Docking port compability between 2 mods

If you're editing the config files, I suspect you're halfway there but looking in the wrong place. If you're trying to dock two vessels that are already in space, you won't just have to edit the configs. When the parts are added to vessels, a bunch of the config info is copied on to the specific instance of that part, so you'd have to edit the save file to file the docking ports to give the same nodetype to the ports on the two vessels.

On 7/21/2021 at 7:45 AM, hypodronic said:

If you're editing the config files, I suspect you're halfway there but looking in the wrong place. If you're trying to dock two vessels that are already in space, you won't just have to edit the configs. When the parts are added to vessels, a bunch of the config info is copied on to the specific instance of that part, so you'd have to edit the save file to file the docking ports to give the same nodetype to the ports on the two vessels.

I have a station in orbit, so would I have to edit the save file? The main vehicle is launched every time I try.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.