KSP 2 Ideas that don't merit their own thread.

On 11/26/2021 at 5:06 PM, Pthigrivi said:

Centrifuge parts that have radial attachment points when deployed so you could customize massive rings for stations and colony ships. 

It would also be cool if the curved ring parts could be configured to have a custom curvature radius to make them bigger or smaller, that is if we get ring sections as parts and not the whole ring. It also makes me wonder if we will be able to attach together, for example, two separate parts that are themselves attached to something else (allowing us to close rings).

Landing cushions, And I also really hope for screen effects and visual effects. Like refraction from hot engines, water effects on the screen and droplets on ships when going through clouds, and also realistic stuff like hot and cold and kerbals being able to freeze in cold environments if there are no radiators in colonies or coolers for colonies on hot planets. Just some ideas i have i really hope get added.

Edited by siklidkid

i would also ADORE that for planets with rings that you can see their rings from the atmosphere. The bigger the ring, The more visible it is!

And maybe also more buildings on Kerbin, to bring the planet life

On 1/12/2022 at 7:52 PM, siklidkid said:

Landing cushions, And I also really hope for screen effects and visual effects. Like refraction from hot engines, water effects on the screen and droplets on ships when going through clouds, and also realistic stuff like hot and cold and kerbals being able to freeze in cold environments if there are no radiators in colonies or coolers for colonies on hot planets. Just some ideas i have i really hope get added.

I have Waterfall and I absolutely love what it does with jet engines!  Hope it's like that in KSP2
I don't remember exactly which configs I'm using but it looks like this
https://imgur.com/a/z9qpdqy

more actual discovery not just going to places on a fully mapped out system, and repair missions like with telescopes. and maybe even debris cleaning mission. i would also like ksp2 to be a bit more oconomy based because in ksp 1 you barely have to think about money

• 4 weeks later...

Instead of having maneuver mode planners, allow maneuver nodes to be dragged along the orbit of the body your are orbiting to facilitate interplanetary transfers. No more clicking “next orbit” a thousand  times to get to the transfer window or having a computer make the orbit for you, simply move the maneuver mode just like when rendezvousing or going to the Mun. 

Add treads part for slippery and icy worlds where using normal wheels would be very slippery but with treads you would be able to drive normally.

Add lithobraking airbags like the ones Spirit and Opportunity used.

Hot parts like engines that were running, geothermal power plants and ore refineries  will emit steam in cold biomes (the poles for example).

When a Kerbal takes off their helmet in a cold biome, you can see their breath.

Edited by gussi111

• 2 weeks later...

This is more of a DLC sort of idea and I do not at all expect this to be in the game at launch but I thought it was still worth saying so here I am. I was thinking something like a planetary terraforming feature. (see why I said this shouldn't be added at launch?) Basically the atmospheric and surface conditions of every sufficiently large celestial body is no longer static and instead can be changed with unique colony buildings or megaprojects. For example, you could build greenhouse gas factories or artificial magnetospheres to thicken the atmosphere of a planet like Duna. Or you could build giant sun shades in orbit to cool down a planet that's too hot.  Once the conditions are more survivable you could import plant life from Kerbin or a different habitable colony, or just make plant seeds yourself on-site, and spread the seeds across the planet to grow into plant life that supplies the atmosphere with oxygen. With enough time and effort the planet would become habitable to the point where life support is not needed and Kerbals could remove their helmets and walk freely on the surface. There may also be things like increased resource production or new colony infrastructure on more habitable celestial bodies that could encourage terraforming. This is just a small amount of what I imagined and I absolutely do not expect this to be in the game at launch. But I think it could be an interesting idea for a DLC or something else later after the games release.

3 hours ago, Kerb24 said:

The ability to paint parts silver.

Good news, when you paint parts, they will lose some metallic sheen but by default they will be highly reflective metal. 

2 hours ago, The Laythean said:

something like a planetary terraforming feature.

This would be absolutely amazing and unless the devs have done an amazing job with modding access, I don’t see a way that mods could do this justice, so yeah definitely DLC material. On the other hand, this is a challenging and complex system to implement and would take a lot more work than adding something like cave systems or underwater exploration, so I expect the devs to not release something like this for a while if they work on it at all. 

One thing I would like to see is something like an acclivity ring from the book Skyward. I don’t know if that would work with the game physics, but if it did, it would definitely end up being a really cool system to play with at max level tech tree.  (if you haven’t heard of the book, here is the link to the author’s  website: https://www.brandonsanderson.com/skyward-series/#SKYWARD

1 hour ago, Zozaf Kerman said:

One thing I would like to see is something like an acclivity ring from the book Skyward. I don’t know if that would work with the game physics, but if it did, it would definitely end up being a really cool system to play with at max level tech tree.  (if you haven’t heard of the book, here is the link to the author’s  website: https://www.brandonsanderson.com/skyward-series/#SKYWARD

Too sci-fi probably. Maybe...

Would fit in in a mod though.

I know, that's nothing important or has nothing to do with space, but... sometimes Kerbin seems to be a little bit unpopulated... maybe, when we already get colonies on other planes, we could also get cities? ... just little ones... or, maybe not even real ones, but just as texture (or lights when it is dark) so that you can see something when you orbit around Kerbin? ... maybe you could also give bad reputation points if you drop old stages to those cities? ...

oh and... about the orbit decay... I think, it should be implemented for those parts that enter the atmosphere regularly (e.g. debris that has an periapsis of about 10 km... it's just insane, that we have to deorbit it "by hand")...

On 2/24/2022 at 6:42 PM, Kerb24 said:

The ability to paint parts silver.

Yes, Engineers with time on their hands during long transfers should be on "corrosion control" duty painting the outside of the craft to cover up micrometeorite pits.  Kerbals who've misbehaved should be put on these work crews for the Engineer to boss around for awhile

If you want it to be scientifficly accurate, which it will be, for a challenge if you were in medium-low altitude of a gas giant you couldn't transmit anything, cause of science. Also maybe pressure that can crumple parts, and also heat shields that will turn black based on how charred they got.

The gas giant no transmit should be an option that you can turn off/on in the game's settings.

Or, to get around this, laser antennas because normal radio waves can't go through gas giants.

22 minutes ago, TheOrbitalMechanic said:

This one's actually in KSP 1! I tested it once by mounting an engine right in front of a heat shield.

That means it'll most likely be implemented!

I also think they should add animations for doors opening and closing and the kerbalnaut coming out/going in on parts with doors.