KSP 2 Ideas that don't merit their own thread.

I was thinking about camera angles and stuff...

If there are going to be cameras as science parts or something, then could we set them as our viewpoint? That way we could see exactly what Mission Control would see. I think it might be a nice touch...

Could we get a landing radar part for use when landing in the dark? It could display the ground in a low fidelity green phosphor grid pattern or something on screen so we have some idea where we are in relation to the features around us. Bonus points for short range and conical fov.

12 minutes ago, TLTay said:

Could we get a landing radar part for use when landing in the dark? It could display the ground in a low fidelity green phosphor grid pattern or something on screen so we have some idea where we are in relation to the features around us. Bonus points for short range and conical fov.

That would be really nice, but not for initial release, because there is an easy workaround: Lights

1 hour ago, TLTay said:

Would also be useful for IVA-only missions! I like this idea.

A smoke canister to make visual land markers.

Real small parachutes, to drop little things (like smoke canisters... :) )

Labels for the surface lights... So you can make a board to see the state of the parts controlled by actions groups.

A gyroscope to have data about the angles around the vertical, to make autopilots easy to build, and copters easy to pilot.

And a Dr Who electric screwdriver.

Edited by Kenny Kerman
more ideas

On 10/15/2021 at 4:05 AM, Admiral Fluffy said:

Ah yes, practical lithobraking.

I really like that. :)

Remember having an Pathfinder mod back before we had stock rovers. It was very easy to land because of the air bags. I even used it to land on airless bodies with an top mounted stage, it was often not needed to remove it after litobreaking :) as I was not very good at landing back then. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/31/2021 at 1:35 PM, Bej Kerman said:

It doesn't matter, orbital decay would only serve as a distraction from actual gameplay. You will have unstable orbits in proximity to Rask and Rusk to look forward to though.

Sounds like work for the modders!

On 10/18/2021 at 4:18 PM, TheOrbitalMechanic said:

Perhaps a "heat shield" paint color, so you can add custom heat shields to craft with the paint editor? It would add weight and cost, and potentially require ablator, but I think the potential of more heat-resistant spaceplanes would be worth it.

Do you mean heat shield paint? So say your land legs burn up on reentry but nothing else we could add heat resistance paint to add maybe 15%, 10% whatever the devs find balanced. Could of course be a mod though.