[1.8 - 1.12] KSPCommunityFixes - Bugfixes and QoL tweaks

Gotmachine

25 minutes ago, NathanKell said:

@Carni35@CAPFlyerawesome work narrowing that down, but maaaan that's bonkers. AFAICT from the spacedock download of BDBNIC all it does is patch some part variants (and add some new assets), it doesn't touch any part with a RealChute module (let alone the part that's erroring in the log).

I also upgraded to 1.22.2 today (from what I'm not sure, probably 1.21 given dates of updates), also have BDB + BDBNIC (plus 240 more mods), and it was hanging. Removing BDBNIC solved the hang. Somehow BDBNIC and KSPCF are exhibiting Quantum Entanglement.

V1.23.0

• New performance / KSP bugfix patch : RestoreMaxPhysicsDT (contributed by @JonnyOThan). KSP 1.8.0-1.12.3.
  • Fix typo in Strategy's SendStateMessage where bold was not disabled after title (as part of StrategyDuration fix, since that is the only place it would be used in stock KSP).
  • Fix bug in ConfigNodePerf where it did not properly early-out of parsing if the cfg file had an extraneous } (stock parser aborts in that case).
  • Added Chinese localization (contributed by @tinygrox).
Edited by NathanKell

On 9/23/2022 at 10:57 AM, NathanKell said:

@RaketeJust tried what you mentioned and KSPCF happily created the file. Only thing I can think of is your KSP somehow doesn't have write permissions in that folder. (Also you have an outdated version of Kerbal Konstructs.) 

Create a new file in that folder and call it DisableManeuverTool.cfg and put this in it:

DisableManeuverTool
{
	enableManeuverTool = False
}

(make sure it's actually a cfg file, not .cfg.txt by the way).

Will try to create the cfg manually. (Some day this week, as I am currently about 300km away from my computer).

There is no writing lock in that folder, since the other cfg in that folder (no caching on disk) is created and correctly filled. So I do really not know, why it is not created. Also i just extracted your folder from github and placed it along the other mods.

Also did a test on a clean KSP-Install. Same effect. 

Maybe a clean install of your newest KSPCF-Package will also do the trick by itself. Will try.

My KKonstructs is outdated? I thought I downloaded the newest version months ago. How big is the version-delta, that you noticed?

Edited by Rakete

4 hours ago, NathanKell said:

New performance / KSP bugfix patch : RestoreMaxPhysicsDT (contributed by @JonnyOThan).

Wow, this means that we can actually use physwarp now without it lagging the heck out of the game afterwards? Now I wonder what you guys can't actually fix. Again, would be great if this was marked applicable game versions wise. 

44 minutes ago, dok_377 said:

Wow, this means that we can actually use physwarp now without it lagging the heck out of the game afterwards? Now I wonder what you guys can't actually fix. Again, would be great if this was marked applicable game versions wise. 

The fix was actually a single line of code (after all the patching boilerplate overhead).  The trick is figuring out exactly what and where to fix.

20 minutes ago, JonnyOThan said:

The fix was actually a single line of code (after all the patching boilerplate overhead).  The trick is figuring out exactly what and where to fix.

It's good to see this fixed after all these years regardless of how easy it was to fix. Before KSPCF I only can recall one attempt at doing something like this (Stock Bug Fix Modules), but it didn't live for long. This game desperately needs fixes like these, making a more enjoyable experience for everybody. At least until the second game releases. 

24 minutes ago, dok_377 said:

It's good to see this fixed after all these years regardless of how easy it was to fix. Before KSPCF I only can recall one attempt at doing something like this (Stock Bug Fix Modules), but it didn't live for long. This game desperately needs fixes like these, making a more enjoyable experience for everybody. At least until the second game releases. 

Yeah, I was completely unaware that these kinds of fixes were possible until I saw the big memory leaks one.

3 hours ago, dok_377 said:

The versioning is listed in the readme, but I edited the post above to show it there too.

@NathanKell @Gotmachine I have an idea for a bugfix. There's a bug in the game that unlocks fuel tanks when they're copied with alt+click. I believe it was introduced in 1.9 and never officially fixed afterwards. 

Pretty easy to reproduce: take any fuel tank, lock it and copy it. The copied fuel tank will be unlocked. 

Also mods with procedural parts take it a little further: when you lock some procedural fuel tanks without even copying them and then save the vehicle, the next time you load that vehicle these fuel tanks will all be unlocked. 

On 9/25/2022 at 10:16 PM, Rakete said:

Will try to create the cfg manually. (Some day this week, as I am currently about 300km away from my computer).

There is no writing lock in that folder, since the other cfg in that folder (no caching on disk) is created and correctly filled. So I do really not know, why it is not created. Also i just extracted your folder from github and placed it along the other mods.

Also did a test on a clean KSP-Install. Same effect. 

Maybe a clean install of your newest KSPCF-Package will also do the trick by itself. Will try.

My KKonstructs is outdated? I thought I downloaded the newest version months ago. How big is the version-delta, that you noticed?

@NathanKell

Installed the newest Version of KSPCF. Issues are gone. All four files for the stored variables of KSPCF are now created by the Mod correctly. The deactivation of the maneuver tools now seems persistent.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm having problems with a certain QoL update that this mod makes, and its really annoying me. As shown below, the part action window for any part defaults to being "closed", which takes a lot of time when I have to manually open all of them into order to do autostrut or whatever. This would be fine if the method to disable patches worked, however it does not for some reason. I've tried multiple different solutions to disable the patch, and nothing is working. Can someone help?

unknown.pngunknown.pngunknown.png

1 hour ago, JonnyOThan said:

That's not the right setting.   I think you want PAWStockGroups instead.

Are you sure? That doesn't seem like it's related to the problem. I'll test it out though.

EDIT: Nevermind, that sorta worked. It removed the groups of the part action window which I thought were kinda cool but this is more important. Thanks!
unknown.png

Edited by Clayel