Jump to content

[1.8 - 1.12] KSPCommunityFixes - Bugfixes and QoL tweaks


Gotmachine
 Share

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)

Small bug to report with this mod with the object filters in the tracking station and the map views of a craft.

Best described with images -

In the tracking station with a number of filters applied to de-clutter the screen -

https://imgur.com/gKdORbD

gKdORbD.png

 

Select a craft and go to the map screen. The filters bar shows all object types selected but the only ones on display are the ones selected in the tracking station. -

https://imgur.com/WKMz8FN

 

WKMz8FN.png

Un-selecting one object type in the map screen and then all the other objects come into view -

https://imgur.com/D5XWpG6

 

D5XWpG6.png

Removing this mod restores normal behaviour of the filters in the tracking station / map view. 

 

Edited by AstroG
inserting pictures into post
Link to comment
Share on other sites

V1.14.0 is out.

Available from GitHub and CKAN.

Changes in that release :

  • Updated Harmony to v2.2.1
  • New KSP bugfix : PartListTooltipIconSpin [KSP 1.8.0 - 1.12.3]
    Fix editor tooltip part icons not spinning anymore after hovering on a greyed out surface attachable only part while the editor is empty (investigation efforts by @StoneBlue).
  • New KSP bugfix : AsteroidSpawnerUniqueFlightId [KSP 1.8.0 - 1.12.3]
    Fix the asteroid/comet spawner generating non-unique Part.flightId identifiers. This has a few minor side effects in stock (mainly incorrect science bonuses), but this field is heavily relied upon by various mods and this can cause major issues for them.
  • New QoL patch : DisableNewGameIntro [KSP 1.8.0 - 1.12.3]
    Disable the "intro" popups appearing in the space center, VAB/SPH and tracking station upon creating a new career game. Disabled by default.
  • New performance patch : PQSUpdateNoMemoryAlloc [KSP 1.11.0 - 1.12.3]
    Prevent huge memory allocations and resulting occasional stutter on PQS creation happening when moving around near a body surface (investigation and fix by @Gameslinx).
  • Fixed multiple RoboticsDrift patch issues:
    • Improved general numerical stability by normalizing input/output Quaternions.
    • Fixed potential NRE spam happening after in-flight vessel hierarchy changes (ie, docking/undocking/decoupling...)
    • Fixed random child-parts-of-robotic-part displacement after timewarping/reloading (bug introduced with the changes made in 1.12.2)
    • Modded robotic parts whose servoTransform has a position offset relative to the part origin (either due to non-zero local position in the model hierarchy or a position offset in the part config MODEL{} node) are now unsupported. This mean drift correction won't be applied for them, and the stock behavior will apply. KSPCF will issue a log warning when unsupported parts are loaded in flight. Note that such a configuration isn't fully supported by stock either, and such parts will also have issues when manipulating their angle in the editor. And while I might find a way to fix this issue in the future, I strongly recommend mod authors to check/alter their models to ensure the servoTransform has a zero relative position/rotation from the model root. As of writing, this issue notably affect the BDB Skylab truss, the "More Servos" mod by @Angel-125 and possibly others.
On 5/20/2022 at 8:31 AM, AstroG said:

Small bug to report with this mod with the object filters in the tracking station and the map views of a craft.

Thanks for the report. Will try to fix this for next release.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

V1.14.1 is out.

Available from GitHub and CKAN.

Changes in that release :

  • Fix KSPCF issue #39 : AltimeterHorizontalPosition patch causes state inconsistencies with vessel filters.
  • Fix KSPCF issue #40 : UIFloatEditNumericInput patch breaking IR custom FloatEdit control. Don't alter the control prefab list, instead return our custom prefab on the fly in the KSP methods searching the prefab list.
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Very cool mod, will try it out tonight.

 

I was curious however, I have a pretty good machine (5900x, 64gb, 3080) and I checked out the performance tweaks sections. How much performance can you claw back with all of them? Are these performance tweaks mostly a thing that will help out lower end hardware?

 

And, in addition; I wouldn't think there would be any problems but these are compatible with EVE and Scatterer right?

 

Besides that, looks great. Glad to see these mods with a bunch of bug fixes and QoL!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Hunter54711 said:

How much performance can you claw back with all of them? Are these performance tweaks mostly a thing that will help out lower end hardware?

They help all hardware, but obviously lower end will notice it most.  I use it the performance tweaks on my 5950x though, there's absolutely no reason not to get free better performance.

1 hour ago, Hunter54711 said:

And, in addition; I wouldn't think there would be any problems but these are compatible with EVE and Scatterer right?

Yes.  This is compatible with pretty much everything.  There's probably an exception out there somewhere, but I haven't found it yet.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, JonnyOThan said:

Hey, @ensou04 over on the RocketSoundEnhancement thread has figured out the cause of the missing audio bug! Seems like a good candidate for KSP Community Fixes.  Start here and check out the following few posts:

 

Hi, I was planning on doing a PR for this. but might as well share the code here:

// KSPAddon.Startup.Flight

void Start()
{
	FlightCamera.fetch.AudioListenerGameObject.transform.localPosition = Vector3.zero;
	FlightCamera.fetch.AudioListenerGameObject.transform.localEulerAngles = Vector3.zero;
}

https://github.com/ensou04/RocketSoundEnhancement/blob/f09584dab89537b2a21c6f527310cdec460d0ae3/Source/RocketSoundEnhancement/RocketSoundEnhancement.cs#L77-L78

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, ensou04 said:

Hi, I was planning on doing a PR for this. but might as well share the code here:

Hi.

Not familiar with this issue, but from a quick look and judging from your current fix, the issue seems to be in the "FlightCamera.EnableCamera()" and "FlightCamera.DisableCamera()" methods.
They are re-parenting the "AudioListenerGameObject" using the "Transform.SetParent(Transform parent)" overload that set the "worldPositionStays" parameter to true, which will induce a local position/rotation offset when reparenting.
Patching those methods to use the "Transform.SetParent(Transform parent, bool worldPositionStays)" overload with that last parameter set to false should prevent any offset to ever be introduced.

Will prototype a patch and come back to you for testing.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

V1.15.0 is out.

Available from GitHub and CKAN.

Changes in that release :

  • New KSP bugfix : ScatterDistribution [KSP 1.8.0 - 1.12.3]
    Fix incorrect terrain scatter distribution when a partial longitude range is defined in the PQSLandControl definition. (credit to @R-T-B)
  • New KSP bugfix : LostSoundAfterSceneSwitch [KSP 1.12.0 - 1.12.3]
    Fix audio source not being centered/aligned with the current vessel after scene switches, causing loss of vessel effects audio and random volume or left/right channel weirdness. (credit to @ensou04)
  • Fixed KerbalInventoryPersistence patch not being applied on KSP 1.12.3
Edited by Gotmachine
Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, Gotmachine said:

New KSP bugfix : LostSoundAfterSceneSwitch [KSP 1.12.0 - 1.12.3]
Fix audio source not being centered/aligned with the current vessel after scene switches, causing loss of vessel effects audio and random volume or left/right channel weirdness. (credit to @ensou04)

This is the best bug fix everrr. Such an annoying bug that required restarting KSP. Thanks all!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, JonnyOThan said:

Fix request: if a kerbal on EVA is carrying science data, that data is not recovered if you recover the kerbal directly.

This is actually a deeper issue. You will notice that this only happen to the base male EVA variant.
If you use a female Kerbal or one of the EVA suit variants, science data gets recovered, but the carried cargo parts gets recovered in double amounts. This incoherent behavior also affect potential modded modules implementing IPartCostModifier.

I know where the issue is, but fixing would induce a somewhat breaking change in the "GetAllProtoPartsIncludingCargo()" public method so I need to do a few tests.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 6/8/2022 at 8:52 PM, Gotmachine said:

New KSP bugfix : ScatterDistribution [KSP 1.8.0 - 1.12.3]
Fix incorrect terrain scatter distribution when a partial longitude range is defined in the PQSLandControl definition. (credit to @R-T-B)

I noticed a long time ago that when you initially spawn a vehicle from the editor and start moving across terrain, the scattering is not being updated. The scene will have some trees already spawned around the vessel, but the new ones will not spawn as you move around the terrain until you switch the scene. Will this fix resolve that issue as well or is it something completely different? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Tried it with kerbalism and rss to try and fix the alignment bug.

it caused kerbals in eva to have 0 monopropellant with them. had to uninstall it.

was also annoying the way it compressed part information, hiding the crew. i need that information, and i didn't find a way to make it expanded by default.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
10 hours ago, dok_377 said:

Will this fix resolve that issue as well or is it something completely different? 

No, this is likely a different issue.

48 minutes ago, king of nowhere said:

it caused kerbals in eva to have 0 monopropellant with them. had to uninstall it.

That seems weird to me. KSPCF doesn't touch anything related to EVA or resources, and I've personally been using KSPCF and Kerbalism together without seeing that issue.

48 minutes ago, king of nowhere said:

was also annoying the way it compressed part information, hiding the crew. i need that information, and i didn't find a way to make it expanded by default.

You can disable individual patches by editing the "Settings.cfg" file, read the OP.
Or better, by making a MM patch that disable them. That way you won't have to do it again if you update the mod manually. Something like that :

@KSP_COMMUNITY_FIXES:FINAL
{
  @PatchName = false
}

 

Edited by Gotmachine
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, JonnyOThan said:

I’m pretty sure Kerbals on EVA don’t refill monoprop correctly in 1.12.  This isn’t a KSPCF thing.

Oh

  I just had this issue in a kerbalism simplex save... so this is a stock bug then?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 hours ago, dok_377 said:

I noticed a long time ago that when you initially spawn a vehicle from the editor and start moving across terrain, the scattering is not being updated. The scene will have some trees already spawned around the vessel, but the new ones will not spawn as you move around the terrain until you switch the scene. Will this fix resolve that issue as well or is it something completely different? 

This is more likely to be a core issue with the Kopernicus distance limiting logic, if you are playing in any kind of modded solar system.  I'll look into it and see if I can't help.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, R-T-B said:

This is more likely to be a core issue with the Kopernicus distance limiting logic, if you are playing in any kind of modded solar system.  I'll look into it and see if I can't help.

No, stock game. Doesn't really bother me that much, just wanted to see if it was what I thought it was. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, dok_377 said:

No, stock game. Doesn't really bother me that much, just wanted to see if it was what I thought it was. 

Wow.  Maybe it IS a stock issue then.  It amazes me the things that remain in stock some days, lol.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

This is going to be the crappiest bug report ever, and I apologize in advance for that, but after screwing around with getting things stable for over an hour I just can't be bothered to make another KSP install with just this mod to give you a full ksp.log and all of that.

While trying to find the right combo of KSP version and mods to get Beyond Home working in a version without Parallax, I tried 1.9.1 and BH 1.4.2 (actually working well).  Anyway, I installed KSP Community Fixes, mostly for the ROC fix since it seemed to squash some exceptions when I tried other KSP/BH versions.  In 1.9.1 KSP Community Fixes completely breaks fairings.  On loading any fairing part, the following exception is thrown.

[ERR 12:22:49.868] Module ModuleProceduralFairing threw during OnLoad: System.MissingFieldException: Field 'ModuleProceduralFairing.isFadeLocked' not found.

I decided to just ignore the error and see what happens.  Going into the vab and trying to attach a fairing causes an exception to be thrown, and upon attaching it immediately disconnects and the top node of the fairing disappears.

I'm sure it's KSP Community Fixes that's causing it because the issue only appeared after I installed it, and disappeared when I uninstalled it (I had a hunch).

As I said, sorry I can't really provide more info.  Should be easy enough to replicate if you fire up a 1.9.1 instance and install KSP Community Fixes, the problem affects stock parts.  I'm sure it's not high priority but given that the mod is listed as compatible with 1.8-1.12 I figured I should let you know regardless.

Edit:

I should mention that removing KSP Community Fixes does bring the ROC exception back.  Is there anything obvious  that jumps out at you (even everything BUT the ROC fix) that I can disable in settings.cfg to stop the fairing breaking behavior?  

Edit2: 

Disabling the fairing thing in settings.cfg fixed it.

Edited by DeliriumTrigger
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

V1.16.0 is out.

Available from GitHub and CKAN.

Changes in that release :

  • New KSP bugfix : EVAKerbalRecovery [KSP 1.11.0 - 1.12.3]
    Fix recovery of EVAing kerbals either causing their inventory to be recovered twice or the science data they carry not being recovered, depending on the EVA kerbal variant/suit. Thanks to @JonnyOThan for bug-reporting.
  • FairingMouseOverPersistence : patch now only applies to KSP 1.10.0 and latter, as the field it relies on doesn't exists in prior versions, causing exceptions in OnLoad()/OnSave(). Thanks to forum user @DeliriumTrigger for reporting.
  • Codebase cleaning pass, analyzers are now happy (or silenced).

@DeliriumTriggerCrappy report is better than no report :) And perfect timing, I was just about to do a release.

Edited by Gotmachine
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Gotmachine said:

V1.16.0 is out.

Available from GitHub and CKAN.

Changes in that release :

  • New KSP bugfix : EVAKerbalRecovery [KSP 1.11.0 - 1.12.3]
    Fix recovery of EVAing kerbals either causing their inventory to be recovered twice or the science data they carry not being recovered, depending on the EVA kerbal variant/suit. Thanks to @JonnyOThan for bug-reporting.
  • FairingMouseOverPersistence : patch now only applies to KSP 1.10.0 and latter, as the field it relies on doesn't exists in prior versions, causing exceptions in OnLoad()/OnSave(). Thanks to forum user @DeliriumTrigger for reporting.
  • Codebase cleaning pass, analyzers are now happy (or silenced).

@DeliriumTriggerCrappy report is better than no report :) And perfect timing, I was just about to do a release.

@Gotmachine is a...  machine!

Edited by R-T-B
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...