Game crash when try to open file craft menu

You’re in the modded installs section, so I assume you have mods installed. Which mods and versions, and which game version?

It’s usually a bad idea to put mods into the Steam copy of KSP, especially if it then gets updated- Steam frequently corrupts stuff that way. Disable Steam cloud syncing for KSP, copy your save files to your desktop then completely uninstall and reinstall KSP (without mods) through Steam. Once that’s done, copy KSP completely out of the Steam folders (right click KSP in the Steam library and then “browse local files”, copy the whole of Kerbal Space Program) and paste that somewhere else e.g. desktop, then add your save files and mods to this new copy. The new copy is then safe from Steam’s meddling, and Steam can keep picking up updates for the base game as and when they happen.

You can make as many copies of KSP as you like and if you do, you should use CKAN to keep track of everything- it can manage mod updates, create new copies of KSP with different mods in each and also produces nice mod lists to share here in the forums whenever something goes wrong.

51 minutes ago, jimmymcgoochie said:

You’re in the modded installs section, so I assume you have mods installed. Which mods and versions, and which game version?

It’s usually a bad idea to put mods into the Steam copy of KSP, especially if it then gets updated- Steam frequently corrupts stuff that way. Disable Steam cloud syncing for KSP, copy your save files to your desktop then completely uninstall and reinstall KSP (without mods) through Steam. Once that’s done, copy KSP completely out of the Steam folders (right click KSP in the Steam library and then “browse local files”, copy the whole of Kerbal Space Program) and paste that somewhere else e.g. desktop, then add your save files and mods to this new copy. The new copy is then safe from Steam’s meddling, and Steam can keep picking up updates for the base game as and when they happen.

You can make as many copies of KSP as you like and if you do, you should use CKAN to keep track of everything- it can manage mod updates, create new copies of KSP with different mods in each and also produces nice mod lists to share here in the forums whenever something goes wrong.

i play 1.9.1 and  steam cloud is disabled,i have 173 mods all installed manually  idon't know the version of all mod but  i know are compatible with mine version,  this is started when i install ROengine, ROtanks and ROlibrary. 

I don't think these 3 mods are causing me to crash the game. 

now i try to install it following your instructions

Edited by crazykillaro

1 hour ago, jimmymcgoochie said:

i installed again ksp but i go in gamedata and i see all my mod,now i delete completly the folder and i install again

2 hours ago, jimmymcgoochie said:

thanks,now my game don't crash

• 2 weeks later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.