What do you do with asteroids after mining them?

iR80

30 minutes ago, Caerfinon said:

Or you could use Asteroid Recycling Technologies and make it a big storage tank in space.

I don't know why, but I honestly thought you could do that in stock KSP, but I guess not

48 minutes ago, Stamp20 said:

Once they've been mined, there's no practical use for asteroids. You can terminate them in the tracking station or you can try to land them to use as a very expensive decoration for the KSC.

Time to build a giant wall made entirely out of asteroids around the KSC to protect it, i guess

1 hour ago, fourfa said:

Claw them together in a graveyard orbit, build a new moon

I hope KSP 2 actually supports merging asteroids to make bigger asteroids. I'd actually try to build a planet bigger than Stephenson 2-18 just to see what'd happen

Edited by iR80
phrasing

Assemble them into station...

fual3uV.png

In this specific case, i made sorta replica of omega from mass effect...

zXQRZNX.png

That or just make them into asteroid fields and see if you can navigate them without spontaneously exploding on contact with one...

2 hours ago, fourfa said:

Claw them together in a graveyard orbit, build a new moon

This is actually something I was thinking about doing in my current career game once I'm done with all my current missions, but with asteroids that haven't been mined out yet: Build a giant  station complex  out of at least 27 of them in the shape of the Borg cube. 

2 hours ago, herbal space program said:

This is actually something I was thinking about doing in my current career game once I'm done with all my current missions, but with asteroids that haven't been mined out yet: Build a giant  station complex  out of at least 27 of them in the shape of the Borg cube. 

I'm actually doing something kinda like that, except I'm randomly attaching them to one another using claws and adding more claws to help keep them together. So far I've got 4 asteroids, but I don't have enough E class asteroids. I might throw in a comet or two but comet physics are wonky

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.