[KSP 1.8+] Kerbal Konstructs (Continued)

NathanKell

Does anyone know if there is a way in KK or otherwise to edit the positions of the default (game) statics? I am playing with a resized Kerbin (2.7x scale), and the new 1.12 hidden launchsites have some minor positioning issues I am trying to fix. (i.e. the Cove Launch Site launchpad is underwater)

4 hours ago, panarchist said:

Does anyone know if there is a way in KK or otherwise to edit the positions of the default (game) statics? I am playing with a resized Kerbin (2.7x scale), and the new 1.12 hidden launchsites have some minor positioning issues I am trying to fix. (i.e. the Cove Launch Site launchpad is underwater)

This is interesting to me. I dug around and couldn't come up with anything either. You are sure it is the positioning of the static and not the water level, yes? Strange I know just curious. Are there any visible differences at KSC at all?

I'm interested in this also. Back when I was working on some modded launchsite light towers, I wanted to delete the stock water tower & light.
I dont now if I could not, because all the stock stuff is loaded from Unity asset bundles, and not how KK props are loaded by model files & cfgs.

Edited by Stone Blue

7 minutes ago, ElonsMusk said:

This is interesting to me. I dug around and couldn't come up with anything either. You are sure it is the positioning of the static and not the water level, yes? Strange I know just curious. Are there any visible differences at KSC at all?

I'm not 100% sure of anything, other than that when using Sigma Dimensions to scale everything up 2.7x, structure elevations and terrain elevations don't always match up. (although KSC *does*, so I don't know why the other permanent statics do not) Water height is always 0 elevation, so the mismatch would be due to local terrain height being too low. For KK statics, I suspect that it depends on whether they use an absolute height or relative to the surface - but with the default statics, I have no idea how they're setting height.

I'll take this over to the thread for Sigma Dimensions - it's not really a KK issue.

13 hours ago, panarchist said:

I think that can be fixed by placing a MapDecal (not with KK) at the coordinates of those new launchpads. Unless I'm mistaken, planet packs where Woomerang and Desert Airfield are not underwater are doing this.

15 hours ago, JadeOfMaar said:

I think that can be fixed by placing a MapDecal (not with KK) at the coordinates of those new launchpads. Unless I'm mistaken, planet packs where Woomerang and Desert Airfield are not underwater are doing this.

Unfortunately, that doesn't seem to work with the 12.2 hidden launchsites - depending on the decal elevation, they're either buried or hanging in the air. I should have mentioned it earlier, that was the first fix I tried. Also, BTW for anyone interested, if you uncheck the setting to allow extra launchsites, those hidden bases do not go away.

I seem to be having a bug related to the 1.12.1 but in the 1.12.2, it won't let me edit or make structures in the KK menu, the option is just not there(both the space center and flight)

1.I used cklan to install 50 or so mods and 2 manually,  before i installed it then i noticed the problem

2.unstaled it moved on for a while and then uninstalled my other mods and the manual ones, and still the issue 

3.and a clean wipe and validation of the game files, did it manually, still same problem

4.another clean wipe and valid of game files, just this time I used cklan to install it, same problem

I've tried short cuts, think i pressed every key on my keyboard. over all i dont know what to do as from the conversations in here it looks like the mod works just im cursed or something 

Has anybody else had an issue where light animations turn on on flight scene load even when it's not dark?

Seems to affect any static using the  AnimateOnSunRise module. (The ones I've been able to check are from Kerbinside Remastered, OSSNTR, and my own static (a house).) Haven't really taken screenshots of this because I tend not to screenshot annoying things, but I think  got at least 1 occasion (sorry for the scribbling and Comic Sans-like font)

ohCGtJB.png

Quicksave and reload a little bit later
4OPqXPv.png

Edited by OrdinaryKerman
doesn't seem to affect the Space Center for some reason

3 hours ago, OrdinaryKerman said:

Has anybody else had an issue where light animations turn on on scene load even when it's not dark?

Hmmm, this might be related: when I load the space center scene and it's dark, sometimes KSCFloodlight statics are producing light, but internally they are not really toggled on, which you can tell as clicking on them will immediately turn off the light and play the on animation (which is slower), officially turning them on. So there would appear, at the very least, to be some confusion about day/night state on scene load. (That static uses that module, too)

On 9/25/2021 at 9:23 PM, linuxgurugamer said:

@NathanKell

Kerbal Konstructs, when installed on KSP 1.12.2, with the latest version of JNSQ & GPP (they can work together now) gets into some sort of endless loop which keeps grabbing memory until the system runs out of memory.

Mods installed are:

• CustomPreLaunchChecks
  • GPP
  • GPP_Rescale
  • GPP_Secondary
  • JNSQ
  • KerbalKonstructs
  • Kopernicus
  • Kronometer
  • ModularFlightIntegrator
  •  

Log file is here:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/2jztpdijqsr62md/Player-JNSQ-GPP-KK-CPLC.log?dl=0

Hello, thanks so much for y'alls work on these mods. I was just wondering if there is any way to fix the memory leak that Linux Gamer Guru described a few pages back when running KK together with JNSQ and rescaled secondary GPP. I was hoping to have access to KK goodies like water launch sites for boats and submarines while working my way up to long range journeys, but I'm happy to find an alternative for getting boats to the water. Just wanted to chime in that if there is a fix in the works for this sometime in the future, that would be awesome.

Been playing around with KK and had it working pretty well however, after I started a new career mode save, I am unable to get the KK menu to show up when using Ctrl+K for some reason. Even though the KK button shows on in the toolbar in flight scene.

I've tried reinstalling KK, and making sure the settings matched that of those I used in a sandbox mode when it worked well. I'm running on KSP 1.12 and had it working perfectly with the same set of mods in a different save.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

On 12/9/2021 at 7:57 AM, Draakul said:

Been playing around with KK and had it working pretty well however, after I started a new career mode save, I am unable to get the KK menu to show up when using Ctrl+K for some reason. Even though the KK button shows on in the toolbar in flight scene.

I've tried reinstalling KK, and making sure the settings matched that of those I used in a sandbox mode when it worked well. I'm running on KSP 1.12 and had it working perfectly with the same set of mods in a different save.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Is this other save in a different installation of KSP? If not, does KK still work in the other save?

On 12/10/2021 at 4:48 PM, Draakul said:

Yes this save is in a new installation with basically the same mods with a few exceptions but none listed as incompatible with KK

Also double-check you're on the latest KK - prior versions had trouble with the menu under 1.12.x. If you're using CKAN, make sure CKAN installed the correct version.

If it's working in the other game, and that game is *also* 1.12.x, then you might consider copying the entire GameData directory to the new install to ensure you have the same setup, and then add/remove the other mods needed to get it where you want it.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 1/13/2022 at 2:59 PM, Artificer_Drachen said:

Anyone else having the statics editor being stuck on the screen and not being able to swap tabs or spawn stuff? Are there mods that mess with that? I am using KSC extended and tundra space center.

Statics packs should not interfere with the interface so to break it down we need to establish what you have and what you have or haven't done.

If you are using a version of KSP greater than 1.10.1, have gone to the beginning of this thread and followed the links to get the latest version of the Kerbal Konstructs *.dll that fixed it after 1.11.1 onwards, broke it?

I'm using the latest version of KK with its dependencies in KSP Ver 1.12.3 .

The interface and everything works fine .

There is one slight issue though , when I reload the game the items I have placed end up above the ground ?

Like so

QYHYv0h.png

Any ideas ?

Edited by Puggonaut

1 hour ago, Puggonaut said:

end up above the ground

Launchpads with enabled launch function(working ones) will jump a bit on other planets. Sometimes not just "a bit". Sadly, it's a known bug. All other structures may misplace a bit on other planets, but really not too much.

1 hour ago, Puggonaut said:

Any ideas ?

This happens to me too. Sometimes goes the otherway too. Try finding the instance configuration file for that set up and putting it in it's own folder that is outside the KerbalKonstructs folder but inside the GameData folder. I have heard that that may work. KK will still find it. You may have to adjust it's position the first time after but cross fingers it should stay put after that.

1 hour ago, ColdJ said:

This happens to me too. Sometimes goes the otherway too. Try finding the instance configuration file for that set up and putting it in it's own folder that is outside the KerbalKonstructs folder but inside the GameData folder. I have heard that that may work. KK will still find it. You may have to adjust it's position the first time after but cross fingers it should stay put after that.

Aha , okidoki will give that a go and let eveyone know , hopefully it helps out .