Do you know how to level up kerbals to level 5?

So I just recently switched playing from a science mode to a career mode, and I was wondering if I could level up my kerbals to a 5 star either in the cheat menu or is there a option that I missed that levels kerbals to 5 stars in the create game menu

If you want to cheat, there are several ways to do it.

Not sure if there is an in-game method, never looked to be honest.

But, for example, you could directly edit one of your save games or preferably you could use KML to do it.  It's also a very handy tool for minor vessel repairs or recovery, and if you are careful you can even do some limited upgrades to already launched vessels.  I used this to convert a couple of my interplanetary shuttles to nuclear engines and liquid fuel only (sort of a refit in orbit)

Personally I prefer the career challenge of leveling the crews up naturally by moving them around the solar system on missions, but that's the beauty of KSP, we can all choose our own path.

To level up to level 3 all it takes is planting flags on the Mun and Minmus, so to get level 5 I’d imagine adding a few other planets and moons would do- Duna/Ike, Gilly and possibly Eeloo or Dres. If you want to just cheat them up to level 5, put them in a craft of some sort and then use the “set position” cheat to move them between worlds and plant flags on each; as long as they’re inside a crew pod or module they’ll have an infinite supply of flags.

Or if you want to cheat them up to level 5 using save file editing, I think they need 64XP to reach level 5. Or you could just disable Kerbal experience altogether and everyone becomes level 5.

16 hours ago, SkyLimit said:

I was wondering if I could level up my kerbals to a 5 star either in the cheat menu or is there a option that I missed that levels kerbals to 5 stars in the create game menu

Two ways through the Alt-F12 debug menu:

• In the Cheat tab, there's a button at the bottom called 'experience'. Press the button to immediate max out the experience of all the kerbals already on your roster.
  • In the Kerbal tab, you can create new kerbals with your choice of parameters, including their experience level set to lvl 5 if you so wish.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.