How to terraform Eve

So I was just casually watching YouTube, specifically this video, \/ and I thought, couldn’t you terraform Eve?

Spoiler

Given that Eve’s Explodium oceans are probably hydrogen peroxide, which has a freezing point of 31.23 F, -0.42777778 C, or 272.72222222 K, you would need giant space mirrors which are typical for these sort of things, and after the Explodium oceans are frozen and the atmospheric pressures are lowered, you would need a giant effort to get all of the Expodice* off the planet. I’m not sure what you would do from there, but I think it would be more about mirrors and stuff like that. It also doesn’t have a super long rotation period either, about 3 Earth days, or 12 Kerbin days.

Eve has a rotation period about 223.666666667 times longer than Kerbin.

(This sounds wrong but that’s what I got)

Where I got my information:https://wiki.kerbalspaceprogram.com/wiki/Eve

11 hours ago, Admiral Fluffy said:

So I was just casually watching YouTube, specifically this video, \/ and I thought, couldn’t you terraform Eve?

Reveal hidden contents

Given that Eve’s Explodium oceans are probably hydrogen peroxide, which has a freezing point of 31.23 F, -0.42777778 C, or 272.72222222 K, you would need giant space mirrors which are typical for these sort of things, and after the Explodium oceans are frozen and the atmospheric pressures are lowered, you would need a giant effort to get all of the Expodice* off the planet. I’m not sure what you would do from there, but I think it would be more about mirrors and stuff like that. It also doesn’t have a super long rotation period either, about 3 Earth days, or 12 Kerbin days.

Eve has a rotation period about 223.666666667 times longer than Kerbin.

(This sounds wrong but that’s what I got)

Where I got my information:https://wiki.kerbalspaceprogram.com/wiki/Eve

You install an old terraform mod and hope it still works.

On 7/16/2021 at 6:33 AM, Admiral Fluffy said:

Given that Eve’s Explodium oceans are probably hydrogen peroxide

But here an unexpected complication showed up. The peroxide was to be stored aboard airplane carriers in aluminum tanks. And then suddenly it was discovered that trace quantities of chlorides in peroxide made the latter peculiarly corrosive to aluminum. How to keep traces of chloride out of anything when you're sitting on an ocean of salt water was a problem whose solution was not entirely obvious. And there was always the problem of gross pollution. Say that somebody dropped (accidentally or otherwise) a greasy wrench into 10,000 gallons of 90 percent peroxide in the hold of the ship. What would happen —and would the ship survive? This question so worried people that one functionary in the Rocket Branch (safely in Washington) who had apparently been reading Captain Horatio Horn-blower, wanted us at NARTS to build ourselves a 10,000-gallon tank, fill it up with 90 percent peroxide, and then drop into it —so help me God —one rat. (He didn't specify the sex of the rat.) It was with considerable difficulty that our chief managed to get him to scale his order down to one test tube of peroxide and one quarter inch of rat tail. Carrier admirals are —with good reason — deadly afraid of fire. That was one of the things they had against acid and a hypergolic fuel. A broken missile on deck —or any sort of shipboard accident that brought fuel and acid together —would inevitably start a fire. On the other hand, they reasoned that jet fuel wouldn't even mix with peroxide, but would just float on top of it, doing nothing. And if, some-how, it caught fire, it might be possible to put it out —with foam perhaps—without too much trouble. So, at NARTS we tried it. A few drums of peroxide (about 55 gallons per drum) were poured out into a big pan, a drum or two of JP-4 was floated on top, and the whole thing touched off. The results were unspectacular. The JP burned quietly, with occasional patches of flare or fizz burning. And the fire chief moved in with his men and his foam and put the whole thing out without any fuss. End of exercise. 

The Lord had his hands on our heads that day —the firemen, a couple of dozen bystanders, and me. For when we —and other people —tried it again (fortunately on a smaller scale) the results were different. The jet fuel burns quietly at first, then the flare burning starts coming, and its frequency increases. (That's the time to start running.) Then, as the layer of JP gets thinner, the peroxide underneath gets warmer, and starts to boil and decompose, and the overlying fuel is permeated with oxygen and peroxide vapor. And then the whole shebang detonates, with absolutely shattering violence. When the big brass saw a demonstration or two, the reaction was "Not on my carrier!" and that was that. The Super-P project was dropped for a variety of reasons, but the pan-burning tests were not entirely without influence on the final decision. 

15 minutes ago, munlander1 said:

Is there a good way to find out how much water and oxygen it would liberate?

H2O2 → H2O + O

34 → 18 + 16

So, the ocean will get twice shallower, while the oxygen under pressure will burn everything on top.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.