Kerbal Space Progam 1.12.2 is live!

UomoCapra

2 hours ago, Mahnarch said:

I think bugs like that should stay if you're using cheats.

One, as a punishment for cheating but, as also, as a reminder that "Hey! This cheat is still active, yo!" for when you inevitably forget to turn it off.

Why? Why punish or penalize a player in his or her game, a single player only game mind you for using cheats that are available for use as a tool provided by the developers? If it was multiplayer, and said cheats were detrimental to an even and fair game then sure. But in single player? No. Just no. 

Its a single player game and in the end, let players play how they want. No one way is more correct or right than another. 

just my thoughts.

1 hour ago, GoSlash27 said:

goNINuf.jpg

I wonder why they decided to make the engine bell on the LV-T30 look so.... weird.

Best,

-Slashy

Besides the reference to Porkjet's part redesigns, I think it might also be a reference to the A-7 engine, which powered the Redstone rocket. Of course, it could be referencing a different engine altogether...

http://www.astronautix.com/a/a-7.html

Although new content is always nice, im glad that you guys finally finished and can focus what little time there is for KSP1 now on bugfixes.

I know its a longshot, but i really REALLY hope that one day the memory leak will be fixed, its not unplayable, but it sucks having to restart the game every 20 or so scene changes (and i know it isnt mods, the issue is there even in bone stock)... 

One day... 

Maybee... 

Hopefully.......

2 hours ago, GoSlash27 said:

I wonder why they decided to make the engine bell on the LV-T30 look so.... weird.

I wonder if they sanity-checked the automatically-generated drag cube, or if the thrust axis is aligned with the center of the model...Or any other thing you learn in your first week of drafting school.

On 8/3/2021 at 7:00 PM, UomoCapra said:

[...]

Even though we still may release a minor patch here and there when needed, with this patch we are officially completing the 1.12 update, as well as the sustained development of the original KSP, as we are now shifting gears towards the development of KSP2.

[...]

You can still  help us find bugs/issues by reporting them into our bugtracker, but keep in mind that we’re shifting our attention to KSP2 development and bug fixing for the original game will be slowed down significantly from now on.

Already found 2 potential bugs with the ground anchor and have another regarding folders.

I'll be in touch :D

19 minutes ago, Curveball Anders said:

The chance that they would give away their IP and create a free competitor to KSP2 is extremely close to zero.

It can be like Open Xcom, where the files of the original game are required

17 hours ago, GoSlash27 said:

1. To make you suffer without KSP-2 and buy it asap.

2. To create a rational reason why KSP engines are so heavy relative to their thrust.
And what reason can be better than a meter-wide thick ring of metal welded to the nozzle?

3. A ballast to keep the rocket vertical.

... and there was me thinking that Bill had used a batch of them in a combined engine/landing leg experiment.  Either that or Jeb had released the clamps before hitting the ignition button a few times too many.

On 8/3/2021 at 10:12 PM, dok_377 said:

You might want to check that again, I'm afraid. That has nothing to do with autostruts, even locked docking ports are pretty much just as susceptible to drifting as unlocked ones. Literally nothing changed. 

This is a showstopper for any complex station or vehicle.

So I dare to ask @UomoCapra for a minor fix on this issue? 

My hope and guess is the docking port related issues will be fixed later in a smaller patch/quick-fix since its too disruptive.

I also assume it wasn't included in this patch because the problem is difficult to fix/pin-down as would be the case for many physics related issues. 

7 minutes ago, MKI said:

My hope and guess is the docking port related issues will be fixed later in a smaller patch/quick-fix since its too disruptive.

I also assume it wasn't included in this patch because the problem is difficult to fix/pin-down as would be the case for many physics related issues. 

I really hope so. So please, dear squad team, can you confirm that for this really disrupting issue is a bugfix in the pipeline? That would be really really nice.

Please communicate to us upon this disruptive wide spread issue. @UomoCapra Will there be a fix?

E.g. i have many complex stations, and their sections drift to very very ugly positions. It's really really a visual immersion breaker.

3 hours ago, kerbiloid said:

1. To make you suffer without KSP-2 and buy it asap.

2. To create a rational reason why KSP engines are so heavy relative to their thrust.
And what reason can be better than a meter-wide thick ring of metal welded to the nozzle?

3. A ballast to keep the rocket vertical.

Or, more likely, as @Beriev pointed out:

19 hours ago, Beriev said:

Besides the reference to Porkjet's part redesigns, I think it might also be a reference to the A-7 engine, which powered the Redstone rocket. Of course, it could be referencing a different engine altogether...

http://www.astronautix.com/a/a-7.html

2 hours ago, Casper_83 said:

Anyone know if KSP2 will have an other type of game engine? 

I guess many of the problems we still have come from KSPs game engine.

Its been confirmed it is still Unity, although perhaps a much more heavily modified Unity engine but that is just speculation.

12 hours ago, schwank said:

The docking ports seem ok now, my station was once again rigid and not wobbling like a wet noodle on the verge of a kraken induced RUD

Did you try timewarp (physics and normal)… i locked my ports and the stuff drifted… 

anyone else experienced this? 

24 minutes ago, Rakete said:

Did you try timewarp (physics and normal)… i locked my ports and the stuff drifted… 

anyone else experienced this? 

Locking docking ports ONLY allows autostruts through, it was never made to fix the drift.

Yep. Definitely an issue. Here's my bug report that I did for this on the 18th of July

https://bugs.kerbalspaceprogram.com/issues/28311

1.11 and all previous versions crafts with docking ports and excluding robotics would snap back into position on timewarp/reloading scene.

This doesn't happen in 1.12, the video in my bug report shows the test craft (with 1 docking port) giving a little each time timewarp is disengaged.

In my opinion 1.12 is broken unless they give us at least a docking port variant that is using the old code. It confuses me why @SQUADare ignoring this issue.

I love 1.12 except for the rotational docking ports causing drift.

22 hours ago, Curveball Anders said:

The chance that they would give away their IP and create a free competitor to KSP2 is extremely close to zero.

Open source can have restrictive licensing. They could allow pull requests from fans while retaining full rights.

As for competition, if they do a good job on the sequel it'll only be die hard fans who continue playing the original (and most of those will buy the sequel regardless).

They're probably not going to do it, because corporations are gonna corporate, but the arguments against aren't nearly as strong as you'd think.

On 8/4/2021 at 7:45 PM, AlamoVampire said:

Why? Why punish or penalize a player in his or her game, a single player only game mind you for using cheats that are available for use as a tool provided by the developers? If it was multiplayer, and said cheats were detrimental to an even and fair game then sure. But in single player? No. Just no. 

Its a single player game and in the end, let players play how they want. No one way is more correct or right than another. 

Granted it's a single player and you can play as you wish but, I think that if cheats are available people can get used to using them  and have a "bail out" for the tiniest of things. Skills degrade over time.

But, my main concern is the people who live stream or have videos where they proclaim they are God-Kings at a game and are later busted using cheats

"I am the best there is at this game!"  [Headshots auto-aim 'ON']

"Landing is so easy! Ya'll are just newbs!" [Indestructible mode 'ON']

Most people laugh at someone who's busted using cheats like that but, I just feel bad for them and know it could have been avoided if there were an obvious indicator that they couldn't deny knowing while trying to save face, afterwards - like that one girl who swore up and down that her "room mate put cheats on her computer" ...the computer that was in her room... that her room mate never used. And, she just kept digging herself deeper and deeper. :(