Jump to content

[1.8 - 1.12] KSPCommunityFixes - Bugfixes and QoL tweaks


Gotmachine
 Share

Recommended Posts

9 hours ago, JonnyOThan said:

Hmm, does the AssemblyFileVersion get printed in the logs?  It's really annoying when mods leave their version at 1.0 and then you can't tell what someone installed.  But maybe they're not using AssemblyFileVersion.

As siimav says it definitely does.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Bugreport for Version 1.22.2

 

The ingame setting of the disabling of the maneuver tool is not saved. You can disable the maneuver tool, but as soon as you close and open KSP the maneuver tool is back there and the disabling setting is defaulted to the maneuver tool being active.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 9/13/2022 at 11:04 PM, Rakete said:

Bugreport for Version 1.22.2

 

The ingame setting of the disabling of the maneuver tool is not saved. You can disable the maneuver tool, but as soon as you close and open KSP the maneuver tool is back there and the disabling setting is defaulted to the maneuver tool being active.

@NathanKell@Gotmachine

In my previous KSPFC Version (1.16.0) the setting was persistent, now (1.22.2) it is not anymore. Can you provide a fix for the fix? You can disable the maneuver tool, but upon KSP Restart it is re-enabled and the ingame setting box says also "enabled"...

 

Just like here: settings.gif

enabled upon every KSP restart.

 

 

Here are my logs: https://www.filemail.com/d/elkyifkbjehxcdr

Edited by Rakete
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 9/16/2022 at 11:06 AM, Carni35 said:

Hey !

It seems that the use of  ''KSPCommunityFixes'' create an incompatibility  with ''RealChute'' in my installe. The game go in infinite loading at launch.

Remove ''KSPCCommunityFixes'' fixe the problem.

Here is the log, if you want take a look ;)  https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1dgREvE2weV3CN8DwkfAoCEYD9G0QECcG?usp=sharing

 

What version of BDB do you have? The game is choking compiling the parachute and RCS part for the BDB Mercury.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 9/15/2022 at 10:37 AM, Rakete said:

@NathanKell@Gotmachine

In my previous KSPFC Version (1.16.0) the setting was persistent, now (1.22.2) it is not anymore. Can you provide a fix for the fix? You can disable the maneuver tool, but upon KSP Restart it is re-enabled and the ingame setting box says also "enabled"...

 

Just like here: settings.gif

enabled upon every KSP restart.

 

 

Here are my logs: https://www.filemail.com/d/elkyifkbjehxcdr

Can't repro. Just tried locally and it worked fine. Check your KSPCommunityFixes folder in GameData -- look in PluginData and open the DisalbeManeuverTool.cfg file--does it show the correct state in that? (Does the file even exist for you??)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, NathanKell said:

Can't repro. Just tried locally and it worked fine. Check your KSPCommunityFixes folder in GameData -- look in PluginData and open the DisalbeManeuverTool.cfg file--does it show the correct state in that? (Does the file even exist for you??)

Also make sure the file isn’t read only. It could be a permissions issue as well; the log might have more info.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 9/16/2022 at 11:06 AM, Carni35 said:

Hey !

It seems that the use of  ''KSPCommunityFixes'' create an incompatibility  with ''RealChute'' in my installe. The game go in infinite loading at launch.

Remove ''KSPCCommunityFixes'' fixe the problem.

Here is the log, if you want take a look ;)  https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1dgREvE2weV3CN8DwkfAoCEYD9G0QECcG?usp=sharing

 

Actually what would be most helpful is your ModuleManager.ConfigCache file. Then I can compare the ConfigNodes generated by KSPCF and by stock KSP's loader.
(And btw KSP.log is superior to player.log, player.log has a lot of excess junk and lacks some data KSP.log has)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

The value in the config is set to true.

The kspcf config is writeable (in fact i did turn off some qol-features like PAW-groups)

The MM cache was emptied for pinpointing. It did noch changr behavior after rebuilding the MM cache. The button ingame is there (this is what the config does) and works. As soon as you tick it, the maneuver tool is disabled. You can save your game and play around, but as soon as you close KSP and re-open it the maveuver tool is reenabled and the box in the ingame setting also says so. Ksp version 1.12.3.

What do you want me to do? You need the mm-cache-file? Will upload it later on, as soon as I am back on the computer.

Where do I get the KSP.log, that you want? 

 

Where does KSPCF store the result of the ingame checkbox? In the config is just the enabler for the ingame checkbox, but not the value of the checkbox. Can I write the value manually to disabled? I will upload my KSPCF config later today.

Edited by Rakete
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, NathanKell said:

Actually what would be most helpful is your ModuleManager.ConfigCache file. Then I can compare the ConfigNodes generated by KSPCF and by stock KSP's loader.
(And btw KSP.log is superior to player.log, player.log has a lot of excess junk and lacks some data KSP.log has)

Hey !

Thank you for your time :)

I can confirm that I use the latest BDB version. Again, everything work well without KSP community fixe (or withoutRealchute when I use KSP community fixe)

You can find here all the stuffs you asked for ;) 

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1dgREvE2weV3CN8DwkfAoCEYD9G0QECcG?usp=sharing

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I've just launched my BDB testing install, with KSPCF, and RC both installed, and it launched fine... Some other people have had similar issues loading with realchute and BDB though, and we're not sure why yet. Everyone who's reported it had kerbalism installed too though, but unsure if it does anything to do with drag cube generation/parachutes?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

@NathanKell @Gotmachine

Here is the full compendium of my logs, modlist, KSP-Log, MM-Cache, MM-Logs etc. I collected everything I could find. https://www.filemail.com/d/qtbvahzokilodye

I also included my settings-Config of KSPCF right out of my gamedata.

 

The issue happens for me with the newest installment of KSPCF. Maybe something is wrong in the github-repo (and not your local install) (Writing protection of some file?)

Where does KSPCF store the result of the ingame checkbox? In the config is just the enabler for the ingame checkbox, but not the stored value of the checkbox. Can I write the value manually to disabled somewhere?

Also my latest savefile, which currently contains no active flight. Just created for testing. https://www.filemail.com/d/stnojorxjnyqesl

 

Also happens for me on a clean install without any mods but KSPCF. Also: No drive issues on my computer prohibiting correct writing to storage. I just checked. With my previous KSPCF version () the setting was persistent. Nothing changed but the upgrade of the KSPCF version. (from 1.16.0 to 1.22.2)

 

Edit: Did some testing: Reloading or returning to main menue does not reenable the maneuvertool, but restarting KSP does.

Edit 2: The file DisalbeManeuverTool.cfg does not exist for me in the PluginData. the other file there TextureLoaderOptimizations.cfg is correctly created and written in a readable status. When I install KSPCF I always do a clean install, meaning I delete the whole KSPCF-Folder an replace it by the one from the Github-Zip. So did I when upgrading KSPCF from 1.16 to 1.22.2 - no residuals from previous versions. So my guess: KSPCF 1.22.2 fails to create the cfg file, if do a clean install of the mod.

Edited by Rakete
Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 hours ago, Rodger said:

I've just launched my BDB testing install, with KSPCF, and RC both installed, and it launched fine... Some other people have had similar issues loading with realchute and BDB though, and we're not sure why yet. Everyone who's reported it had kerbalism installed too though, but unsure if it does anything to do with drag cube generation/parachutes?

I tried to launch the game without Kerbalism, and it still not work. I guess that's not the problem :)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Okay, so kinda cross-posting since it seems the issue is coming from KSP Community Fixes after troubleshooting with Zorg.

Here's what I've found - I can run *all* my mods listed here -

If I remove Real Chute, things work fine, no matter what version of KSP Community Fixes I'm running.  I had taken a break from KSP, but I'd been making sure everything was updated on a regular basis, so I didn't know when the problem started (I have an active, 4-5 years in now RSS Kerbalism run with BDB (full release, not BETA) and Skyhawk Science), so I started walking back the KSP Community Fixes updates and found that the issue was introduced with KSP Community Fixes 1.22.0.  I'm able to run 1.21.0 just fine, but 1.22.0 beyond hangs up as described in my other posts.  Hopefully that gives everyone an idea of where to look?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 7/27/2021 at 10:05 AM, Gotmachine said:

Sorry for that, and thanks for reporting. I should have done a bit more testing, that last altimeter tweaking feature had a few issues.

Released v1.0.3 hotfix : https://github.com/KSPModdingLibs/KSPCommunityFixes/releases/tag/1.0.3

  • Fix persisted altimeter position not being correctly reloaded
  • Fix map filters transition coroutine errors by disabling the nested gameobject instead of the top one

Hello,

in my 1.12.3 RSS/RP-1 install I still have the problem, that the adjusted altimeter position is getting lost on restart (or maybe even respawn)... 
The adjusted position (altimeterPosition = 0.369316608) is correctly stored in the AltimeterHorizontalPosition.cfg file.
However, when I come into the flight scene, the position is centered again... (until I move the slider again).
Does anyone else have this problem or is there maybe a workaround?

BR
Jebs_SY
 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, CAPFlyer said:

Okay, so kinda cross-posting since it seems the issue is coming from KSP Community Fixes after troubleshooting with Zorg.

Here's what I've found - I can run *all* my mods listed here -

If I remove Real Chute, things work fine, no matter what version of KSP Community Fixes I'm running.  I had taken a break from KSP, but I'd been making sure everything was updated on a regular basis, so I didn't know when the problem started (I have an active, 4-5 years in now RSS Kerbalism run with BDB (full release, not BETA) and Skyhawk Science), so I started walking back the KSP Community Fixes updates and found that the issue was introduced with KSP Community Fixes 1.22.0.  I'm able to run 1.21.0 just fine, but 1.22.0 beyond hangs up as described in my other posts.  Hopefully that gives everyone an idea of where to look?

I still can't reproduce it, with BDB (dev or master branch), RealChute, KSPCF 1.22.2, Kerbalism, SkyhawkScienceSystem, SkyhawkKerbalism, and even RSS.

My ksp.log with it loading fully:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1-VVxAyKQwZ5G6ExApJt665BzgsHgxbbn/view?usp=sharing

The fact the version change of KSPCF triggered it for you is probably a good clue still, but even with 1.22.2 I can't get it to happen.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 9/20/2022 at 2:29 AM, Rakete said:

The value in the config is set to true.

The kspcf config is writeable (in fact i did turn off some qol-features like PAW-groups)

The MM cache was emptied for pinpointing. It did noch changr behavior after rebuilding the MM cache. The button ingame is there (this is what the config does) and works. As soon as you tick it, the maneuver tool is disabled. You can save your game and play around, but as soon as you close KSP and re-open it the maveuver tool is reenabled and the box in the ingame setting also says so. Ksp version 1.12.3.

What do you want me to do? You need the mm-cache-file? Will upload it later on, as soon as I am back on the computer.

Where do I get the KSP.log, that you want? 

 

Where does KSPCF store the result of the ingame checkbox? In the config is just the enabler for the ingame checkbox, but not the value of the checkbox. Can I write the value manually to disabled? I will upload my KSPCF config later today.

The value is stored in that cfg file. I don't need MM cache because that cfg file is under PluginData and thus not managed by ModuleManager.

KSP.log is right next to your KSP executable.

 

If the value in the cfg is true, that means KSPCF is saving it to disk as enabled, which means either it's being reset or it's never being saved correctly in the first place. Please try the following:
1. Launch KSP, load a save, toggle the setting, apply, accept, and immediately quit KSP. Then give me the log and the cfg file I mentioned (and check its properties, make sure it's not read-only).

2. Make a clean install of KSP and add only KSPCF to it (use CKAN to install it so it gets all dependencies). Then repeat step 1.

On 9/20/2022 at 9:41 AM, Rakete said:

@NathanKell @Gotmachine

Here is the full compendium of my logs, modlist, KSP-Log, MM-Cache, MM-Logs etc. I collected everything I could find. https://www.filemail.com/d/qtbvahzokilodye

I also included my settings-Config of KSPCF right out of my gamedata.

 

The issue happens for me with the newest installment of KSPCF. Maybe something is wrong in the github-repo (and not your local install) (Writing protection of some file?)

Where does KSPCF store the result of the ingame checkbox? In the config is just the enabler for the ingame checkbox, but not the stored value of the checkbox. Can I write the value manually to disabled somewhere?

Also my latest savefile, which currently contains no active flight. Just created for testing. https://www.filemail.com/d/stnojorxjnyqesl

 

Also happens for me on a clean install without any mods but KSPCF. Also: No drive issues on my computer prohibiting correct writing to storage. I just checked. With my previous KSPCF version () the setting was persistent. Nothing changed but the upgrade of the KSPCF version. (from 1.16.0 to 1.22.2)

 

Edit: Did some testing: Reloading or returning to main menue does not reenable the maneuvertool, but restarting KSP does.

Edit 2: The file DisalbeManeuverTool.cfg does not exist for me in the PluginData. the other file there TextureLoaderOptimizations.cfg is correctly created and written in a readable status. When I install KSPCF I always do a clean install, meaning I delete the whole KSPCF-Folder an replace it by the one from the Github-Zip. So did I when upgrading KSPCF from 1.16 to 1.22.2 - no residuals from previous versions. So my guess: KSPCF 1.22.2 fails to create the cfg file, if do a clean install of the mod.

Oh that's very interesting, just saw your edit. I'll double-check that it properly creates it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

@RaketeJust tried what you mentioned and KSPCF happily created the file. Only thing I can think of is your KSP somehow doesn't have write permissions in that folder. (Also you have an outdated version of Kerbal Konstructs.) 

Create a new file in that folder and call it DisableManeuverTool.cfg and put this in it:

DisableManeuverTool
{
	enableManeuverTool = False
}

(make sure it's actually a cfg file, not .cfg.txt by the way).

Link to comment
Share on other sites

@CAPFlyer@Carni35Not seeing anything obvious, so...gonna make a request that'll take a bit of work. Please:
(a) in your working game (i.e. with old, or no, KSPCF installed), load all the way to the main menu and then quit, and copy out your ModuleManager.ConfigCache.

(b) Install latest KSPCF and do so again (until it hangs) and copy out *that* ModuleManager.ConfigCache.

(c) upload both files.

I will need to manually compare the resultant nodes in both files in the hopes that will give a clue. Clearly RC is failing to parse the PARACHUTE node in the mercuryRCS part, but I don't see how.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, NathanKell said:

@CAPFlyer@Carni35Not seeing anything obvious, so...gonna make a request that'll take a bit of work. Please:
(a) in your working game (i.e. with old, or no, KSPCF installed), load all the way to the main menu and then quit, and copy out your ModuleManager.ConfigCache.

(b) Install latest KSPCF and do so again (until it hangs) and copy out *that* ModuleManager.ConfigCache.

(c) upload both files.

I will need to manually compare the resultant nodes in both files in the hopes that will give a clue. Clearly RC is failing to parse the PARACHUTE node in the mercuryRCS part, but I don't see how.

Here's the files -

With KSP CF 1.22.2

https://www.dropbox.com/s/rz551jsifnqcu5w/ConfigCache1222.zip?dl=0

With KSP CF 1.21.0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/7qkc29rph84gjc8/ConfigCache-KSPCF121.zip?dl=0

Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 hours ago, CAPFlyer said:

Hmm. Those files are identical. I think there might be something else going on here, because I'm not sure what you might have had installed that would set PersistentIConfigNode to true in the 1.21 cache, so I'm wondering if the cache wasn't regenerated when swapping versions? Did ModuleManager *say* it was re-applying the patches?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 9/23/2022 at 5:10 AM, NathanKell said:

@CAPFlyer@Carni35Not seeing anything obvious, so...gonna make a request that'll take a bit of work. Please:
(a) in your working game (i.e. with old, or no, KSPCF installed), load all the way to the main menu and then quit, and copy out your ModuleManager.ConfigCache.

(b) Install latest KSPCF and do so again (until it hangs) and copy out *that* ModuleManager.ConfigCache.

(c) upload both files.

I will need to manually compare the resultant nodes in both files in the hopes that will give a clue. Clearly RC is failing to parse the PARACHUTE node in the mercuryRCS part, but I don't see how.

Hey !

Sooo, after more testing I'm now 100% sure of what is causing the infinite loading  when BDB, KSPCF and Realchute are installed :) 

It's because of ''[1.9.X] Tantares and BDB now in Colors!". Removing it make everything working fine, at least on my heavly modded game

Hope it will help others people with the same problem

(don't forget to delete ''setting.cfg'' and ''ModuleManager.Config.Cache'', had others loading problems before doing it"'

 

Edited by Carni35
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, NathanKell said:

Hmm. Those files are identical. I think there might be something else going on here, because I'm not sure what you might have had installed that would set PersistentIConfigNode to true in the 1.21 cache, so I'm wondering if the cache wasn't regenerated when swapping versions? Did ModuleManager *say* it was re-applying the patches?

Okay, so I re-did the test again just to make sure I didn't miss something.  Yes, it said it was re-applying patches (it seems to do that every time I boot anyway for whatever reason).  Here's the Cache with 1.22.2 installed.

Here's the file - https://www.dropbox.com/s/61ev4zv2wd9yqqq/ModuleManager.zip?dl=0

1 hour ago, Carni35 said:

Hey !

Sooo, after more testing I'm now 100% sure of what is causing the infinite loading  when BDB, KSPCF and Realchute are installed :) 

It's because of ''[1.9.X] Tantares and BDB now in Colors!". Removing it make everything working fine, at least on my heavly modded game

Hope it will help others people with the same problem

(don't forget to delete ''setting.cfg'' and ''ModuleManager.Config.Cache'', had others loading problems before doing it"'

 

Going to do that now and see.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...