[KSP 1.8+] Kerbal Konstructs (Continued)

NathanKell

22 hours ago, adriangm44 said:

Terrain editing won't pass on to 1.12 from 1.11. My duna base slides down the hill :wacko:. Duna doesn't have a flat surface at all, and I can't get my base to stand still, that's why I really loveod this feature. I'm putting this coment up so I can get notified when an update is up.

That's odd. I modified my KSC to be all flat in 1.11, and it still is in 1.12.2.

Edited by shelshok

3 minutes ago, Folkhoer said:

Any known mods that might cause this?

This is a known issue with KK &  KSP 1.12.x versions. There is currently not a fix for it. The deployed bases work, the edit feature does not.

In KSP 1.11.2 and lower versions KK should work normally. 

I feel like saying something pithy in response to the above but instead I will say that most of us know just how much is involved with trying to fix KK for the latest KSP and appreciate your efforts greatly.

Ok, so the version of Unity used by KSP 1.12 finally hard-deprecates GUIText, it looks like. I replaced it with the suggested replacement (UI.Text) and recompiled, and it seems to work. Can you please test this? If it's good I'll make a release.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/z191mfy69u2w31f/KerbalKonstructs.dll?dl=1

4 hours ago, NathanKell said:

Ok, so the version of Unity used by KSP 1.12 finally hard-deprecates GUIText, it looks like. I replaced it with the suggested replacement (UI.Text) and recompiled, and it seems to work. Can you please test this? If it's good I'll make a release.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/z191mfy69u2w31f/KerbalKonstructs.dll?dl=1

Yup all good here , thanks for the update , did a test with a Level 3 Launchpad all the UI is there and the Instance saved fine , restrarted the game and it was still there .

31 minutes ago, Puggonaut said:

Anyone know of Launch base model or a add on I can use to build on the Mun without the Grass

Rather than use the modular parts that come with grass coloured terrain, you could put down a Map-decal that would level out the base area and then use statics that are buildings/features on top of the mun grey map-decal to build your base. The mods below all have useful KK statics to make the look and feel of a sci-fi location without any terrain colouring and they still work in KSP 1.12.2 despite their age.

• Kerbin Side Core
  • CountryDoggo's SciFi Statics
  • CountryDoggo's Random KK Bits

You can even convert parts into KK statics - I believe @ColdJ took the launchpad part from a Space 1999 mod and made it into a KK static that could be used. Add a universal spawn point as a KK launch site and you are in business. 

Jjv6CmL.png

Edited by Caerfinon

25 minutes ago, Caerfinon said:

Rather than use the modular parts that come with grass coloured terrain, you could put down a Map-decal that would level out the base area and then use statics that are buildings/features on top of the mun grey map-decal to build your base. The mods below all have useful KK statics to make the look and feel of a sci-fi location without any terrain colouring and they still work in KSP 1.12.2 despite their age.

• Kerbin Side Core
  • CountryDoggo's SciFi Statics
  • CountryDoggo's Random KK Bits

You can even convert parts into KK statics - I believe @ColdJ took the launchpad part from a Space 1999 mod and made it into a KK static that could be used. Add a universal spawn point as a KK launch site and you are in business. 

Jjv6CmL.png

Aha , thanks so much for the ideas , will look into all of those .

On 9/10/2021 at 3:29 AM, NathanKell said:

Released v1.8.3 for KSP 1.8+ with the fix for 1.12.

So I had the previous version installed on 1.12.x and it loaded all of my 1.11.x instances, but obviously didn't load the ctrl-K interface fully. I replaced it with this new version, and now ctrl-K does nothing and no instances load (I copied over the NewInstances folder).

The toolbar icon is there and loads the toolbar button stuff, but none of the construction stuff works.

Log here:  https://www.dropbox.com/s/npznbgl0qfc8uqu/KSP.log?dl=0

Edit: After glancing at the log file myself, I tried removing the NewInstances folder, and it works now. I'm guessing it was a custom MapDecalMap that I hadn't copied over?

Edited by shelshok

4 hours ago, Hohmannson said:

Best one comes inbuilt in KK and is called Mobile Launchpad or something. It's a copy of DLC/hidden 1.12 sites launchpads and has very decent model, doesn't have grass, have loading ramp. You can upscale it for ship that big.

Aha , thank you , will go and find it .