KSP 2 Ideas that don't merit their own thread.

7 hours ago, PlutoISaPlanet said:

Sandbox mode launchpads on every planet.

I feel like if these exist they should be disabled by default and unlock-able like the alternate launchpads in current KSP, because if you really wanted to go to other planets with ease you could simply use the cheat menu to teleport there, and otherwise sandbox should still be about exploring instead of having everything unlocked

6 hours ago, t_v said:

I feel like if these exist they should be disabled by default and unlock-able like the alternate launchpads in current KSP, because if you really wanted to go to other planets with ease you could simply use the cheat menu to teleport there, and otherwise sandbox should still be about exploring instead of having everything unlocked

True

9 hours ago, t_v said:

agreed

9 hours ago, t_v said:

Definitely.

19 hours ago, TheOrbitalMechanic said:

Cosmetic part damage.

i.e. dings, dents, scrapes, etc. in the form of textures.

This might get very annoying. Maybe a paint type? Or disable in settings?

2 hours ago, TheSameKerbal77 said:

Definitely.

This might get very annoying. Maybe a paint type? Or disable in settings?

Color selection will be in KSP2. I'm sure they can add selectable textures to create that effect. (SE is a good example of this.)

22 hours ago, TheOrbitalMechanic said:

Cosmetic part damage.

i.e. dings, dents, scrapes, etc. in the form of textures.

ABSOLUTELY. I just hate it when my ship blows up, but all the parts are looking pristine. Also, it'd be cool if there were overlays for re-entry damage

On 7/27/2021 at 5:54 PM, Dientus said:

I like that idea. They did say it would be easier or maybe I should say more accessible for modders, I've been wondering exactly how they meant that.  It is possible that I missed where they explained it if they did.

This though I believe would be great. I could see some people being against it only because there will be so many mods some doing the same thing and some just very simplistic. Or basically a bunch of, for lack of a better term ... "junk"... But despite that, it's easy enough to sort through the good stuff in games I have that are similar to this.

Or like noita's mod menu would be cool

Well, the 'problem' here is that Noita's mods cannot conflict, and cannot overwrite one another in sequence (it HAS a load order, but the way it works is not as clear cut as in other games). People who make mods for Noita understandably make them to be as standalone as possible. They add stuff, rarely modify and when they do it's something in the base game itself.

The requirement of ModuleManager for >95% of KSP1's mods is not something that became just for fun. Some mods have patches to modify one another at the same time, so a bare linear load order like Skyrim wouldn't work either. Well, the later could work since we're looking at a brand new mod-scene-to-be, in which mod makers could build everything up to either have dependencies or be dependent, but never both at the same time toward another mod that would do the same. You'll starting seeing compatibility patches as standalones (like in Skyrim) to fix conflicts, though, which is a huge pain in the cheeks for anyone to support. MM isn't a perfect solution to all that, but its ability to set patches within the same config file to be dependent or a dependency really is something you don't really see in many other places.

Edited by Axelord FTW

What would be cool is the ability to evenly distribute fuel across multiple tanks.

A problem I have is when I've come back from a planet using a small scouting vessel and want to fill up its fuel tanks with the tanks on the main mothership. However when you do this, it usually leaves one tank significantly less full and therefore lighter than the others, throwing the entire ships center of mass out of balance. 

If there was the ability to select multiple fuel tanks and evenly distribute fuel among them, that would be pretty neat. 

8 hours ago, sawg said:

What would be cool is the ability to evenly distribute fuel across multiple tanks.

A problem I have is when I've come back from a planet using a small scouting vessel and want to fill up its fuel tanks with the tanks on the main mothership. However when you do this, it usually leaves one tank significantly less full and therefore lighter than the others, throwing the entire ships center of mass out of balance. 

If there was the ability to select multiple fuel tanks and evenly distribute fuel among them, that would be pretty neat. 

You can do that in KSP 1. Just hold RightAlt (or RightShift for Linux users) and right-click on all of the tanks you want to fill, then on the source tank, press "out".

2 hours ago, KSP_linux0191 said:

You can do that in KSP 1. Just hold RightAlt (or RightShift for Linux users) and right-click on all of the tanks you want to fill, then on the source tank, press "out".

That doesn't do it evenly if the fuel is already uneven. A balance button would be nice to have.