbus cloud. Combine that with booming thunder and rushing wind, and you have an epic scene!

Edited by wpetula

2 minutes ago, wpetula said:

You could stack a bunch of EVE cloud layers over a huge volcano on Malum to make a pyrocumulonimbus cloud. Combine that with booming thunder and rushing wind, and you have an epic scene!

Lets see if I can do this..... Firts I got to fix KSP. I got to reset the game to core. But on it! If I can. 

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.