What is your favorite plane/helicopter?

Ben J. Kerman

Darn I also have some WW2 favs.

I think the DH mosquito (aka the wooden wonder) is a cool plane.

262-F9374-54-DF-48-D4-B03-C-FC475-D795-B
The Avro Lancaster is also cool

1732-DB4-D-4045-44-B1-A4-C1-3-BB5-B89-D4
Sure the spitfire is better than the hurricane but remember the hurricane came before the spitfire. I think the hurricane is cool.

9-F0-A28-F0-41-FB-434-E-832-E-68-CDAC77-
The B-25 Mitchell is also cool.

E80074-CE-FAD8-496-B-8-E89-9760-DB9-EEF1

What about the JU87? It’s also cool.

1-AA20493-A91-B-4536-82-EC-E3-CE386-E4-D

7 hours ago, Lancasterace said:

I will admit the aurora is cool, but there's also no records saying it exists.

Not going to"conspiracy theory" or "area 51" it to death. Will just say I have this feeling and add that the SR Blackbird didn't exist for many years either ;p

Well, guess ill start a new thing

Favorite Fictional Aircraft?

Ill start, The Ranger is just awesome without a doubt (it can fly in the atmosphere as its an SSTO, so it passes as a plane).

Interstellar's Ranger | 3D CAD Model Library | GrabCAD

And the classic Quinjet!

Quinjet | Marvel Cinematic Universe Wiki | Fandom

Edited by Lancasterace

Some people are saying planes they would want to fly. So here:

The Harvard is such a cool trainer. That engine gives off such a good sound!

5-A7-C760-B-A98-D-4-FF8-9-DE2-558-BB1000
I would also enjoy playing the 737-200. I know the 737-800 pretty well so the 200 is the same just more analog.

7-A194670-77-DD-44-D4-BC9-C-27900-BAAA4-

On 7/19/2021 at 4:45 AM, BuranAce said:

I mean, some of my family lives out east and sounds just like that (I personally live in Ontario)

We don’t have much of a Canadian accent here near Vancouver on the west coast.

Spoiler

EH?

I have too many favorite planes :(

I'll go with this concept: "Favorite plane that nobody else is likely to ever mention".

p2355449430-4.jpg

The 'Hoover' terrorized subs and rendered thousands of square miles uninhabitable to hostile surface vessels. It also did ELINT, jamming, and tanker duty.

For its day, it was the most technologically advanced and multi-mission capable aircraft ever launched off a cat.

Best,

-Slashy

On 7/17/2021 at 3:54 PM, Caerfinon said:

Avro Canada CF-105 Arrow and the de Havilland Canada DHC-2 Beaver   (Both are requirements under Canadian Law)

Ah, the good ol' Beaver, I have a few snippets of memory of the many trips I took in that rugged bush plane, flying to and from Sandspit and Tasu between the ages of 3 and 7. And while I never rode in it, the Goose (first flown in 1937!) was a regular visitor to Tasu for the Prince Rupert run.

1280px-JRF-5_NAS_Jax_1942.jpg

On 7/19/2021 at 7:27 AM, BuranAce said:

I will admit the aurora is cool, but there's also no records saying it exists.

The CP-140 Aurora anti-submarine patrol aircraft. Had a good tour of one at CFB Comox back when I was in Air Cadets. Along with the CH-47 Chinook (which also stopped at Tasu for a medevac).

Lockheed_CP-140_Aurora,_Canada_-_Air_For

CH-47_Chinook_helicopter_flyby.jpg

On 7/19/2021 at 8:56 AM, Chemp said:

Look at these intakes!

1434578120689.jpg

Isn't that the Comet, which revealed the secrets perils of metal fatigue?

3 hours ago, Stormpilot said:

Though you might want to check out Vancouver aka raincouver

On the Wet coast, you don't tan, you rust!

6 hours ago, Stormpilot said:

I would also enjoy playing the 737-200. I know the 737-800 pretty well so the 200 is the same just more analog.

Ah yes, looks like the bird I rode on the Sandspit to RainVancouver leg. With turbojets, no stinkin' fans!

Edited by StrandedonEarth
stoopid double post

25 minutes ago, StrandedonEarth said:

Back when I was in Air Cadets.

Which squadron where you in?

I am at 147 RCACS (my friends in 1725 (our local army cadets Corp) are always bragging how army is better. They say how they get to use C4 (there a engineer corps) so I simply reply: we get to fly!)

Edited by Stormpilot
Bad speeling

58 minutes ago, Stormpilot said:

I am at 147 RCACS (my friends in 1725 (our local army cadets Corp) are always bragging how army is better. They say how they get to use C4 (there a engineer corps) so I simply reply: we get to fly!)

I was at 386 Comox for a year, then helped upgrade a hangar at Campbell River airport for 363 Squadron, of which I was a founding member. This was way back in 85-87, before I moved to Vancouver. 

10 hours ago, Stormpilot said:

9 hours ago, StrandedonEarth said:

I was at 386 Comox for a year, then helped upgrade a hangar at Campbell River airport for 363 Squadron, of which I was a founding member. This was way back in 85-87, before I moved to Vancouver. 

I am in 151 Chadburn Squadron, I'm currently an LAC.

10 hours ago, StrandedonEarth said:

Ah, the good ol' Beaver, I have a few snippets of memory of the many trips I took in that rugged bush plane, flying to and from Sandspit and Tasu between the ages of 3 and 7. And while I never rode in it, the Goose (first flown in 1937!) was a regular visitor to Tasu for the Prince Rupert run.

1280px-JRF-5_NAS_Jax_1942.jpg

The CP-140 Aurora anti-submarine patrol aircraft. Had a good tour of one at CFB Comox back when I was in Air Cadets. Along with the CH-47 Chinook (which also stopped at Tasu for a medevac).

Lockheed_CP-140_Aurora,_Canada_-_Air_For

CH-47_Chinook_helicopter_flyby.jpg

Isn't that the Comet, which revealed the secrets perils of metal fatigue?

On the Wet coast, you don't tan, you rust!

Ah yes, looks like the bird I rode on the Sandspit to RainVancouver leg. With turbojets, no stinkin' fans!

Wrong Aurora bud.

Revealed: The Secret SR-91 Aurora Mach 5 Hypersonic Spy Plane | The  National Interest

This  Aurora.

Speaking of Cadets, I'm doing the Aerospace course right now. Very fun, we get to use Kerbal a lot :D

Edited by BuranAce

1 hour ago, BuranAce said:

I am in 151 Chadburn Squadron, I'm currently an LAC

Speaking of Cadets, I'm doing the Aerospace course right now. Very fun, we get to use Kerbal a lot 

I was going to take the Aerospace course until I realized my LHQ was holding non-overnight marksmanship, which I choose.

I am currently a F/Cpl

19 hours ago, Stormpilot said:

Some people are saying planes they would want to fly. So here:

The Harvard is such a cool trainer. That engine gives off such a good sound!

5-A7-C760-B-A98-D-4-FF8-9-DE2-558-BB1000

My dad flew on a Harvard once!

10 minutes ago, Stormpilot said:

I think the A-7D Corsair II is a cool plane.

5243-B089-23-AE-46-D0-9-CF3-B575-B6001-A

Eh, In my opinion the F-8 Looks better.

F-8E VMF-212 CVA-34 1965 (cropped).jpg

XB-70 Is just awesome!

The XB-70 Valkyrie Bomber Was a Speed Demon. Why Was It Never Built? | The  National Interest

And the Canadian success story, the CF-100

Facebook

12 hours ago, Stormpilot said:

Army cadets act like they are superiors with there C7s and Tanks, just keep in mind we get to fly these awesome things.

IMG_5904-2160x1400.jpg

395 Edmonton Royal Canadian Air Cadet Squadron

=

My friends are always asking if we get to fly F-18s. I have to break out the unfortunate news that we mostly fly single engine pistons and gliders…

Spoiler

But still it’s flying :)

@BuranAce what about this beautiful bird? The good ‘ol Cessna 182!

591912-C6-9-D74-46-AD-A787-780-D19714580

Edited by Stormpilot

Living near Vancouver you gonna see a lot of Q400 (the Q stands for quite but that’s not true if you have ever been on one :)).

Photo by me in September 2020 at CYVR:

9-AC7-DD61-9-D3-D-4-B31-B6-FE-89719490-F
The dash 7 is also really cool. My brother was lucky enough to go on one in 2019 from CYXX-CYVR during the air show in Abbotsford. Lots of engines equals a very short take off roll (about 9 seconds when light on fuel for the super short hop between CYXX-CYVR).

0-D7-F7382-920-B-4-BC7-9190-23695-E00-BB

Edited by Stormpilot

36 minutes ago, Stormpilot said:

My friends are always asking if we get to fly F-18s. I have to break out the unfortunate news that we mostly fly single engine pistons and gliders…

Reveal hidden contents

But still it’s flying :)

@BuranAce what about this beautiful bird? The good ‘ol Cessna 182!

591912-C6-9-D74-46-AD-A787-780-D19714580

Lmao, when i was 8 i thought the same thing, I almost removed myself from existence (not really but it felt like it) after my dad told me they flew Cessnas and not 25 million dollar fighter jets.

2 hours ago, BuranAce said:

Lmao, when i was 8 i thought the same thing, I almost removed myself from existence (not really but it felt like it) after my dad told me they flew Cessnas and not 25 million dollar fighter jets.

Meh. All the army cadets have are parachutes :) 

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.