[KSP 1.8+] Kerbal Konstructs (Continued)

NathanKell

• 2 weeks later...

Query regarding Map Decals .... do they not work for planet expansion packs (Galaxies Unbound in this case) ... I tried to "level" a spot on one of the "new" planets and nothing changes there ....

Am I missing something?

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/24/2022 at 11:20 AM, pjt36 said:

Query regarding Map Decals .... do they not work for planet expansion packs (Galaxies Unbound in this case) ... I tried to "level" a spot on one of the "new" planets and nothing changes there ....

Am I missing something?

i got one to work on my current save. it works, the other buildings work. it was very hilly in the location i picked and the decal flatened it out pretty good.  what doesnt work are the spawn locations (runway and rocket pad). they get flung to the next hill, or floating 50 klicks away and above the atmosphere (which sucks if you are trying to take off in a quad copter). its stable and doesn't crash though (hard to do with this many mods). been trying to setup a base in the grannus system. i like to set up a foothold base once i make an interstellar transfer. i got a torch ship buring at 5g so im gonna try to set up a base on a different planet. been reading through the thread though looking for ideas. found a couple im gonna try out when i get there.

current modlist:

Spoiler

B9 Part Switch (B9PartSwitch v2.20.0)
BetterTimeWarpContinued (BetterTimeWarpCont 2.3.13)
Breaking Ground (BreakingGround-DLC 1.7.1)
ClickThrough Blocker (ClickThroughBlocker 1:0.1.10.17)
Community Resource Pack (CommunityResourcePack 1.4.2)
Custom Pre Launch Checks (CustomPreLaunchChecks 1.8.1.1)
Dynamic Battery Storage (DynamicBatteryStorage 2:2.2.5.0)
Firespitter Core (FirespitterCore v7.17)
Galileo's Planet Pack (GPP 1:1.6.8.0)
GPP Textures (GPPTextures 4.2.1)
Grannus Expansion Pack (GrannusExpansionPack 1.2.6)
Interstellar Fuel Switch Core (InterstellarFuelSwitch-Core 3.29.4)
JX2Antenna (JX2Antenna 2.0.5)
Kerbal Flight Indicators (KerbalFlightIndicators R20)
Kerbal Konstructs (KerbalKonstructs v1.8.3.0)
Kopernicus Planetary System Modifier (Kopernicus 2:release-1.12.1-87)
KSP Recall (KSP-Recall v0.2.2.3)
Making History (MakingHistory-DLC 1.12.1)
MEV Heavy Industries (MEVHeavyIndustries 1:1.0.2)
Mk2 Stockalike Expansion (Mk2Expansion 2:1.8.7)
ModularFlightIntegrator (ModularFlightIntegrator 1.2.10.0)
Module Manager (ModuleManager 4.2.1)
Near Future Electrical (NearFutureElectrical 1.2.3)
Near Future Electrical Core (NearFutureElectrical-Core 1.2.3)
Precise Editor (PreciseEditor v1.4.1)
Toolbar Controller (ToolbarController 1:0.1.9.6)
Trajectories (Trajectories v2.4.3)
TweakScale - Rescale Everything! (TweakScale v2.4.6.10)
Zero MiniAVC (ZeroMiniAVC 1:1.1.2.4)

...and a few legacy mods and my own stuff,  just parts though. 

• 2 weeks later...

Hi... I tried KK in my 1.12.3 install. I managed to add a second runway to the KSC but it does not accept it as a launchsite, even if i configure everything. I want to launch a plane from the SPH i can't select the runway as Launchsite. What have I overlooked? Same for further launchpads.

The Runway was configured as launchsite for SPH. The Launchpad für VAB.

Here is my KSP-Log: https://www.filemail.com/d/xecgjoxliyzbxst

Edited by Rakete

1 hour ago, Rakete said:

Hi... I tried KK in my 1.12.3 install. I managed to add a second runway to the KSC but it does not accept it as a launchsite, even if i configure everything. I want to launch a plane from the SPH i can't select the runway as Launchsite. What have I overlooked? Same for further launchpads.

The Runway was configured as launchsite for SPH. The Launchpad für VAB.

Here is my KSP-Log: https://www.filemail.com/d/xecgjoxliyzbxst

So you've placed a runway, then made it a Launchsite, then in the Editor you clicked K&K to bring up all launchsites and selected 'Open Launchsite for X funds'? That last part is very important. After this step your new Runway should show up like Dessert Runway or Island Airfield. I encounter a bug where occasionally I only see the Stock+ sites in the green Launch dropdown menu. Usually the sites have closed themselves somehow, but reopening it fixes the problem. Perhaps you've inadvertently encountered this as well.

Edited by ElonsMusk

4 hours ago, ElonsMusk said:

So you've placed a runway, then made it a Launchsite, then in the Editor you clicked K&K to bring up all launchsites and selected 'Open Launchsite for X funds'? That last part is very important. After this step your new Runway should show up like Dessert Runway or Island Airfield. I encounter a bug where occasionally I only see the Stock+ sites in the green Launch dropdown menu. Usually the sites have closed themselves somehow, but reopening it fixes the problem. Perhaps you've inadvertently encountered this as well.

I set the open funds to zero as i do a science mode playthrough. 

I did the following: 

1. Place runway.

2. Push the make launch site button.

3. Setup every value to zero (as preset)

4. Set category to Runway

5. Set up for SPH.

6. Save Launchsite options, save static setup. 

A open up launchsite button was not there. Where should I click? The KK-Toolbar symbol on right-hand side of the screen had only options to repair all statics and something with facilities (can't remember)... but there were only two buttons.... what did I miss? Should there have been three? 

Can you provide a screenshot where to click to open up the Launchsites, please?

Question 2: are there statics like roads or paved ways to connect launchsides/runways?

Question 3: How do I get to know the orientation, vessels are placed on these launchpads/runways... so e.g. if they start East to west, or west to east on the placed runway.

Edited by Rakete

37 minutes ago, Rakete said:

I did the following........

.......Can you provide a screenshot where to click to open up the Launchsites?......

In the editor, you click K&K in the toolbar to bring up the Launchsite Selector. I believe this is the step you are missing. (screenshot under spoiler)

Spoiler

UwlYpRa.png

Launchsites lit Red instead of Green are Closed. Once a site is Open it then appears in the launch menu.

......Question 2: are there statics like roads or paved ways to connect launchsides/runways?

Question 3: How do I get to know the orientation, vessels are placed on these launchpads/runways... so e.g. if they start East to west, or west to east on the placed runway.

Q2: Yes there are a plethora of tiles that are paved, dirt, corners, other road tiles, taxiways, etc. Almost any static from any other K&K static pack will work at present. It's simply loading a 3D model, you can even create your own!

Q3: Orientation is tricky. For example when I created a second Crawlerway + Launchpad, I wasn't sure what the default spawn orientation is so I had to test it.

Re: More statics other than the default, you can find a bunch of links earlier in the thread here where Panarchist came through.

Edited by ElonsMusk

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Locho said:

Does anyone know how to make a base able to recover space craft that have landed near them? I cant figure this out, or if its even a feature

I think you just need to edit the launchpad/runway instance and give it a facility type of "Recovery Base"

13 hours ago, Aelfhe1m said:

I think you just need to edit the launchpad/runway instance and give it a facility type of "Recovery Base"

I have tried that many times with launch pads and other types of buildings and none seem to work

@Locho Not sure what might be going wrong for you.

Just tried the following test:

• Launch KSP 1.12.3
  • Start New career save
  • Cheat menu to give myself lot of science and funds to unlock parts for a rover
  • Build rover in SPH and spawn to runway.
  • Drive about 30km away from KSP
  • Press CTRL K to start Kerbal Konstructs editing
  • Spawn New -> Med vehicle spawn
  • Instance Editor -> Edit launchsite -> gave it name and description and saved
    Spoiler

TAXnB7h.jpg

• Facility type -> RecoveryBase -> Save Facility
  • Static Editor -> Save
  • CTRL K to close KK editing
  • Click KK button to bring up Flight Tools window.
  • Clicked open base button
    Spoiler

jjLXMLK.jpg

• Clicked Operational Facilities -> Show/Hide -> Med Vehicle spawn -> Open
    Spoiler

jAkwezq.jpg

• Closed flight tools window
  • Clicked Recover Vessel
    Spoiler

Q3ZXXFu.jpg

• Checked "Parts" tab on mission summary showed 100% recovery from new named launch site
    Spoiler

DkLejtm.jpg

8 hours ago, Locho said:

@Aelfhe1mI should have specified earlier that I'm trying to do this on other planets/moons, it works fine on Kerbin but I'm not sure if its a thing on other planetary bodies

Ah, I'm pretty sure that's a core game limitation with the recover button only appearing when you're landed on the home world.

10 hours ago, Aelfhe1m said:

Ah, I'm pretty sure that's a core game limitation with the recover button only appearing when you're landed on the home world.

I think this is correct. Unless someone were to code a way to destroy a vessel, recreate the crew and funds, and call it 'recovering' off world. But such a thing does not exist in KK as far as I know.

• 2 weeks later...
9 hours ago, kerbalcommander563 said:

does this work with KSP 1.12.3?

The continued version, which there is a link to at the beginning of this thread, should work, just make sure you read and get the dependency.

I have a question... Where do I find the old Kerbal Konstructs core that had the static runways and buildings? I know it's not on CKAN, I've looked. And will my older copy from 1.3.0 (please don't laugh) work as long as I have the updated Kerbal Konstructs installed?

1 hour ago, adsii1970 said:

Where do I find the old Kerbal Konstructs core that had the static runways and buildings?

https://spacedock.info/mod/1052/Kerbal-Konstructs#changelog looks like Version 1.3.9.8 (scroll a bit over halfway down) was the last KK release with statics included

1 hour ago, adsii1970 said:

And will my older copy from 1.3.0 (please don't laugh) work as long as I have the updated Kerbal Konstructs installed?

Just copying the KerbalKonstructs/Statics folder from an old version of KK to a new one should work, if I understand you correctly.

Edited by OrdinaryKerman

3 hours ago, adsii1970 said:

@OrdinaryKerman I need to edit some configs to get the docks above Scatterer's ocean surface. But which value would I edit?

Which docks? I don't use KerbinSide so I have no idea which ones you're referring to

Edited by OrdinaryKerman
Removed incorrect apostrophe

6 hours ago, adsii1970 said:

I need to edit some configs to get the docks above Scatterer's ocean surface. But which value would I edit?

As long as the Version of KK matches the version of KSP, so that the interface will show up. So original below 1.11.1 and continued for above, Then KK will find all statics that are within the Game Data folder, no matter where they are, and make them available to be used to create your own set up. That is how those mods created their layout of statics in the first place. KK then creates "Instance" config files that say where in the world each static is placed within that group. So as long as you can bring up the interface, you should be able to move any introduced static to where you want.

So, i'm doing a JNSQ run at the moment, and i felt like i wanted to actually make use of all the various KK structures scattered about. However, the KK comm stations seem to be borked in two ways:

1) Enable Commnet Ground Stations in the KK settings doesn't seem to actually do anything in the current version
2) Leave Stock Commnet in the KK also doesn't seem to do anything, no matter what setting i put it on.

Anyone have any suggestions to fix these problems? I'm using the latest version on CKAN.