[1.12] (Kopernicus) Janet's Minor Planets [1.3.4]

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

It looks like Euribanne and Palloocus have the exact same semiMajorAxis (68773560320).  This causes problems with the Sentinel telescope (starting or stopping it fails with an exception in the log file (similar to the issue here). I would think moving one of them would fix the problem, but I had to move both. 

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...

I would love to see analogs for these Asteroid belt objects: (Juno, Iris, Hebe, Hygiea, and Astraea) and the Centaurs: (Chiron, Pholus, and Nessus). The inner system needs some love too don't you agree? Since the MPE has the outer system mostly filled out already, Orcus, Ixion, Quaoar, Varuna, Salacia, Chaos, Varda, and Gonggong, are the only ones* missing so far. In total that is 17 (6 inner, 3 mid-range, and 8 outer) main dwarf bodies and however many small moons for some of them.
(*Actually big enough to be considered the top dwarfs planets, some have moons, and have 1 name to go by to make it easier on the reader with the number Salad.)
MPE, JMP, and OPM with the Custom Asteroids mod would be something to behold. Can't wait for KSP2 to be available so we can update the mods and send them there as well!

Edited by PrymusElMadol

As much as I would want to go gung-ho with minor planets, I would at least try to go quality-over-quantity right now, so for now there's only gonna be ten bodies with this next update (though that may change if I get more motivation).

Euribanne and Palloocus were planets from Exo's old notes, which I'm going to try and revamp slightly, considering that I've been getting somewhat better at art and planet texturing, even if it's still not great.

• 2 months later...

@Interplanet Janet  i have some ideas for your mod:

-add more minor planets with irl analogs, like Kleopatra or Typhon, and more

-add more kuiper belt asteroids, such as trans-neidonian asteroids, or maybe dwarf planets like Quaoar (for irl analogs)

-i think an rss configuration for this mod shouldnt be bad idea

-add more comets

alright thats all :)

Edited by zTallsRobot

26 minutes ago, zTallsRobot said:

@Interplanet Janet  i have some ideas for your mod:

-add more minor planets with irl analogs, like Kleopatra or Typhon, and more

-add more kuiper belt asteroids, such as trans-neidonian asteroids, or maybe dwarf planets like Quaoar (for irl analogs)

-i think an rss configuration for this mod shouldnt be bad idea

-add more comets

alright thats all :)

also i think you should nerf Dyva's size for dart missions

9 hours ago, zTallsRobot said:

also i think you should nerf Dyva's size for dart missions

It actually doesn't matter how small a celestial body is, they're impossible to move in ksp no matter what, since they're put on rails and governed entirely by their predefined orbital elements

16 hours ago, WarriorSabe said:

It actually doesn't matter how small a celestial body is, they're impossible to move in ksp no matter what, since they're put on rails and governed entirely by their predefined orbital elements

ah yeah i didnt know that when i posted that, but also thanks

Just some random notes--after some discussion with a friend, I have decided that perhaps it may also be interesting to try and expand Janet's Planets beyond the original planned ten bodies.

So now, a minor announcement:

Janet's Minor Planets 1.4 will feature 5 brand-new bodies.

1 hour ago, Interplanet Janet said:

Just some random notes--after some discussion with a friend, I have decided that perhaps it may also be interesting to try and expand Janet's Planets beyond the original planned ten bodies.

So now, a minor announcement:

Janet's Minor Planets 1.4 will feature 5 brand-new bodies.

NICE!! so  you can maybe put some celestial bodies of my ideas if possible. (kleopatra, Typhon, bennu, and more) of course, i know you have some ideas in mind so idk if could be possible

On 10/11/2022 at 7:58 PM, zTallsRobot said:

NICE!! so  you can maybe put some celestial bodies of my ideas if possible. (kleopatra, Typhon, bennu, and more) of course, i know you have some ideas in mind so idk if could be possible

Bennu's already taken care of with Doppler, and like I said, I don't want to overdo it with these planets.

I mean... if you wanna make your own planets, you can definitely try it out some yourself. It's pretty good to, actually, and this was basically just a test pack.

Asteroids are pretty darn easy.