Kerbal Space Progam 1.12.2 is live!

UomoCapra

I was just trying the "Advanced Construction" tutorial, before and after the latest update. I'd gotten part way through the tutorial, and couldn't proceed after attaching the four stabilizers. After the update, I found the LV-T45 Swivel engine is no longer available in the tutorial -- after restarting the tutorial several times -- so I can't proceed past that early step.

Cool

17 minutes ago, FoolishOwl said:

I was just trying the "Advanced Construction" tutorial, before and after the latest update. I'd gotten part way through the tutorial, and couldn't proceed after attaching the four stabilizers. After the update, I found the LV-T45 Swivel engine is no longer available in the tutorial -- after restarting the tutorial several times -- so I can't proceed past that early step.

what?
thats wierd

I've been modding KSP since 2013. It is surreal to think that KSP 1.12.2 could very well be the last time that KSP is updated. But well done @SQUAD, thank you for so many years of great updates! I look forward to many more adventures in KSP before KSP 2 is released. :)

I was searching for this thread appeared yesterday, it seems it has been moved from "The Daily Kerbal" to "Announcements".
It seems also some messages have been shuffled and they no longer appear in the original time order.
I can't even find my message in "my activity" page, anyway it has not been deleted, like some other, it has only been marked as "hidden" and the background color is now pink.
From what I remember, this is the first time I see a pink message.
These "hidden/pink" messages
are however still visible for everyone, even for unregistered users, so I was therefore just wondering why they were marked as "hidden".

Edited by antipro

1 hour ago, antipro said:

It seems also some messages have been shuffled and they no longer appear in the original time order.

It appears the forum software had a hiccup, it should be okay now.

Edited by James Kerman
grammark

So, no fix of the robotic drift bug, and no reversion of docking ports to the form that didn't cause robotic drift?

Well... autostrutting will help... I guess this essentially means that ships will wear out over time though, as the robotic drift bug makes them more and more deformed.

Any news on when console will be finalised.

Not trying to take away from the great progress being made for pc.

However it's been a fairly long time since we had any kind of update or rough timeline for the  console port being finished.

Not whinging just excited to try the new on site/orbital construction abilities aswell as lots of great QOL improvements. (Manouver planner etc)

Great update and thanks for the huge list of bug fixes! And quite a bit sooner than expected :)

Still sad to hear that this really is the end for KSP1.x...  there's still quite a few things which could do with a tweak or a fix!  I know it's a long shot, but I don't suppose there's any chance at all of open-sourcing the game once KSP2 is released??

Having problems using any of the Windows x64 updaters.

On selecting the same KSP install folder used for the last update, I get "Please select a valid Kerbal Space Program folder."

If necessary I'll make a full reinstall but I have very little free disk space to make that happen. Anyone see this?

22 minutes ago, OrbitsR4Sissies said:

On selecting the same KSP install folder used for the last update, I get "Please select a valid Kerbal Space Program folder."

If necessary I'll make a full reinstall but I have very little free disk space to make that happen. Anyone see this?

I had the exact same problem when 1.10  dropped and the only way I got it to work was downloading the full game and running the installer on my existing folder. Haven't had it happen after it, though

3 hours ago, OrbitsR4Sissies said:

Same issue here...

5 hours ago, Just a random person said:

I had the exact same problem when 1.10  dropped and the only way I got it to work was downloading the full game and running the installer on my existing folder. Haven't had it happen after it, though

Thanks.

This is my first game install that includes a butt-ton of graphics mods, which might be affecting things. Rather than bothering the devs, I'll work on a re-install somehow.

34 minutes ago, OrbitsR4Sissies said:

I'll work on a re-install somehow.

Just download the installer and IIRC it will detect you already have a KSP install, then it'll just update the existing one without messing with your saves or anything. It'll just use unnecessary disk space and the download will take some time.

At least that's how I remember it worked for me

34 minutes ago, OrbitsR4Sissies said:

This is my first game install that includes a butt-ton of graphics mods, which might be affecting things.

I didn't have any mods back then, so I  think it's just the upgrade patches acting up.

Weird thing tho, as for me the 1.12.x to 1.12.2 patch worked just fine

Edited by Just a random person
Typos

~funny noise when infinite fuel cheat is active.

I think bugs like that should stay if you're using cheats.

One, as a punishment for cheating but, as also, as a reminder that "Hey! This cheat is still active, yo!" for when you inevitably forget to turn it off.