Space Station Freedom - A Kerbalized recreation of Space Station Freedom from Eyes Turned Skywards

On 10/14/2021 at 2:46 PM, BekfastDerp13 said:

I wonder what module comes next to the station?

Yeah, I was gonna do Minotaur, but the parts don’t really exist. There was one guy who had a mod for it, but he hasn’t responded to my DM’s. Next up is Expedition 7, P2 Truss, Expedition 8 and then the Centrifuge Gravity Laboratory. I’m currently taking a short break to work on other things tho  

2 hours ago, AmateurAstronaut1969 said:

Yeah, I was gonna do Minotaur, but the parts don’t really exist. There was one guy who had a mod for it, but he hasn’t responded to my DM’s. Next up is Expedition 7, P2 Truss, Expedition 8 and then the Centrifuge Gravity Laboratory. I’m currently taking a short break to work on other things tho  

I mean I think you can kinda kitbash Minotaur with KNES parts 

9 hours ago, AmateurAstronaut1969 said:

Anything in Near Future Spacecraft work?

2 hours ago, TheSaint said:

Anything in Near Future Spacecraft work?

Nope

9 hours ago, Neebel said:

I mean I think you can kinda kitbash Minotaur with KNES parts 

Not really. The capsule is the part I need. The Capsule KNES has looks nothing like the Minotaur capsule. KNES has everything else

8 hours ago, billbobjebkirk said:

Or maybe with fairings?

Im sorry, but definitely not. I don’t enjoy things like Stock replicas that are made with fairings. They just don’t look good at all.

I think the best option is probably just to skip it out. It’s not a major module to the station, or a crew flight, so I’m mission out like the AARDV’s. There are loads of AARDV flights, probably like 1 a month, but A- they aren’t documented on the mission list, B-There’s so many it’ll get boring. Same with Minotaur. When the AARDV block II parts come out in BDB, I’ll probably make an AARDV mission, and if the guy gets back to me with the Minotaur, I’ll make that too

2 hours ago, AmateurAstronaut1969 said:

Not really. The capsule is the part I need. The Capsule KNES has looks nothing like the Minotaur capsule. KNES has everything else

I can only speak for myself but I think this looks close enough (tweakscaled Minotaur capsule from KNES and kitbashed service module, found somewhere on the forums)

)9hp2iYO.png

Edited by Neebel

A quick question. How do you plan to launch kibo and exposed facility? On two seperate M02s or in stack on H03? If on separate launches will exposed facility recive OMS or will there be a tug to deliver it?
Also it was not quite clear to me how do you moved z00 truss from challenger front port to the top of the module?

1 hour ago, ra4nd0m said:

A quick question. How do you plan to launch kibo and exposed facility? On two seperate M02s or in stack on H03? If on separate launches will exposed facility recive OMS or will there be a tug to deliver it?
Also it was not quite clear to me how do you moved z00 truss from challenger front port to the top of the module?

Okay, let me answer question 2 first. In actual ETS, the S0 truss was on the top of Challenger anyway. When I started this recreation, I wasn’t very good and cut corners. The bad truss I was using at the time didn’t fit, so I stuck it on the top. The truss I use now would have fit horizontally like in ETS

Then about the Kibo Exposed Facility. It fits in the fairing of an M02. It’s that simple lol