we should have first person mode in eva's

anyone want this too? I'd be amazing tp land a whole mission in iva first person then eva first person, planting a flag etc, I'd be easy for the devs since you can just put an invisible camera in the helmet area, the issue would be now adding breathing effects when running without obstructing the view, reducing the cameras shakiness and stopping the helmet from jumping around causing "space sickness", a future upgrade to the helmet adding it an antenna, better jet pack and a hud, with gps and view of the kerbal explorer relative to the Eva'd ship

main-qimg-ef5d383158798210ee4029be1bc8b7

even further if the mods add an oxygen and Eva fuel you could see the levels here too!

hell let's go further, temperature limits on suits with low upgrades

Never used the mod nor do I care to. KSP isn't about running around in a 1st person view with a kerbal with me. The only 1st person view I care about is landing a plane. If I want to float in space playing with space craft, I'll tear one apart in Hardspace: Shipbreakers. 

3 minutes ago, shdwlrd said:

Never used the mod nor do I care to. KSP isn't about running around in a 1st person view with a kerbal with me. The only 1st person view I care about is landing a plane. If I want to float in space playing with space craft, I'll tear one apart in Hardspace: Shipbreakers. 

we're gonna be able to make better game art, screenshots and movies with it, it doesn't take that much energy and if the devs don't want that then it's ok                                 the possibilities are endless, also what if you're in a parafoil and want to land, or in the external seat, hell even on a glider, you have to think this trough :) 

8 minutes ago, shdwlrd said:

Never used the mod nor do I care to

uh the mod from version 0.25? it doesn't work anymore... there's not even a mod for that currently 

There have been a couple of threads about putting it in the original KSP and each had various opinions about it. As an example:

While I wouldn't mind it being available for KSP 2 for flying craft (space, plane, sub, rover),but I look at it as more of a novelty than necessity. One concern is the amount of dev time and resources it would take to do WELL, and not look like a thrown together POV mess. Would it take needed attention away from other parts of the game, especially if it's not planned for in the beginning? (I assume it's not with all info I have seen on KSP 2 to date)

However there was one thread someone made a very compelling argument for it if KSP were to have targeted VR support. Then of course, there is the MP aspect of the game. 

I guess what I am trying to say is a long-winded version of: Meh, I can take it or leave it as an option if it doesn't detract from the main themes/elements in any way.

:grin:

5 hours ago, Dientus said:

There have been a couple of threads about putting it in the original KSP and each had various opinions about it. As an example:

While I wouldn't mind it being available for KSP 2 for flying craft (space, plane, sub, rover),but I look at it as more of a novelty than necessity. One concern is the amount of dev time and resources it would take to do WELL, and not look like a thrown together POV mess. Would it take needed attention away from other parts of the game, especially if it's not planned for in the beginning? (I assume it's not with all info I have seen on KSP 2 to date)

However there was one thread someone made a very compelling argument for it if KSP were to have targeted VR support. Then of course, there is the MP aspect of the game. 

I guess what I am trying to say is a long-winded version of: Meh, I can take it or leave it as an option if it doesn't detract from the main themes/elements in any way.

:grin:

shouldn't tale that much time, the code for the original mod wasn't a lot, less than a mega byte

My Eva skills aren’t so good so I spend a lot of time looking at the back of the kerbals head trying to hold targeting point steady. 

I’d be in favour of first person EVA for a more interesting view.