Build a Multi-launch space station (Closed)

Closed, new challenge comming soon

*edit: i finally got a B A D challenge idea.*

So, this month's challenge will be a bit harder. You will need to build  a multi launch space station with more than 2 launches, DLC's are allowed and no mods (except graphics ones) are allowed. In this challenge, Mechjeb will not be allowed as it helps you rendezvous. There are a few class of stations:

Light -- crew capacity of 3 to 8, with 2 to 3 docking ports.

Medium -- crew capacity of 9 to 15, with 4 to 6 docking ports, contains a mobile processing lab.

Heavy -- crew capacity of 16 to 25, 7 or more docking ports, contains a lab, and a cupola module.

Super heavy -- crew capacity of more than 20, no less that 5 docking ports, orbiting another celestial body.

REQUIRED PARTS: Probe core, batteries, reaction wheels, communication antennae, solar panels and radiators.

Stations below the light specs will not be approved.

This is mine: The NSS in all it's glory:

f6XinkG.png

The NSS is a class Heavy station in orbit around Kerbin . It has 9 docking ports and a crew capacity of 18. Note that I have 2 Soyuz, an Orion, a Shenzhou and a Sirius docked to it right now. It was constructed in 3 launches, 1 SLS B2 Cargo, and 2 Atlas V 541 launch.

Badge:

jZeBbui.png

Also subscribe to my Youtube and join my discord!

List of approved stations:

Light

Medium

Heavy

Sivako Aerospace Orbital VAB

Nantares Skyhome Outpost

Super Heavy

Sivako Aerospace Venstar II

QF9E Duna Saturn-V Station

Edited by Max von Kerman

screenshot6.png

My build is the Venstar II interplanetary space station. The Venstar II was originally designed to make flights from Kerbin to Duna, but now severs as a science and refueling station in high Duna orbit.

Specifications: 

Crew capacity: 23 kerbals but it can carry up to 35 kerbals

Launches to build: 4

Docking ports: 5 Clamp-O-Tron ports

Current orbit: Duna

Control type: crew or probe

Power source: 8 solar panels and RTGs

Communications array type: RA-15 Relay Antenna

Propulsion : LV-N "Nerv" Atomic Rocket Motors

Meets the requirements for the super heavy classification.

screenshot7.png

It even has a working gravity centrifuge thanks to the DLC motors.

station.gif 

Edited by Sivako Aerospace

Here's my station. 105 seats, 8 docking ports, orbits Duna, 3 separate launches. You'd be amazed at the payload capacity of a 2-stage Saturn V clone (a.k.a "Saturn INT-21", the Skylab launch vehicle). I designed my spacecraft in such a way that each of the 3 components separately satisfies the requirements for a superheavy station.

uxMr0av.png

mzL3Jeo.png

Launch of station component 1. I launched this rocket type three times on three consecutive days during a Duna launch window.

PYjPhBB.png

First look at my station component after fairing deployment. Component has 2 Mk3 passenger cabins, a lab and a cupola, for a total of 35 seats. Since this is the first component, it also carries the central hub of the station.

YR05zC3.png

Docking the final component. This was in fact the part that I launched second; it arrived last as it had to avoid an encounter with the Mun on its way out of the Kerbin system. Note that all the upper stages are still attached - I undocked and deorbited them afterwards. They all crashed into Duna.

Edited by QF9E

• 2 weeks later...

e05screenshot49.png

Here is one of my Kerbin stations The Orbital VAB. This station is intended to build massive interplanetary and/or interstellar ships (if you have mods that add star systems) that couldn't be launch from the KSC without issues. The image above shows an ion driven interplanetary ship being assembled. 

Specifications :

Crew capacity: 7 (1 pilot, 6 engineers)  Note: This don’t include the docked transport shuttle.

Launches to build: 3

Docking ports: 8 plus two movable ones at the front.

Power source: solar panels

Spoiler

e8ascreenshot42.png

233screenshot47.png
There are parts on the station for a robotic arm that were launched as part of an SSTO mission, but I haven’t had time to assemble it yet.

79dscreenshot48.png

Note: The solar array docked at the back, the ion drive in the center, and the cargo probe on the upper right hand side are not permanent parts of the station.

Edited by Sivako Aerospace

On 8/2/2021 at 2:10 PM, Max von Kerman said:

Hmm...are there any Kerbin stations?

here's my entry...The Skyhome Kerbin Outpost Space Station "The Alpha Isekai" 

9Tpxoc2.png

XWTC6rI.png

It has 2x lab modules,2x cupola modules,4x small docking ports(inflatable airlock)and 5x standard docking ports.

maximum crew capacity:34(docked ship not counted)

CMHYxO7.png

this is what its originally look like(it won't be approved for this entry:P)

MOAR PICTURE HERE

On 8/19/2021 at 12:02 AM, Nantares said:

here's my entry...The Skyhome Kerbin Outpost Space Station "The Alpha Isekai" 

9Tpxoc2.png

XWTC6rI.png

It has 2x lab modules,2x cupola modules,4x small docking ports(inflatable airlock)and 5x standard docking ports.

maximum crew capacity:34(docked ship not counted)

CMHYxO7.png

this is what its originally look like(it won't be approved for this entry:P)

MOAR PICTURE HERE

You got it!

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.