What is your favorite plane/helicopter?

Ben J. Kerman

Similar to the "What is your favorite rocket"  thread, just about your favorite aircraft.

Mine are the Boeing 777 and 747, the Antonov AN-72 and AN-225, F-14 Tomcat, and, of course, the Sikorsky Skycrane ( I believe it is the S-64).

I couldn't narrow it down to just one, you don't have to either (Just try and keep it under 10 aircraft)

7ucwd-29EN6KA94A1-Full-Image_GalleryBack         747-438_VH-OJU_SYDNEY_13SEPTEMBER2016_SERussian_Air_Force_-_Antonov_An-72.jpgAntonov-Design-Bureau-Antonov-An-225-Mri5ef2f2a8e4c79.image.jpg?crop=1281,1281,0RAF-F-14.png

Edited by Ben J. Kerman
Added pictures of planes

Not Canadian built but Canadian operated, I think the CC-130H Hercules is an amazing aircraft. 
5-B5170-D9-95-E1-46-BD-9-CC9-AA4-CF1953-
I also think the F-5E tiger II is a cool looking fighter:

87-FE8346-DFA8-4476-8-CDE-E72-C2874-E3-C
Also as an Canadian, who could forget the CF-18 and the CF-104?

8985-FBEC-6-C57-45-DE-82-C1-5-E5-C6-B1-C

9-AE1-DF15-4-FF7-47-AF-AE0-E-A8270-BA6-A
For my favourite helicopter it has to be the MI-24D:

706332-BA-667-F-4002-8-EAA-74-AEB5-E2-D5
Oh darn I forgot civilian aircraft! For that it’s the 737-800. During quarantine I played on my flight simulator for an unhealthy amount of time. I pretty much learned this plane inside and out lol.

8-E7-F5-AF5-9-BDD-4-D5-E-A69-F-91-EEB014

1 hour ago, Caerfinon said:

Avro Canada CF-105 Arrow and the de Havilland Canada DHC-2 Beaver   (Both are requirements under Canadian Law)

But who could forget the DHC-6?

4-A766-AFC-E38-B-4-FC0-9034-AE70-EF0004-

Edited by Stormpilot

I really like the C-130 too! I also think the Bombardier/Canadair CL-415 firefighting plane is awesome. 

I-DPCN_at_work_03_(cropped).jpg

And, as I said at the beggining of this thread, the Sikorsky Skycrane is my favorite helicopter, simply because it is both an aircraft AND a crane! How cool is that? 

The AH-64 Apache is also one of my favorite. It's bada**, just by looking at it you know it's cool. Sure, maybe it's not one of the prettiest helicopters, but it is cool.

800px-RNLAF_AH-64_Apache_at_the_Oirschot

Edited by Ben J. Kerman
Wow, it's really hard to narrow down your favorite aircraft! There are so many good ones!!

1 hour ago, Spaceman.Spiff said:

Coolest plane that has ever existed

image0.jpg

Calvin sure did have troubles assembling one in a smaller scale :)

I also think the 757-200 is a cool plane. If you ever have the chance to see one take off with no load and minimum file there are like rocket ships taking off and climbing. Too bad Boeing did not develop the 757-100. That thing would climb so fast lol.

Here is one at CYXX in August last year (picture I took):

7-F1-F51-A8-A197-4-BA8-A861-A6-DF1-C595-

23 hours ago, Caerfinon said:

Avro Canada CF-105 Arrow and the de Havilland Canada DHC-2 Beaver   (Both are requirements under Canadian Law)

Agreed.

CF-105

Robert Bonchune - Avro CF-105 Arrow

DHC-5 Caribou

de Havilland Canada DHC-5 Buffalo - Wikipedia

SU-27

Origins- Evolution of the Su-27 into an F-15 killer (Part-2) –  Defencyclopedia

B-1B

Over 90% of America's B-1B Heavy Bomber Fleet is Unfit for Combat

And being the Buran guy I have to do this, Technically the Buran is a plane, right?

2.01 (Buran-class spacecraft) - Wikipedia

I agree, the B-1B looks really cool too.

Also, the obvious one: The Concorde! 

Concorde%20Blog.jpg

You can't narrow down your favorite aircraft to just one! Not even below 6! They're all awesome. It would be easier to make a list of your least favorite aircraft!

There are a lot of Canadians on this thread, eh?

Edited by Ben J. Kerman

31 minutes ago, Ben J. Kerman said:

I agree, the B-1B looks really cool too.

Also, the obvious one: The Concorde! 

Concorde%20Blog.jpg

You can't narrow down your favorite aircraft to just one! Not even below 6! They're all awesome. It would be easier to make a list of your least favorite aircraft!

There are a lot of Canadians on this thread, eh?

Aboot that bud, it seems there is a loot of Canadians on Kerbal, Eh?

1 hour ago, Ben J. Kerman said:

Not really. Most planes are cool. Though I have to say the cockpit of the A350 is really annoying to look at.

8-A7-CC7-AB-E144-4770-9-E41-D9-A3-B4-DA2

33 minutes ago, Stormpilot said:

(P.S we don’t live in igloos or talk like this).

I never thought that Canadians lived in Igloos. Until now... :P

I don't know a lot about Canada, but I know that it is cold there, that the trucks in Canada are the same type as in the US (Not cabover trucks. Cabovers are the kind of truck you see in Europe. You know, with the flat front? They are called that because the cab is over the engine), that the railroad crossing bells in Canada are the same as in the US, and that Liebherr sells their telehandlers to Canada, but they are not available in the US. Not like I could ever afford it anyway. 

liebherr-telescopic-handler-tl432-7-72dp

26 minutes ago, Stormpilot said:

Most planes are cool. Though I have to say the cockpit of the A350 is really annoying to look at.

Yes, most planes are very cool. That cockpit is a little off, though. There's just something about it. Probably the lack of almost any analog instruments. 

11 hours ago, Stormpilot said:

Oh yeah there bud. I’m a Canadian on this forum eh?

(P.S we don’t live in igloos or talk like this).

I mean, some of my family lives out east and sounds just like that (I personally live in Ontario)

Oh, Helicopters Too? i guess ill do some helis and favorite civil planes.

DC-8, I'm fairly new to it but by the looks of it it seems to be a pretty awesome plane.

List of accidents and incidents involving the Douglas DC-8 - Wikipedia

Super Cub! id love to own one some day

Several redditors have said I should post here. I never knew there was a SuperCub  plane until I chose this username. So here's one of me.: flying

And heli? tough choice but it has to be  CH-148Cyclone of the Canadian Navy!

Military to send Cyclone helicopters, downsized force to world's largest  maritime exercise amid COVID-19 | CTV News

3 minutes ago, Dientus said:

Lets see.... Favorite that I myself would love to fly everyday? The Yak!

Yakkes_Yak-52_RA-3085K.jpg

Favorite as in would love to try and sheer awesomeness? The Aurora!

e98948f4eb25cadfea28b1a46d032d67.jpg

I will admit the aurora is cool, but there's also no records saying it exists.

Favorite that I would want to fly? It's a little big, but I like the Beechcraft King Air 350. I also think I would like the Rutan Long-EZ, but it is a kit plane (AKA  a homebuilt aircraft) so I would need to spend a lot of time building it. It would be sort of a fun project though. 

DSC_8240-Edit.jpg

JUL_5933_High.jpg

And before any of this I would need to get my pilot's license.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.