Update Kopernicus Guide?

JustDark

I've been trying to learn Kopernicus but every guide I've found has been for old versions, resulting in my mod only crashing KSP.
I'm wondering if anyone has an up to date guide or if anyone has any advice.

2 hours ago, JustDark said:

if anyone has any advice.

It sounds like you're jumping to conclusions prematurely; the immediate problem you're having is this:

my mod only crashing KSP.

... which could be caused by any number of things (most likely a problem with your mod), yet you attribute it to guides being out of date.

I've been trying to learn Kopernicus but every guide I've found has been for old versions, resulting in

I'm wondering if anyone has an up to date guide or

That's not a very plausible explanation, because the syntax for planet mods has not changed much over time (especially for things that you'd be likely to try early on in learning it). Simply put, the guides probably aren't out of date.

So, my advice would be to treat this as any normal modding crash: capture and share logs so the cause can be identified:

Maybe there is a problem with a guide, or maybe you just have a misplaced "{" character somewhere.

4 hours ago, JustDark said:

I've been trying to learn Kopernicus but every guide I've found has been for old versions, resulting in my mod only crashing KSP.
I'm wondering if anyone has an up to date guide or if anyone has any advice.

There is an up-to-date source about Kopernicus, but it's not a guide, more like documentation. Sadly it's not very well known, even I only found it from someone's signature. It doesn't have everything, but it's good for making a simple planet. It even has a lot of information about PQS mods which seems to confuse a lot of new modders. Besides, syntax hasn't changed all that much over the years, most of the old guides should still work.

Link here: https://kopernicus.github.io/wiki/

Making textures is a whole other matter. It takes a long time to learn how to make good ones (It took me months), but for now, there is a repository for texture guides right here on the forums:

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.