[KSP 1.8+] Kerbal Konstructs (Continued)

NathanKell

52 minutes ago, NathanKell said:

Looking at the log, it looks like what's going on is Kopernicus is loading a crapton of maps, and that causes things to die (you can see this at the bottom, where it loads map after map and then keels over).  Assuming things do work correctly if you use the same modlist but remove (only!) KK, then my hunch is that KK requires things to not be loaded on-demand (which is usually how Kopernicus saves memory when you send it a crapton of planets with hirez assets), which is probably pushing you over. 

How much memory does this machine have, and how much RAM was free before launching KSP?

This machine has 64 gig of memory, of which about 45 gig was free before starting the game

Without KK, the game loads and uses about 15 gig of memory, with KK, it just gets stuck in an endless loop until it runs out of memory.

23 hours ago, linuxgurugamer said:

This machine has 64 gig of memory, of which about 45 gig was free before starting the game

Without KK, the game loads and uses about 15 gig of memory, with KK, it just gets stuck in an endless loop until it runs out of memory.

Yup, that sounds wacked. I don't know how any of the KK code works, except the build errors I fixed to get things running on 1.12, but I can try to take a look this weekend and see if anything turns up.

27 minutes ago, NathanKell said:

Yup, that sounds wacked. I don't know how any of the KK code works, except the build errors I fixed to get things running on 1.12, but I can try to take a look this weekend and see if anything turns up.

Let me know if you'd like me to run any debug version

17 hours ago, Crex said:

How do I get into the Editor.

You need to have a kerbal/ship/probe at the location where you want to edit a KK site. then use CTL-K to enter edit mode.

If you are new to KK editing, this wiki may prove helpful Getting Started With Kerbal Konstructs

Edited by Caerfinon

22 hours ago, Crex said:

How do I get into the Editor.

5 hours ago, Caerfinon said:

You need to have a kerbal/ship/probe at the location where you want to edit a KK site. then use CTL-K to enter edit mode.

If you are new to KK editing, this wiki may prove helpful Getting Started With Kerbal Konstructs

This is good info but may I add, KK statics have colliders and they will physically interact with your craft if you spawn or resize them right on or next to it, this can result in sudden destruction of your craft. So best to start with your craft a decent distance from where you want to build (with the brakes on because it is still interacting with the world while you work) Then slide the location marker away from your craft to where you want to set up, before spawning a solid static in to the world.

i use kk( v.1.8.3.0 ), Kerbin side remastered (1.0.1), Custom pre launch checks (1.8.1.1).

when just i install kk and cplc first, i can see window by press CTRL+K.

but realize didn't install kerbin side after make group - save and quit ksp and install that and relaunch ksp, i can't see window by press CTRL+K.

What Shall I DO?

ps.

This symptom occur KSP 1.12.2.3167 and 1.11.2.3077 BOTH.

i install stock 1.11.2.3077 as instruction (Forum Reply) , and install mods and do i wrote above.

On 10/1/2021 at 11:29 AM, ColdJ said:

This is good info but may I add, KK statics have colliders and they will physically interact with your craft if you spawn or resize them right on or next to it, this can result in sudden destruction of your craft. So best to start with your craft a decent distance from where you want to build (with the brakes on because it is still interacting with the world while you work) Then slide the location marker away from your craft to where you want to set up, before spawning a solid static in to the world.

And when editing an existing base by spawning there, it's a good idea to either drive away first, or build a very crash-tolerant vehicle. I use a rover with all the external-most parts rated to 70m/s+ impacts, because I don't want to take the time to drive away - I'm editing several dozen launchsites to reposition on a 2.7x scale Kerbin (which puts most of Kerbinside Remastered underground / underwater). On the rare occasion when the rover blows up and kills Jeb anyway, I finish editing, and then revert to launch.

On 10/7/2021 at 3:57 PM, AstroMatthew said:

any cool KK Mod to build launch sites i already have TSC, Kerbinside Remasterd, Omega Stockalike Structures, And Aroura Space Center. i would use KSC++ but that mod duplicates statics

On 10/7/2021 at 6:59 PM, ElonsMusk said:

Aside from those you listed, all I know of is Country Doggo's Statics.

Also Country Doggo's Random Bits, Tundra's Space Center, Kosmodrome, and Wenchang Space Center. If you don't mind less polished artwork, there's a ton of assets in Alpha Ash's original Kerbinside mod, plus more in BAD-T Airfields.

All of them can be found on this page on Spacedock.

Anyone saw the pink launchpad problem ?

The launchpad has pink grass instead of green.

It's a missing texture that especially appear when I move a launchpad

Even the Default Squad launchpad has this problem

Here is an Image of it

https://preview.redd.it/2k97vaqlzus71.png?width=1015&format=png&auto=webp&s=f6dd817c5efd3a2c258d0dde30bcd8d12b5c7931r/KerbalSpaceProgram - how to fix this ?

6 hours ago, mmamh2008 said:

Anyone saw the pink launchpad problem ?

r/KerbalSpaceProgram - how to fix this ?

Right but the stock pieces are there, tells me an asset is in the wrong place. Try reinstalling KK from the ground up to be sure everything ended up in the right place. Otherwise dig up your log and show us.

10 hours ago, ElonsMusk said:

Right but the stock pieces are there, tells me an asset is in the wrong place. Try reinstalling KK from the ground up to be sure everything ended up in the right place. Otherwise dig up your log and show us.

I installed KK and putted the files in gamedata

It worked fine some days ago

Edited by mmamh2008
Typo

I redownloaded KK but now the ctrl K problem got back again

I'm very tired from fixing things that gets messed again

My starbase is gone but not that is the problem

The problem is that KK is definetly not opening the instance window