[1.8 - 1.12] KSPCommunityFixes - Bugfixes and QoL tweaks

Gotmachine

On 12/2/2021 at 8:31 PM, dlrk said:

Does this replace KSP-Recall, or should I use both?

You can use both.
This being said, I believe the KSP-Recall patches that aren't covered by KSPCommunityFixes only apply to old KSP versions, and are only for fixing TweakScale related issues.
If you don't use TweakScale, KSP-Recall is more or less useless and will likely just bloat your game for nothing.

Edited by Gotmachine

5 hours ago, dok_377 said:

Is it possible to add a numeric input to the fuel flow priority as a quality of life improvement? It's so annoying needing to click the button twenty thousand times and break your mouse in the process just to set up one fuel tank. 

Not sure if this still works for 1.12.2, or if it would automagically support KSPCF, but it has this:
"*NEW!!! - Adds the ability to input slider values manually using a text input box, rather than having to fiddle with the sliders. "

56 minutes ago, Stone Blue said:

Not sure if this still works for 1.12.2, or if it would automagically support KSPCF, but it has this:
"*NEW!!! - Adds the ability to input slider values manually using a text input box, rather than having to fiddle with the sliders. "

Unfortunately that's not it. Probably because the fuel priority is not a slider, this mod can't edit it. Now that I'm thinking about it, that number might actually be one of the hardcoded things that's not easily accessible, otherwise somebody would've already done it. But who knows. 

Edited by dok_377

V1.6.1 is out.

Available from GitHub and CKAN.

Changes in that release :

• Updated for KSP 1.12.3
  • DockingPortDrift bugfix doesn't apply in 1.12.3 (identical fix was ported to stock)
  • Moved KSPCommunityFixes in-game settings to a dedicated category in the KSP settings menu

New QoL patches :

• DisableManeuverTool [KSP 1.12.0 - 1.12.3]
    Allow disabling the stock maneuver tool in the in-game settings menu (it can cause severe lag/stutter, especially with Kopernicus modified systems)
  • SceneLoadSpeedBoost [KSP 1.8.0 - 1.12.3]
    Reduce scene switches loading time with large/modded saves by caching the current save in memory instead of loading it from disk.
On 12/9/2021 at 9:03 AM, dok_377 said:

Is it possible to add a numeric input to the fuel flow priority as a quality of life improvement?

That's definitely doable. I might look into it when I get some time and motivation...

Edited by Gotmachine

Good morning. I downloaded the new version and the latest Harmony this morning. Installed both on KSP 1.12.3. I have a couple issues:

On my system, I do not have anything added to the Settings pages, either the one from the first main menu, nor the one from the space center. Am I just being blind? The second thing I noticed is that the log file correctly lists the modules I enabled, except for the maneuver tool module (the one I'm really interested in). And indeed the stock maneuver tool is still there.

Any idea what I've borked? My log file and my settings.cfg:

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1OFXHWxzvPLKqkJLAkX2Th8qhVS4beHxz?usp=sharing

Thanks in advance!

6 hours ago, Gotmachine said:

V1.6.1 is out.

• Updated for KSP 1.12.3
  • DockingPortDrift bugfix doesn't apply in 1.12.3 (identical fix was ported to stock)
  • Moved KSPCommunityFixes in-game settings to a dedicated category in the KSP settings menu

New QoL patches :

• DisableManeuverTool [KSP 1.12.0 - 1.12.3]
    Allow disabling the stock maneuver tool in the in-game settings menu (it can cause severe lag/stutter, especially with Kopernicus modified systems)
    Reduce scene switches loading time with large/modded saves by caching the current save in memory instead of loading it from disk.

That's definitely doable. I might look into it when I get some time and motivation...

And this is where I learnt of the KSP update!

11 hours ago, Gotmachine said:

Nice!

Actually: great stuff!

How come modders with access to Harmony can devise such useful things, and developers with complete source code cannot for years :)

• 1 month later...

I've just installed this mod (awesome, and fixes a major problem I've been having), however autostrut has disappeared from all of my parts in the VAB.  I've tried disabling the autostrut tweak via the .cfg file, but still no dice.

Has anyone encountered this?  Is there a known workaround?

Also want to say thanks to the people responsible for maintaining this bundle of fixes!

EDIT:  I'm an idiot.  It's under the "Part" drop down menu in the same right-click interface, and I just didn't see for lack of not looking hard enough.

Edited by Chilkoot

5 hours ago, Chilkoot said:

I've just installed this mod (awesome, and fixes a major problem I've been having), however autostrut has disappeared from all of my parts in the VAB.  I've tried disabling the autostrut tweak via the .cfg file, but still no dice.

Has anyone encountered this?  Is there a known workaround?

Also want to say thanks to the people responsible for maintaining this bundle of fixes!

EDIT:  I'm an idiot.  It's under the "Part" drop down menu in the same right-click interface, and I just didn't see for lack of not looking hard enough.

I'll confess:  I did this too at first, lol.

• 4 weeks later...
21 hours ago, flart said:

Commnet antenna info + CommunityFixes incompatibility

Well, not ideal but not very problematic either.
Not sure what you want me to do about it, we are both messing with the stock PAW items groups, so obviously this won't end up very consistent...*

Edit : to go a bit further, this happen because you're renaming the group instances KSPCF is assigning for each module.
If you change your code to instantiate a new PAW group (instead of affecting a new name) and affect it to the items you want to control, your "CommNet" group will only contain those items, and the other items managed by KSPCF will stay in their own "Command" group.

ie, instead of doing this :

fieldA.group.name = "groupName";
fieldA.group.displayName = "groupTitle";
fieldB.group.name = "groupName";
fieldB.group.displayName = "groupTitle";

do something like that :

BasePAWGroup pawGroup = new BasePAWGroup("groupName", "groupTitle", true);
fieldA.group = pawGroup;
fieldB.group = pawGroup;
Edited by Gotmachine

What is the groupName of the Communication group in the KSPCF?  CF_Comms

I have updated CAI for using the same group

====================================================

@Gotmachine Is "Make Primary Docking Node" responsible for something except making "Undock" button available on this docking port and not the connected one? 

26ugPfg.jpeg

Edited by flart

On 2/19/2022 at 6:53 PM, flart said:

Is "Make Primary Docking Node" responsible for something except making "Undock" button available on this docking port and not the connected one?

I think it also determine what side is the "docked to" one, which might affect what vessel you get control of after undocking. There might be other uses/side effects, by that's all I can think of. Why are you asking ?

Does that really warrant any "fixing" ? At this point, given the general PAW clutter, one more or less PAW button isn't really significant, and I prefer not to touch something that isn't causing any issue, than risk introducing issues by altering a long standing stock behavior.

My stance on KSPCommunityFixes is to be quite conservative in regard to altering stock stuff.  As you saw with Commnet Antenna Info, touching seemingly trivial stuff always has side effects once you account for the billions of KSP mods.

V1.7.0 is out.

• New performance patch : OnDemandPartBuoyancy (thanks to @siimav)
    Prevent the part buoyancy integrator from running when not needed. Improves performance for large part count vessels while in the SOI of a body that has an ocean (Kerbin, Eve, Laythe...)

• New bugfix : ROCValidationOOR (thanks to @R-T-B)
    Fix ROCManager crashing during loading with Kopernicus modified systems.

On 2/27/2022 at 2:59 PM, Gotmachine said:

New bugfix : ROCValidationOOR (thanks to @R-T-B)
Fix ROCManager crashing during loading with Kopernicus modified systems

Saying I fixed this in any capacity is generous, just FYI.  I reported it but was busy with work beyond that.  @Gotmachine did the actual fix and I just hooked him up with some beta testers.

Still, a good fix and I know at least GU users will benefit from it.

Edited by R-T-B

• 2 weeks later...

V1.8.0 is out.

• New bugfix : AutoStrutDrift, see issue #21. Thanks to @Lisias for investigation efforts.
    Improve the overall physics stability when using autostruts and prevent autostrut induced deformations following vessel modification events (decoupling, docking/undocking, fairing separation...).
  • New bugfix : PartStartStability, see issue #9.
    Fix vessel deformation and kraken events on flight scene load, also prevent some kraken issues when placing parts with EVA construction.
  • The FlightSceneLoadKraken patch is superseded by the PartStartStability patch, which is now disabled by default
  • Fixed a silly mistake with the OnDemandPartBuoyancy patch where it would prevent part buoyancy from running if the vessel is already below water at scene load. Thanks to @DRVeyl for catching that.

Another question: Is there a way to set the default autostrut mode if all parts (stock and modded parts) to certain value? E.g. I use grandfather mode at almost every part. It would save me a whole bunch of clicks, if I could set it to a certain value. Same goes for rigid attachment (in most parts turned on).

Is there an easy MM patch, that runs after loading all parts and sets their default autostrut and rigit attachement values to a desired value?

Edited by Rakete

15 minutes ago, Rakete said:

Another question: Is there a way to set the default autostrut mode if all parts (stock and modded parts) to certain value? E.g. I use grandfather mode at almost every part. It would save me a whole bunch of clicks, if I could set it to a certain value. Same goes for rigid attachment (in most parts turned on).

Is there an easy MM patch, that runs after loading all parts and sets their default autostrut and rigit attachement values to a desired value?

Editor Extensions Redux does what you're asking, I use it all the time