[KSP 1.8+] Kerbal Konstructs (Continued)

NathanKell

Custom Prelaunch Checks is a dependency of KK and is included in the Original versions. If you don't put it in the GameData folder then KK will not come up to be interacted with in game.

This has been a community announcement. I do not have any input into the developement of this mod.

Edited by ColdJ

ieoiTv3.png

I'm having an issue modifying KK items. Whenever I click on them I get a gray box where the editing box should be. I also don't get the editing options. I also can't close the KK menu once open.

I need to modify the position of the Kerbinside stuff because it doesn't scale properly on a 2.5 system, but I'm unable to.

2 hours ago, Spike88 said:

I'm having an issue modifying KK items

The in-game KK edit feature does not currently work in KSP 1.12.x.  If you want to edit the statics currently the only way is to have a KSP 1.11.2 install (or lower) and edit your KK statics there.  You can then copy your changes to a KSP 1.12.x instance and they will display normally and their facilities and launch sites will work as normal.

Until an update is released supporting KSP 1.12.x this is where it stands.    

13 minutes ago, Caerfinon said:

The in-game KK edit feature does not currently work in KSP 1.12.x.  If you want to edit the statics currently the only way is to have a KSP 1.11.2 install (or lower) and edit your KK statics there.  You can then copy your changes to a KSP 1.12.x instance and they will display normally and their facilities and launch sites will work as normal.

Until an update is released supporting KSP 1.12.x this is where it stands.    

I wish I had known this before spending so much time trying to get it to work :blush:

Would you happen to know what I need to do to copy my changes between the two versions? 

1 minute ago, Spike88 said:

Would you happen to know what I need to do to copy my changes between the two versions?

If you are creating something new in KK then all the new configuration files will be located in the Gamedata/KerbalKonstructs/NewInstances  on your KSP 1.11.2 instance

If you are changing something that already exists, then the changed configuration file will exist in the same directory it was installed in with just your changes updated (So you have to really "know" where all the files for a particular site are stored. Some mods do this in a logical way, some do not).

For files I create new I move them from Gamedata/KerbalKonstructs/NewInstances   into my private folder Gamedata/Caerfinon/[Base name]

For the ones I change I don't leave them in their current directory because if you "reinstall" the original mod it will overwrite your changes. So I also move it to my private folder.

Once all my changes are made I copy the the contents of Gamedata/Caerfinon/[Base name]  to the same folder on my KSP 1.12.x install.

This is a tutorial for the basic editing function and it talks about file management as well -> Getting Started With Kerbal Konstructs

Apologies, I've been fairly busy the last few days. I've updated the OP to mention that if you are installing manually you should also grab Custom Prelaunch Checks, and I've also updated the Readme/frontpage on the git repo. However, I do not plan to include dependencies in release archives, as I would prefer for the release archives to just be the releases for this mod, rather than also including other mods as well. If for some reason CPLC is updated and KK is not, I don't want to be in the business of still having a release archive with an outdated mod in it (honestly, this is one reason I absolutely adore CKAN as a mod author, it means there aren't zip files floating around with outdated versions, or at least there are fewer of them. :D )

EDIT: in particular, I linked our Custom Prelaunch Checks repository's releases tab (i.e. the KSP-RO fork), rather than linking to the 1.8 version. It's reasonably likely we'll need to make edits going forward, so that's the live repo to grab it from. This is exactly what I mean about versioning, it's a right headache!

For the similar reason re: busyness I haven't a chance to address the 1.12 issues; I had hoped I would have time this weekend but I'm doubtful I will. I'll be looking into it ASAP, and again apologies for the delay.

Edited by NathanKell

• 2 weeks later...

Does anyone know why bases keep closing on their own? I'm messing around in my 1.11.2 safe file to fix everything before bringing it over to 1.12.2, however after adjusting bases and recovering the vessels, the bases are closing again on their own.

1 hour ago, Spike88 said:

Does anyone know why bases keep closing on their own? I'm messing around in my 1.11.2 safe file to fix everything before bringing it over to 1.12.2, however after adjusting bases and recovering the vessels, the bases are closing again on their own.

42 minutes ago, Caerfinon said:

Can you set your KK debug setting on in the difficulty settings and then post a ksp.log of the issue occurring?  

This would always happen to me. It seems that saving a new area or editing it would reset all the areas to their starting positions. As I was purely sandbox, I would just reopen them all again.

Anyone know why the instance editor REFUSES to show up? I'm on 1.11.1 using 2.5x KSRSS, Cape Kanaveral, Tundra's space center, OSSNTR, and this version of KK. When I spawn something or click local instances and view something, the instance editor is nowhere to be found. I'd appreciate some help.

7 minutes ago, DaBaby Kerman said:

I'd appreciate some help.

You would need to post the ksp.log for potential helpers to take a look. The player.log would be useful as well. 

2 hours ago, ColdJ said:

As I was purely sandbox, I would just reopen them all again.

I avoid the open/close issues by just changing the difficulty settings to have all bases open all the time. I don't make use of the revenue/science facilities at the sites in career mode, I mostly just use the locations as settings for contract packs, so I don't feel guilty about "cheating". 

9 minutes ago, Caerfinon said:

You would need to post the ksp.log for potential helpers to take a look. The player.log would be useful as well. 

I avoid the open/close issues by just changing the difficulty settings to have all bases open all the time. I don't make use of the revenue/science facilities at the sites in career mode, I mostly just use the locations as settings for contract packs, so I don't feel guilty about "cheating". 

Alrighty, I'll post my logs now.

How do I post my logs?

18 hours ago, Caerfinon said:

Can you set your KK debug setting on in the difficulty settings and then post a ksp.log of the issue occurring?  

Here is the log: https://www.dropbox.com/s/47cgsxcl2zatqsk/KKBaseClsoe.log?dl=0

Pardon the type in the file name.

15 hours ago, Caerfinon said:

If I had known this existed I wouldn't have spent so much time changing the prices to zero. :lol:

17 minutes ago, Spike88 said:

Here is the log:

Very odd. Every so often there is an exception thrown in KerbalKonstructs.UI.MapDecalEditor.MapDecalEditorWindow

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
  at KerbalKonstructs.UI.MapDecalEditor.MapDecalEditorWindow (System.Int32 windowID) [0x00132] in <45b4208733584fd4a2d8ff20b736ad43>:0 
  at UnityEngine.GUI.CallWindowDelegate (UnityEngine.GUI+WindowFunction func, System.Int32 id, System.Int32 instanceID, UnityEngine.GUISkin _skin, System.Int32 forceRect, System.Single width, System.Single height, UnityEngine.GUIStyle style) [0x00077] in <fa6f9762ac624af092525d37c9d516c4>:0 
UnityEngine.DebugLogHandler:Internal_LogException(Exception, Object)
UnityEngine.DebugLogHandler:LogException(Exception, Object)
ModuleManager.UnityLogHandle.InterceptLogHandler:LogException(Exception, Object)
UnityEngine.Logger:LogException(Exception, Object)
UnityEngine.Debug:CallOverridenDebugHandler(Exception, Object)

and then every single KK cfg file is "saved" which may trigger what @ColdJ mentioned in his post.  

18 hours ago, ColdJ said:

It seems that saving a new area or editing it would reset all the areas to their starting positions.

31 minutes ago, Caerfinon said:

Very odd. Every so often there is an exception thrown in KerbalKonstructs.UI.MapDecalEditor.MapDecalEditorWindow

I will say that I was editing map decals for the first time, I don't know if that's the cause for that exception. I was having bases close before I even know I could modify map decals though.

Terrain editing won't pass on to 1.12 from 1.11. My duna base slides down the hill :wacko:. Duna doesn't have a flat surface at all, and I can't get my base to stand still, that's why I really loveod this feature. I'm putting this coment up so I can get notified when an update is up.