Mk3 parts prior to v0.90.0

I'm trying to bring the wiki up-to-date, and I noticed something interesting on the Mk3 to Mk2 Adapter page. Apparently, this part was added in v0.15; however, apart from the Mk3 Cockpit (also v0.15), every Mk3 part I found was added in v0.90 (or later).

To any old-timers around here: Was this the case? Or were the adapter and cockpit actually added in v0.90, along with the other Mk3 parts? Or were there other Mk3 parts from v0.15? The wiki tends to be accurate about this early stuff, so I'm not sure what to think.

4 hours ago, AlpacaMall said:

I'm trying to bring the wiki up-to-date, and I noticed something interesting on the Mk3 to Mk2 Adapter page. Apparently, this part was added in v0.15; however, apart from the Mk3 Cockpit (also v0.15), every Mk3 part I found was added in v0.90 (or later).

To any old-timers around here: Was this the case? Or were the adapter and cockpit actually added in v0.90, along with the other Mk3 parts? Or were there other Mk3 parts from v0.15? The wiki tends to be accurate about this early stuff, so I'm not sure what to think.

The Readme gives you the answers:

ChangeLog:

=================================== v0.90.0 Beta =======================================================

New:

<snip>

Parts (Mk3 Spaceplane Set):
* Added 15 new 'Mk3' parts:
    - Mk3 Cockpit (IVA is blank atm)
    - 3 Mk3 Rocket Fuel Tanks (2.5m, 5m, 10m versions)
    - 3 Mk3 Liquid Fuel Tanks (2.5m, 5m, 10m versions)
    - Mk3 MonoProp Tank
    - Mk3 Crew Tank (holds 16 Kerbals, IVA is blank)
    - Mk3 - Mk2 Adapter
    - Mk3 - 1.25m Adapter
    - Mk3 - 2.5m Adapter (slanted)
    - 1.25m to Mk2 Adapter
    - 1.25m to 2.5m Adapter
    - 1.25m to 2.5m Adapter (slanted)
    - 3.75m to Mk3 Adapter
    - Mk3 Cargo Bay Long
    - Mk3 Cargo Bay Medium
    - Mk3 Cargo Bay Short
* Old Mk3 cockpit, fuselage and adapter removed.

Notice the last line.

Cue argument about whether the older 'Mk3' parts should really be considered or described as the same parts as the ones that replaced them.

4 hours ago, AlpacaMall said:

Not an old-timer by any stretch, but here: 

Mk3 Cockpit, rocket fuel fuselage, and Mk3-Mk2 adapter all existed before 0.90, but they were a completely different form factor to modern Mk3. So the only thing connecting the pre and post-0.90 Mk3 parts were the name Mk3 and the somewhat-Shuttle look.

Old and new Mk3 to scale. Ethereal circle on far left is normal Size 2 (2.5m).
YRVQvVh.png

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.