Kerbal Space Progam 1.12.2 is live!

UomoCapra

Chears Vanamonde.

A long Time don't see.

Chears for the developers too.

Hope to soon come back to this awesome game and update my mod Omicron to it. And to 2.0 in the near future.

Edited by Climberfx

Sooooo... what about some infos about 1.12.3 and a fix for the root issue of dockingport drifting? 

The modders have no information if it makes sense to adapt their mods with dockingports to the bugfix mod or to wait for an official fix. Please give us some info about the timeline.

Their invested time is also valuable! Thanks. 

Edited by Rakete

1 hour ago, Rakete said:

Sooooo... what about some infos about 1.12.3 and a fix for the root issue of dockingport drifting? 

The modders have no information if it makes sense to adapt their mods with dockingports to the bugfix mod or to wait for an official fix. Please give us some info about the timeline.

Their invested time is also valuable! Thanks. 

Thought this was made clear already.
As Uomo said in the opening post:

Even though we still may release a minor patch here and there when needed, with this patch we are officially completing the 1.12 update, as well as the sustained development of the original KSP, as we are now shifting gears towards the development of KSP2.

and as I stated here:

and here:

As I commented here:

--》 sooo, to my mind it's not clear.

Uomo said minor patch here & there when needed. Very foggy statement. What does this mean?

You wrote somewhere: "You can also wait for an official patch". Ahh yeah... This is what I meant in the statement I linked above. These are more than foggy statements. This is not the information base, on which the modding guys can make their descisions. See in the linked posting to understand what I mean.

i wish there was an option to turn off the cheats menu, it kinda ruins the game for me.

On 8/5/2021 at 8:42 AM, kerbiloid said:

1. To make you suffer without KSP-2 and buy it asap.

2. To create a rational reason why KSP engines are so heavy relative to their thrust.
And what reason can be better than a meter-wide thick ring of metal welded to the nozzle?

3. A ballast to keep the rocket vertical.

i use restock, so i haven't seen it in game yet

Hi KSP team,
I understand you guys have moved on to the 2nd game and everything said regarding KSP possible future patches however just to correlate, KSP staff did mention in a few different posts, here and on steam that there may be a small patch here or there, does that mean you still have people working on KSP 1 specifically? or people working on KSP 2 will "between tasks" add or fix additional things in KSP 1?
Don't get me wrong, i am perfectly happy with KSP 1 in its current state, i just wish to know when the game will no longer be changed so i can play careers now as well as learn the mechanics of the current state without fear of changes.
I ask because when you said there will be a hotfix and/or patch whenever that may be, is there a possibility of an update a year from now when someone decides "oh this feature we put in KSP 2 can work on KSP 1, lets add it as a promotional free dlc" ?  or are we looking at "We are ahead of schedule on KSP 2, lets go through KSP 1 and see if there is any fixes or changes we can do".
I just wish to know when the game will be "done" is there a possibility of a time frame on a "final" patch?
Thanks for the great game,
Sav

Edited by Sav

14 hours ago, Fletch4 said:

i wish there was an option to turn off the cheats menu, it kinda ruins the game for me.

There is, it's called 'willpower'.

I find it useful personally.  For testing stuff in a sandbox save, where I 'pretend' it's an R&D simulator.  And for recovering from glitches/bugs etc.

6 hours ago, pandaman said:

There is, it's called 'willpower'.

I find it useful personally.  For testing stuff in a sandbox save, where I 'pretend' it's an R&D simulator.  And for recovering from glitches/bugs etc.

the problem for me is, i do these super ambitious projects, in only a little amount of time, and when it inevitably fails and i forget to quicksave, i just use cheats. and once its open, theres no going back.

17 hours ago, Fletch4 said:

the problem for me is, i do these super ambitious projects, in only a little amount of time, and when it inevitably fails and i forget to quicksave, i just use cheats. and once its open, theres no going back.

You could try sticking a drawing pin point up on the F12 key.  It won't stop it working, but it will discourage you a bit.

Seriously though, if that is your 'style of play' and you enjoy it, what's the problem?

I often use 'Set Orbit >Rendezvous' as a substitute for 'automated' launches for repetetive refuelling runs. 

On 9/6/2021 at 12:31 PM, pandaman said:

For testing stuff in a sandbox save, where I 'pretend' it's an R&D simulator.  And for recovering from glitches/bugs etc.

Same here, I always keep a sandbox save named JPL to test and evaluate.
Sometimes copying designs between that save and my 'main' career save.

On 9/5/2021 at 3:58 AM, JPLRepo said:

Thought this was made clear already.
As Uomo said in the opening post:

and as I stated here:

and here:

This is clear as mud. Just release a patch, then you can move on.

On 9/5/2021 at 10:10 PM, Fletch4 said:

You don't like the alt-f12 menue? So don't use it. It's as simple as that.

But it's precious for bugtesting/reproducing for mods.

26 minutes ago, dlrk said:

This is clear as mud. Just release a patch, then you can move on.

Or install the community fix pack. Works for me. I think there won't be a patch anytime soon. And the squad community manager guys are not couragous enough to point this out in clear unmistakeable words, I would guess...

9 hours ago, Serenity said:

Switch the input to Alt+F4.

im on mac. forgot to mention that

2 hours ago, Climberfx said:

They should fix/edit the title on this Thread.

"Kerbal Space Progam 1.12.2 is live!"

Where is the second "r" on program? This is a development thread, should be spelled right!

Cheers!

as some have said about certain bugs in the game, "it adds flair."

Not to provoke any further arguements, but would it not be prudent to stamp out all remaining bugs/issues on KSP 1 so you can dedicate all your resources to KSP 2?
That way people can continue to play ksp 1 without any further problems, modders can do as they please to their hearts content and people who want a finished product to enjoy without having to install
updates or starting again can do so in peace? 
I have been waiting 4 years for the "final" patch so i can enjoy my career without having to start again and adapting to the changes, finish the game and let it come to rest please, stop dragging this out any longer?

18 hours ago, Sav said:

Not to provoke any further arguements, but would it not be prudent to stamp out all remaining bugs/issues on KSP 1 so you can dedicate all your resources to KSP 2?
That way people can continue to play ksp 1 without any further problems, modders can do as they please to their hearts content and people who want a finished product to enjoy without having to install
updates or starting again can do so in peace? 
I have been waiting 4 years for the "final" patch so i can enjoy my career without having to start again and adapting to the changes, finish the game and let it come to rest please, stop dragging this out any longer?

With something as complex as KSP, there is no such thing as stamping out all remaining bugs. At some point you have to call it "good enough". They have devoted the rest of their resources to KSP 2, which is why we haven't seen another bugfix patch in a month and probably won't for some unknown time more.

Edited by Xavven

9 hours ago, Xavven said:

With something as complex as KSP, there is no such thing as stamping out all remaining bugs. At some point you have to call it "good enough". They have devoted the rest of their resources to KSP 2, which is why we haven't seen another bugfix patch in a month and probably won't for some unknown time more.

But that is the point isn't it? they are aware of bugs, one of the developers stated they have stopped sustained development on the game and that they will patch the game when they have time. 

Why not just stamp out whatever is left that they feel they need to fix and tell us players the game is complete, there won't be any more updates. 

Hence players and modders can enjoy the game without anymore updates and changes to worry about, is that not logical? From a financial standpoint and for the playerbases happiness.

4 hours ago, Sav said:

But that is the point isn't it? they are aware of bugs, one of the developers stated they have stopped sustained development on the game and that they will patch the game when they have time. 

Why not just stamp out whatever is left that they feel they need to fix and tell us players the game is complete, there won't be any more updates. 

Hence players and modders can enjoy the game without anymore updates and changes to worry about, is that not logical? From a financial standpoint and for the playerbases happiness.

Nothing we say here is changing their minds, but to help you understand, software development is a business. They aren't going to make enough money bug fixing KSP 1 at this point. KSP 2 is very likely to be profitable, on the other hand.

On 9/10/2021 at 1:58 AM, Sav said:

Also world peace. As long as we are asking for things that have no chance of happening, I'll throw that request in. :-)

And a pony. I want a pony. Um... actually, no I don't. Too much trouble to take care of. :-(

4 minutes ago, rmaine said:

Also world peace. As long as we are asking for things that have no chance of happening, I'll throw that request in. :-)

And a pony. I want a pony. Um... actually, no I don't. Too much trouble to take care of. :-(

Just a pony?