[KSP 1.8+] Kerbal Konstructs (Continued)

NathanKell

is there a way to see all instances and not just local ones? I am placing a barge in the ocean and cant set it as target in the KK settings because it only shows local instances. maybe you could implement a way to pin instances in another tab? love the mod!! :)

44 minutes ago, The_only_spaceace said:

can someone please help me?

A picture showing you have added 4 structures, gives no information at all what your problem is. If you are to have any chance at being helped you will need to write in detail what your problem is.

1 minute ago, ColdJ said:

A picture showing you have added 4 structures, gives no information at all what your problem is. If you are to have any chance at being helped you will need to write in detail what your problem is.

ah sorry, so i have had to reinstall all of the mods i had for KK recently and they were, a custom starbase mod, Kerbin side, OSS, KSC extended, Tundra Space centre, As well as adding aurora space centre and kodiak space centre, now none of the structures show up at all on the map or in the VAB KK menu, just the stock pads

KK uses what are called "Instance" configuration files. Whether you custom create something yourself or you have mods like Kerbinside remastered, KSC extended, KSC Harbour, Hafco etc. They need to have their instance configuration in a folder that is somewhere in the GameData folder of Kerbal Space Program. It doesn't matter where, only that it is within the GameData folder structure. So on the simplest begining before more technical knowledge is needed, which would require Logs and the maintainer of this thread. Start with KSC extended only. Check within it's folder structure and make sure you can find it's instance file. All configurations have a suffix of .cfg but the ones that have "Part = Static at the top, when you open them with a text file reader are the actual models, not the set out. Different authors label their files differently and some get quite complicated but here is one of the simplest I have. It sets out where the centre of the KSC Harbour set up is and demonstrates the layout you are likely to find in an instance file. It is needed for everything else in KSC Harbour to be built. Then on it's foundation there are instance files for all the structures to be placed by co-ordinates. So if something has happened to your instance files KK can not place them. If you can confirm that you have all the instance files for a mod and it still doesn't work, then you have a deeper problem. I am assuming you have the latest, recently updated KK continued version that repaired the problems created by 1.12.1 onwards.

// Generated by Kerbal Konstructs

KK_GroupCenter
{
    Group = KSCHarbor
    CelestialBody = Kerbin
    Orientation = 0,1,0
    RadiusOffset = 48.9380417
    Heading = 270.00116
    ModelScale = 1
    SeaLevelAsReference = False
    RefLatitude = 0.20481130104445266
    RefLongitude = -74.836560544757376
}

@The_only_spaceace

Edited by ColdJ

On 10/31/2021 at 2:41 AM, EndAllFilms said:

Will there be an Oil Rig Launch pad?

Hi. This is the wrong thread for that question, you want the threads that make new models to go with KK. But I remembered from some months back that someone was making an oil rig static and if you follow the link below it will take you to the post that mentioned it.

28 minutes ago, ColdJ said:

KK uses what are called "Instance" configuration files. Whether you custom create something yourself or you have mods like Kerbinside remastered, KSC extended, KSC Harbour, Hafco etc. They need to have their instance configuration in a folder that is somewhere in the GameData folder of Kerbal Space Program. It doesn't matter where, only that it is within the GameData folder structure. So on the simplest begining before more technical knowledge is needed, which would require Logs and the maintainer of this thread. Start with KSC extended only. Check within it's folder structure and make sure you can find it's instance file. All configurations have a suffix of .cfg but the ones that have "Part = Static at the top, when you open them with a text file reader are the actual models, not the set out. Different authors label their files differently and some get quite complicated but here is one of the simplest I have. It sets out where the centre of the KSC Harbour set up is and demonstrates the layout you are likely to find in an instance file. It is needed for everything else in KSC Harbour to be built. Then on it's foundation there are instance files for all the structures to be placed by co-ordinates. So if something has happened to your instance files KK can not place them. If you can confirm that you have all the instance files for a mod and it still doesn't work, then you have a deeper problem. I am assuming you have the latest, recently updated KK continued version that repaired the problems created by 1.12.1 onwards.

// Generated by Kerbal Konstructs

KK_GroupCenter
{
    Group = KSCHarbor
    CelestialBody = Kerbin
    Orientation = 0,1,0
    RadiusOffset = 48.9380417
    Heading = 270.00116
    ModelScale = 1
    SeaLevelAsReference = False
    RefLatitude = 0.20481130104445266
    RefLongitude = -74.836560544757376
}

@The_only_spaceace

alr just had a look, and the closest thing i could find to that was the fillernokerbinside.cfg file, which has a resemblance to what you explained but not exactly

3 hours ago, The_only_spaceace said:

alr just had a look, and the closest thing i could find to that was the fillernokerbinside.cfg file, which has a resemblance to what you explained but not exactly

Remove all mods that use kk. Make sure you have the latest. Links at beginning of this thread. Make sure you have the dependency Custom Prelaunch Checks, Found in the older versions of KK. Go to spacedock and download fresh something simple like KSC Floodlight. Link below.

https://spacedock.info/mod/264/KSC Floodlight

Chose this because all it does is add 4 clickable light towers around the KSC launchpad and is fully self contained except for needing KK.

Once all in see if it turns up around the launchpad. If yes, then the core KK is working. If yes then using fresh copies from something like Spacedock. Install another mod. Do each that work 1 at a time to make sure of no conflicts. Never install all at once, because if there is a conflict, you will never know which mod caused it. Hopefully this works. If not then it is the log and maintainer route.

clt-k is still broken

Copy of game data folder

https://www.dropbox.com/s/woziil7g36g49pm/GameData.zip?dl=0

player.log file

https://www.dropbox.com/s/wb4frcg2dloiv9l/Player.log?dl=0

Even when I load with only kk and custom pre launch check list, it still does nothing.

Edited by DaOPCreeper
added more info

2 hours ago, DaOPCreeper said:

clt-k is still broken

Copy of game data folder

This is odd

Your player log doesn't see a KerbalKonstructs.dll as being loaded.

Your gamedata zip also lacks the KerbalKonstructs.dll in the mod's folder.

Environment Info
Win32NT 7FFFFFFFFFFFFFFF  Args: KSP_x64.exe 

Mod DLLs found:
Stock assembly: Assembly-CSharp v0.0.0.0
CustomPreLaunchChecks v1.0.0.0 / v1.8.1.0
Stock assembly: KSPSteamCtrlr v0.0.1.35

Folders and files in GameData:
CustomPreLaunchChecks
KerbalKonstructs
Stock folder: Squad

Stock folder: SquadExpansion

Edited by Caerfinon

9 hours ago, ColdJ said:

Remove all mods that use kk. Make sure you have the latest. Links at beginning of this thread. Make sure you have the dependency Custom Prelaunch Checks, Found in the older versions of KK. Go to spacedock and download fresh something simple like KSC Floodlight. Link below.

https://spacedock.info/mod/264/KSC Floodlight

Chose this because all it does is add 4 clickable light towers around the KSC launchpad and is fully self contained except for needing KK.

Once all in see if it turns up around the launchpad. If yes, then the core KK is working. If yes then using fresh copies from something like Spacedock. Install another mod. Do each that work 1 at a time to make sure of no conflicts. Never install all at once, because if there is a conflict, you will never know which mod caused it. Hopefully this works. If not then it is the log and maintainer route.

ok, i have just done that and for some reason my patches went down from 16k to 14k

it is working and i am now able to open the KK menu, when i had the other mods i was not able to open the KK menu

also i can only see 3 of the 4 light towers, even though there are 4 in the ctrl K menu

on addition, i am also unable to select spawn new

y8zUlW4.png

Edited by The_only_spaceace
additional information

This is definitely staring to sound like a log and programmer problem. But first, click on each Floodlight instance until you find the one you can't see and then make sure it is not positioned underground. When you clicked on the Spawn new link on the top left, what if anything came up on your screen?

@The_only_spaceace

Edited by ColdJ

1 hour ago, ColdJ said:

When you clicked on the Spawn new link on the top left, what if anything came up on your screen?

yeah nothing at all happened it just showed a mouse hover and nothing else

1 hour ago, ColdJ said:

But first, click on each Floodlight instance until you find the one you can't see and then make sure it is not positioned underground

alr got it

2 hours ago, The_only_spaceace said:

Now this is weird...

HNN7hek.mp4

@ColdJ

Took me a little to absorb that but If I am seeing it right, 2 were invisible until you clicked their buttons and then they became visible. My best guess is a conflict with something else you have installed but I don't do programming. SO first you need to tag @NathanKell and you need to open up your KSP.log and copy and paste the contents here in a spoiler or copy the log file to a file sharing service that he can access so that he can look for conflicts. I don't personally have the experience to work out what might be interfering with it's proper operation. I and others have successfully used the latest .dll so a conflict with your specific set up seems the most likely. He is quite busy. So it may take awhile before he can answer you. Good Luck.

KSP.log can be found in the KerbalSpaceProgram folder

Edited by ColdJ