[1.8 - 1.12] KSPCommunityFixes - Bugfixes and QoL tweaks

Gotmachine

2 hours ago, MJRMatthew said:

Hi I found a bug that is caused by this mod and the removal of the mod fixes it. When I launch a craft and get into space I can not time warp and it says cant time warp while moving over the ground.

What other mods do you have? Do you have also BetterTimeWarp ?

Upload KSP.log somewhere, and paste link there. 

2 hours ago, MJRMatthew said:

Hi I found a bug that is caused by this mod and the removal of the mod fixes it. When I launch a craft and get into space I can not time warp and it says cant time warp while moving over the ground.

Nothing I can do with that information. Either provide a download link to your KSP.log, or use the KSPBugReport plugin.

Edited by Gotmachine

9 hours ago, MJRMatthew said:

You should provide more details how you encounter this bug, the craft file, and the logs (following the red link in my signature).  It's almost impossible to diagnose this issue without those.

Edited by Jacke

18 hours ago, MJRMatthew said:

Please post your KSP.log somewhere (after reproducing the bug).  Chances are it’s some kind of interaction with another mod.  I’ve played quite a lot with KSPCF installed and never seen this.

Some words about PAW Inventory group text.

If the inventory does not have mass limit (as most of them), then the mass text I consider not essential enough to put it in the group title, but the volume / volLimit and slotsfilled / slotsAll is essential, and, for example, knowing that would be helpful with the closed inventory group, when you try to choose inventory, where to put new part (if there are several inventory parts)

Something like Inventory (1/3 slots, 140L/180L) on the title gives full information about the inventory, and you already know that 50L part will not fit there.
As it is now, you need to open inventory to find out that.
And if it possible, mass could be put instead of the stock volume progressbar 140.0/180.0L inside the group.

cV3O2Tz.png      F7rULmy.png

3 hours ago, flart said:

Some words about PAW Inventory group text.

If the inventory does not have mass limit (as most of them), then the mass text I consider not essential enough to put it in the group title, but the volume / volLimit and slotsfilled / slotsAll is essential, and, for example, knowing that would be helpful with the closed inventory group, when you try to choose inventory, where to put new part (if there are several inventory parts)

Something like Inventory (1/3 slots, 140L/180L) on the title gives full information about the inventory, and you already know that 50L part will not fit there.
As it is now, you need to open inventory to find out that.
And if it possible, mass could be put instead of the stock volume progressbar 140.0/180.0L inside the group.

cV3O2Tz.png      F7rULmy.png

I’d say it’s still useful to have the mass readout, so you can see how much heavier that part is due to cargo. That info isn’t really available otherwise without calculating it yourself or checking the difference in the engineers report when you add cargo. Slot usage would be cool though

I apologize if this is a know issue, but I'm having trouble installing this via CKAN. CKAN says my KSP is incompatible because it's missing Harmony and won't download it either: missing from list and the dependency is marked in red as "not indexed". I downloaded Harmony from the link in the OP and dropped it into GameData, but CKAN still won't recognize it as installed.

Was Harmony dropped from CKAN or something?

1 hour ago, Fraktal said:

I apologize if this is a know issue, but I'm having trouble installing this via CKAN. CKAN says my KSP is incompatible because it's missing Harmony and won't download it either: missing from list and the dependency is marked in red as "not indexed". I downloaded Harmony from the link in the OP and dropped it into GameData, but CKAN still won't recognize it as installed.

Was Harmony dropped from CKAN or something?

Installed fine for me using CKAN. Have you done a "refresh" in CKAN? That has it recheck for the latest versions of things. IIRC the refresh is also when it looks to see if you have something manually installed. Using the latest version of CKAN (1.31)? Oh, and I do see a "not indexed" listing for Harmony, but that's for Harmony 1; Harmony 2 says it is incompatible with Harmony 1 (makes sense that you couldn't have both installed) and that Harmony 1 isn't indexed anyway. You should be using Harmony 2 - specifically 2.2.1. I assume you are on KSP 1.12.3? Generally a little skimpy on version number details in your question, so I'm having to make some guesses.

I took a screenshot of CKAN just now. As you can see, no Harmony of either version and Harmony2 is not indexed.

Spoiler

NZNpxlg.png

17 hours ago, rmaine said:

You should be using Harmony 2 - specifically 2.2.1.

That's what I have in GameData, yes. Just checked the version file.

2 minutes ago, Fraktal said:

I took a screenshot of CKAN just now. As you can see, no Harmony of either version and Harmony2 is not indexed.

Reveal hidden contents

NZNpxlg.png

That's what I have in GameData, yes. Just checked the version file.

The screenshot doesn't tell me whether or not you did a refresh. It does, however, tell me that you are using an old version of CKAN. CKAN 1.24 is from... let's see... 2018. I don't know whether or not that's related to your problem, but it certainly could be. There's an option in CKAN for updating itself, though I don't know for sure whether or not that will work from that old a version. At any rate, try the refresh first if you haven't.

12 minutes ago, Fraktal said:

OK, updating CKAN did the trick. Auto-update was turned off because it has been throwing a 404 error for a long time now.

Addon installed fine this time. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Yeah. I've tended to have CKAN's auto-update turned off for various reasons related to not trying to fix it when it didn't appear broken for me. In fact, in the process of checking to tell you what the current version was, I noticed mine was out of date, though only by one release. Thought I'd better update mine before I suggested that to you. :-) Glad all is good now.

Havin' a bug - I'm using a docking port attached to a robotic piece on an SSTO for space reasons. I leave it extended while i go do other things with other craft for clearance issues. I come back, undock, and try to retract the robotic bit - But it's reset to zero extension. Extending the robotic piece just makes it stick out unnaturally far. It's like it got offset in the VAB. Dunno if screenshots would be needed (i object-throwered the offending parts already) but I can provide more info. The attachment order is - dockingport | structural panel (caps off the truss piece) | truss piece | robotic extendy/retracty hydraulic piston.

V1.20.0 is finally out (sorry all contributors for the delay !)

Available from GitHub and CKAN.

Changes in that release :

• New KSP bugfix : UpgradeBugs [KSP 1.8.0 - 1.12.3]
    Fix various bugs with upgrades, like the part stats upgrade module breaking, upgrades not properly applying in the editor, upgrade cost not being applied to part cost, and various issues int the public API. (contributed by @NathanKell)
  • New KSP bugfix : DoubleCurvePreserveTangents [KSP 1.8.0 - 1.12.3]
    Fix DoubleCurve flattening the tangents of the first keyframe regardless of whether tangents are supplied. (contributed by @NathanKell)
  • New KSP bugfix : StrategyDuration [KSP 1.8.0 - 1.12.3]
    Fix Strategies not using Duration settings. (contributed by @NathanKell)
  • New KSP bugfix : CometMiningNotRemovingMass [KSP 1.12.2 - 1.12.3]
    Fix mass of comets not actually reducing when mining them, despite the PAW saying so.
  • New performance patch : AsteroidAndCometDrillCache [KSP 1.12.3]
    Reduce constant overhead of ModuleAsteroidDrill and ModuleCometDrill by using the cached asteroid/comet part lookup results from ModuleResourceHarvester. Improves performance with large part count vessels having at least one drill part. (contributed by @JonnyOThan)
  • New stock configs tweak : ManufacturerFixes
    Fix a bunch of stock parts not having manufacturers, add icons for the stock "Stratus Corporation" and "LightYear Tire Company" and two new agents, "FreeFall Parachutes" and "Clamp-O-Tron". (contributed by @sunnypunny)
  • PersistentIConfigNode patch : fixed incorrect serialization in some corner cases(contributed by @NathanKell)
  • OnSymmetryFieldChanged : fixed mistakenly inverted "changed" condition resulting in the patch not actually preventing symmetry events to be fired when the value hasn't changed.
  • Added russian localization (contributed by @sunnypunny)
On 7/28/2022 at 1:15 AM, flart said:

For mass, my rationale was that inventory mass is an information that isn't available anywhere else, as most inventories don't have the mass limit slider.
I initially made the patch with full information about slots/mass/volume but removed it because that made the text way too long on kerbal inventories.
But those cases could be differentiated and the non-kerbal inventory info made more useful, I implemented this quick-and-dirty, so feel free to submit a PR to improve this.

6 hours ago, Thatguywholikesionengines said:

Havin' a bug - I'm using a docking port attached to a robotic piece on an SSTO for space reasons. I leave it extended while i go do other things with other craft for clearance issues. I come back, undock, and try to retract the robotic bit - But it's reset to zero extension. Extending the robotic piece just makes it stick out unnaturally far.

I think someone else reported that on Discord (@Rodger maybe ?), I will try to take a look.

5 hours ago, flart said:

target prograde/retrograde buttons doesn't work for small speed, lower than ≈1 m/s.

It could be 0.01 m/s

Not sure this is desirable.
When you approach 0 m/s, this mean your prograde vector is about to turn around 180°, and when this starts happening you usually don't want SAS to stay engaged toward that vector.
I'm pretty sure I occasionally found myself in situations where I would have preferred a larger than stock threshold.
Maybe the threshold could be lowered a bit, but the stock threshold is something most experienced players have a "muscle reflex" for, so in any case a KSPCF patch for this would be an option to change it, not a lower default threshold.

Edited by Gotmachine

5 hours ago, Gotmachine said:

11 hours ago, flart said:

target prograde/retrograde buttons doesn't work for small speed, lower than ≈1 m/s.

It could be 0.01 m/s

Not sure this is desirable.
When you approach 0 m/s, this mean your prograde vector is about to turn around 180°, and when this starts happening you usually don't want SAS to stay engaged toward that vector.
I'm pretty sure I occasionally found myself in situations where I would have preferred a larger than stock threshold.
Maybe the threshold could be lowered a bit, but the stock threshold is something most experienced players have a "muscle reflex" for, so in any case a KSPCF patch for this would be an option to change it, not a lower default threshold.

This would be helpful, but maybe down to .3ms as for soem reason in my head this was a speed that docking was safe to operate at without breaking things.

Is there a speed limit where the claw works?  Then for captures and such that would be good.

since the last update i get  errors like this when  i'm hovering above any command pods. the image which is displayed in the tooltip stays the same

[EXC 15:57:04.264] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
	KSPCommunityFixes.UpgradeBugs.PartListTooltip_SetupUpgradeInfo_Prefix (KSP.UI.Screens.Editor.PartListTooltip __instance, AvailablePart& availablePart) (at <f04ab304797b48b38eb79c9451a09d01>:0)
	(wrapper dynamic-method) KSP.UI.Screens.Editor.PartListTooltip.KSP.UI.Screens.Editor.PartListTooltip.SetupUpgradeInfo_Patch1(KSP.UI.Screens.Editor.PartListTooltip,AvailablePart)
	(wrapper dynamic-method) KSP.UI.Screens.Editor.PartListTooltip.KSP.UI.Screens.Editor.PartListTooltip.Setup_Patch1(KSP.UI.Screens.Editor.PartListTooltip,AvailablePart,Callback`1<KSP.UI.Screens.Editor.PartListTooltip>,UnityEngine.RenderTexture)
	(wrapper dynamic-method) KSP.UI.Screens.Editor.PartListTooltipController.KSP.UI.Screens.Editor.PartListTooltipController.CreateTooltip_Patch1(KSP.UI.Screens.Editor.PartListTooltipController,KSP.UI.Screens.Editor.PartListTooltip,KSP.UI.Screens.EditorPartIcon)
	KSP.UI.Screens.Editor.PartListTooltipController.OnTooltipSpawned (KSP.UI.Tooltip tooltip) (at <39c0323fb6b449a4aaf3465c00ed3c8d>:0)
	KSP.UI.UIMasterController.SpawnTooltip (KSP.UI.ITooltipController tooltipController) (at <39c0323fb6b449a4aaf3465c00ed3c8d>:0)
	KSP.UI.PinnableTooltipController.OnPointerEnter (UnityEngine.EventSystems.PointerEventData eventData) (at <39c0323fb6b449a4aaf3465c00ed3c8d>:0)
	KSP.UI.Screens.Editor.PartListTooltipController.OnPointerEnter (UnityEngine.EventSystems.PointerEventData eventData) (at <39c0323fb6b449a4aaf3465c00ed3c8d>:0)
	UnityEngine.EventSystems.ExecuteEvents.Execute (UnityEngine.EventSystems.IPointerEnterHandler handler, UnityEngine.EventSystems.BaseEventData eventData) (at <5336a8686ff14f17888ce9a9f44f29bc>:0)
	UnityEngine.EventSystems.ExecuteEvents.Execute[T] (UnityEngine.GameObject target, UnityEngine.EventSystems.BaseEventData eventData, UnityEngine.EventSystems.ExecuteEvents+EventFunction`1[T1] functor) (at <5336a8686ff14f17888ce9a9f44f29bc>:0)
	UnityEngine.DebugLogHandler:LogException(Exception, Object)
	KSPe.Util.Log.UnityLogDecorator:UnityEngine.ILogHandler.LogException(Exception, Object)
	ModuleManager.UnityLogHandle.InterceptLogHandler:LogException(Exception, Object)
	UnityEngine.EventSystems.EventSystem:Update()
[EXC 15:57:04.332] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object

doesn't happen for other categories like tanks or structural items etc.

full log => https://1drv.ms/u/s!Am0PDmGqv17_hKpg_V9OjupFbyImAA?e=snIFLV

7 hours ago, GoAHead said:

since the last update i get  errors like this when  i'm hovering above any command pods. the image which is displayed in the tooltip stays the same

[EXC 15:57:04.264] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
	KSPCommunityFixes.UpgradeBugs.PartListTooltip_SetupUpgradeInfo_Prefix (KSP.UI.Screens.Editor.PartListTooltip __instance, AvailablePart& availablePart) (at <f04ab304797b48b38eb79c9451a09d01>:0)
	(wrapper dynamic-method) KSP.UI.Screens.Editor.PartListTooltip.KSP.UI.Screens.Editor.PartListTooltip.SetupUpgradeInfo_Patch1(KSP.UI.Screens.Editor.PartListTooltip,AvailablePart)
	(wrapper dynamic-method) KSP.UI.Screens.Editor.PartListTooltip.KSP.UI.Screens.Editor.PartListTooltip.Setup_Patch1(KSP.UI.Screens.Editor.PartListTooltip,AvailablePart,Callback`1<KSP.UI.Screens.Editor.PartListTooltip>,UnityEngine.RenderTexture)
	(wrapper dynamic-method) KSP.UI.Screens.Editor.PartListTooltipController.KSP.UI.Screens.Editor.PartListTooltipController.CreateTooltip_Patch1(KSP.UI.Screens.Editor.PartListTooltipController,KSP.UI.Screens.Editor.PartListTooltip,KSP.UI.Screens.EditorPartIcon)
	KSP.UI.Screens.Editor.PartListTooltipController.OnTooltipSpawned (KSP.UI.Tooltip tooltip) (at <39c0323fb6b449a4aaf3465c00ed3c8d>:0)
	KSP.UI.UIMasterController.SpawnTooltip (KSP.UI.ITooltipController tooltipController) (at <39c0323fb6b449a4aaf3465c00ed3c8d>:0)
	KSP.UI.PinnableTooltipController.OnPointerEnter (UnityEngine.EventSystems.PointerEventData eventData) (at <39c0323fb6b449a4aaf3465c00ed3c8d>:0)
	KSP.UI.Screens.Editor.PartListTooltipController.OnPointerEnter (UnityEngine.EventSystems.PointerEventData eventData) (at <39c0323fb6b449a4aaf3465c00ed3c8d>:0)
	UnityEngine.EventSystems.ExecuteEvents.Execute (UnityEngine.EventSystems.IPointerEnterHandler handler, UnityEngine.EventSystems.BaseEventData eventData) (at <5336a8686ff14f17888ce9a9f44f29bc>:0)
	UnityEngine.EventSystems.ExecuteEvents.Execute[T] (UnityEngine.GameObject target, UnityEngine.EventSystems.BaseEventData eventData, UnityEngine.EventSystems.ExecuteEvents+EventFunction`1[T1] functor) (at <5336a8686ff14f17888ce9a9f44f29bc>:0)
	UnityEngine.DebugLogHandler:LogException(Exception, Object)
	KSPe.Util.Log.UnityLogDecorator:UnityEngine.ILogHandler.LogException(Exception, Object)
	ModuleManager.UnityLogHandle.InterceptLogHandler:LogException(Exception, Object)
	UnityEngine.EventSystems.EventSystem:Update()
[EXC 15:57:04.332] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object

doesn't happen for other categories like tanks or structural items etc.

full log => https://1drv.ms/u/s!Am0PDmGqv17_hKpg_V9OjupFbyImAA?e=snIFLV

This is fixed in 1.20.1

V1.20.1 is out

Available from GitHub and CKAN.

Changes in that release :

• Fix an issue with the DoubleCurve patch
  • Fix a stock issue where PartModules added via code would have a null upgrades List (would result in broken part tooltip in 1.20.0)