What do you think will be shown off on Friday?

Imho the best "Show and Tell" iterations were "Clouds" and "New engine exhaust effects". They showed that KSP2 will be a real step-up compared to the original without spoiling anything about gameplay or exploration. So personally I'd like to see Jool's new cloud system or reentry VFXs but it's more likely they'll show us some parts modelling like solar panels or whatnot...

Edited by Kaerbanogue

4 hours ago, Missingno200 said:

You know what? I really want them to show off IVAs now. At least one of them. Any one. I want to see if you can do an instruments only flight with KSP2. Someone on 4chan hyped me up for this. I wanna know if we'll get JSI styled IVAs.

1627034877842.png

Omg imagine flying your plane from the cockpit view and being able to press all the buttons you need from the inside, kind of like a simulator game, I wish that would at least be a feature you can turn on.

2 minutes ago, Hyperspace Industries said:

I would hope for something on the vab/colony vab system, or something on the map view, relativistic effects, or surface exploration. Actually anything new would be good. :) 

Nate building in the VAB was one of the most magical things I've seen. I can't wait to get my hands on this game.

15 hours ago, Missingno200 said:

It feels as if though my points were totally overlooked. In any case, when I first left the house earlier, I was planning scathing comments, and explaining how just because you study UI/UX does not mean your points are instantly valid, but I have since calmed down. I'm going to agree to disagree, and move on, because frankly, this is a stupid argument to take, and our definitions of skeuomorphism appear to be divergent, making any meaningful conversation exceedingly difficult.

I'm sorry my comments on skeuomorphism felt like I overlooked what you posted, and made you want to write scathing comments, that was not my intention.

I did not intend for the last part of my reply (where I mentioned I study UI/UX design) to be the reason my comments are valid, nor do I believe there is a truly objectively valid argument to be made. The thing with design, which I'm sure we can both agree on, is design is very much a subjective thing. What looks good for one person might not look good for another. 

15 hours ago, Missingno200 said:

and our definitions of skeuomorphism appear to be divergent,

My understanding of skeuomorphism is rather archaic, as I mentioned I really only can remember it being popular enough to look into for older designs, that are generally "before my time". So if you are referring to other patterns, or possibly something else entirely then yea hard to discuss something when both parties are talking apples and oranges, when really the subject is about vegetables haha. (maybe something along the lines of using the IVA mode models of the game in the "flight" mode?)

6 hours ago, Missingno200 said:

You know what? I really want them to show off IVAs now. At least one of them. Any one. I want to see if you can do an instruments only flight with KSP2. Someone on 4chan hyped me up for this. I wanna know if we'll get JSI styled IVAs.

1627034877842.png

1. Is this KSP :O

2. Are IVA's confirmed/shown/mentioned at all for KSP 2?

Edited by MKI
whoa what happened to this post?? it duplicated like 4 times lol

2 hours ago, MKI said:

I'm sorry my comments on skeuomorphism felt like I overlooked what you posted, and made you want to write scathing comments, that was not my intention.

I did not intend for the last part of my reply (where I mentioned I study UI/UX design) to be the reason my comments are valid, nor do I believe there is a truly objectively valid argument to be made. The thing with design, which I'm sure we can both agree on, is design is very much a subjective thing. What looks good for one person might not look good for another. 

My understanding of skeuomorphism is rather archaic, as I mentioned I really only can remember it being popular enough to look into for older designs, that are generally "before my time". So if you are referring to other patterns, or possibly something else entirely then yea hard to discuss something when both parties are talking apples and oranges, when really the subject is about vegetables haha. (maybe something along the lines of using the IVA mode models of the game in the "flight" mode?)

I'm just going to post my definition of skeuomorphism and move on. Skeuomorphism can still use abstract icons, things like "pencils", although often paired with skeuomorphism for extra readability, aren't actually what skeuomorphism is about. The best way I can describe skeuomorphism is this:
What button stands out more? A button that is a solid colored rectangle with some text, or a button that is still a rectangle with text, but appears to extend outwards with its border? The solid colored rectangle can get lost rather easily, especially if it is a similar color to its surroundings(a problem with transparent backgrounds.) However, a button that appears to "pop out" by either looking recessed away or jutting out at you will generally not get lost in the clutter, even if it is the same general color as everything else. A more practical example of this(my original example was an emergency stop button) is the Windows 95 start icon VS the Windows 10 start icon. If you did not know EXACTLY what that button looked like from the start, I'm betting you that you'd struggle to find the start menu on Windows 10.
Likewise, if an instrument panel looks like it's flat and transparent, it may blend right into space(especially since their color scheme is mainly black for the border for some reason,) compared to something that has a pushed out look that kind of looks like a physical panel. This is why, despite having all of these nice electronic displays, most planes actually have a physical set of instruments and buttons, including a navball. That and also the electronic displays can fail while you're still in control of the aircraft.
I never meant anything about the symbols, the symbols can remain as abstract as you want, provided that you can accurately describe them and they represent what you expect at all times. What you described I personally do not think is skeuomorphism. I don't know what it's actually called, although I do know that it is often paired with skeuomorphism to enhance readability.

2 hours ago, MKI said:

1. Is this KSP :O

2. Are IVA's confirmed/shown/mentioned at all for KSP 2?

1:Yes, that's actually KSP. The guy on the 4chan thread has some super crazy screenshots and some video, which were apparently done in KSP1 with a bunch of mods. I don't know any of the visual mods if he used them, but I recognize RasterPropMonitor and Scansat.

2:I'm betting IVA's are confirmed, since they did confirm that the windows would have permanent transparency, instead of the whole opaque/transparent toggle that KSP1 has.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Guest The Doodling Astronaut

They have been focusing on mainly these things

-Parts and engines

-terrain/buildings

-technical things

So I wouldn't expect anything out of the blue, unless they do another planet like they did a while back, tho they could share more on things like Puf.

On 8/23/2021 at 7:34 AM, Black Dog said:

Or the sale price, system requirements and control options (HOTAS?)

We can give you one of those answers. Sale price is $60 USD.