(Playstation) Question about construction/staging.

I’m probably not good at explaining this but I’ll try my best. Okay so first, for example let’s say you wanted to attach 4 radial decouplers by using the radial symmetry 4 function on a ship and after putting them on it shows that decoupler/division symbol on your staging along with a little green 4. So basically that would obviously mean all 4 decouplers would decouple in whatever stage they’re in. But how are you suppose to “split” those decouplers in their stage? And what I mean by split is turn that one decoupler symbol with a green 4 on it into 4 symbols with 1,2,3, and 4. I don’t know what this is called and have no idea how to really do it on console. What do I have to do in order to “split” them?

You're asking this question in the general forum instead of the dedicated console one, so you may not be getting the attention of the people that might have a more useful answer. I'll try, but I'm a PC player.

11 hours ago, TIMEFORSPACEPEOPLE said:

But how are you suppose to “split” those decouplers in their stage? And what I mean by split is turn that one decoupler symbol with a green 4 on it into 4 symbols with 1,2,3, and 4. I don’t know what this is called and have no idea how to really do it on console. What do I have to do in order to “split” them?

Expanding and 'splitting' a symmetric part group in the staging list, on PC:

• Go to the decoupler icon with the '4', and left-click the icon. The icon  immediately expands into 4 individual icons numbered 1-4. All four icons have a green highlight now.
  • Now, left-click just one of those individual icons (same action/button again). The green highlight of just that one part disappears. What that means is, whatever you do next with the still-highlighted parts, the one without highlight will not be a part of.
  • Make a new empty stage by clicking one of the '+' signs.
  • So now left-click and hold one of the still-highlighted parts and pull them into the empty stage. Voila, you just left the not-highlighted part of the symmetry group behind all by itself in a stage... effectively 'splitting' it so you can stage it separately.

This is how it works with a PC and a mouse. I don't know how some of those actions are done on a console, with a controller.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.