Missing decouplers station lander rocket

Ok, so I built this nice station and landed it on Bop.
The problem is that I forgot to add a decoupler to the lander/transport rocket.

Is it possible to modify the configuration to delete it?
I don't want to run the whole mission again.

hlEOGmu.jpg

no, it is not possible to modify it. eva construction could have helped with smaller engines, but those are too big.

if you don't want to rerun the mission, you can use the alt-f12 menu to get a new, identical station in place, with the problem fixed. Some would consider it cheating, but then again, you already brought the station there by regular means. anyway, it's your call

Which part is the rocket section attached to, and by?

Option 1, a bit of careful object thrower-ing might break that bit off without destroying everything else, but it’ll be hard to be so precise.

Option 2, fly up then drop back down hard enough to break the engines off it, then detach the rest using EVA construction if possible.

Option 3, just cheat a new base, minus rockets bits, out to the same place and delete the old one.

39 minutes ago, jimmymcgoochie said:

Which part is the rocket section attached to, and by?

Option 1, a bit of careful object thrower-ing might break that bit off without destroying everything else, but it’ll be hard to be so precise.

Option 2, fly up then drop back down hard enough to break the engines off it, then detach the rest using EVA construction if possible.

Option 3, just cheat a new base, minus rockets bits, out to the same place and delete the old one.

The part is attached to a service module, living quarters, etc.
It seems that I forgot to add the decouplers when I was adding the part.

I will try with option 1, because the part that I marked on the screenshot was the only one I forgot to add the decoupler. I was "decoupling" all the parts when I notice that I miss one :S. May be I can destroy only that.

And if that doesn't work, I'm going to cheat it :(

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.