[KSP 1.8+] Kerbal Konstructs (Continued)

NathanKell

1 hour ago, Taaaa said:

Hi!

I have placed several lunch sites and selected one in VAB, but it spawns on the default lunch pad.  How can I launch from the placed lunch pad?

It should work. You may need to provide more info.

10 hours ago, Taaaa said:

Hi!

I have placed several lunch sites and selected one in VAB, but it spawns on the default lunch pad.  How can I launch from the placed lunch pad?

The only thing that comes to mind is trying to close them all and re-opening them. I've seen KK get confused when a launch site changes after it's been opened.

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/27/2022 at 5:46 PM, ussdefiant said:

So, i'm doing a JNSQ run at the moment, and i felt like i wanted to actually make use of all the various KK structures scattered about. However, the KK comm stations seem to be borked in two ways:

1) Enable Commnet Ground Stations in the KK settings doesn't seem to actually do anything in the current version
2) Leave Stock Commnet in the KK also doesn't seem to do anything, no matter what setting i put it on.

Anyone have any suggestions to fix these problems? I'm using the latest version on CKAN.

Did you ever find an answer to these? I came here with the exact same questions. I think if I'm reading the planner from real antennas correctly, it looks like I might have two KSC ground stations. Aside from that, it still appears to be working for me.

Made a decent custom launch center in KK, and all was well until i closed and re-opened the game. It completely disappeared past one or two buildings, and now, despite reinstalling the mod twice, the ctrl+k keybind doesn't work. I've asked around and couldn't find any solutions, to the disappearance issue or the ctrl+k issue. For the love of god, please help me.

I'm trying to make a second launch pad that acts the same as the other launch pads (selectable from the VAB, selectable for KCT, auto-recovers launch clamps and other debris) at Woomerang. Below are my settings:

8uZWPXs.png

How do I get this second launch pad to act like the stock one?

11 hours ago, bigyihsuan said:

How do I get this second launch pad to act like the stock one?

Though once you have opened them using the menu for KK on the bar at the bottom of your screen in the VAB or SPH. They will be available for picking to launch from in the Stock Launch drop down. The other features are hard coded for Stock only. Make launch site yes. Auto recovery no.

36 minutes ago, ColdJ said:

Though once you have opened them using the menu for KK on the bar at the bottom of your screen in the VAB or SPH. They will be available for picking to launch from in the Stock Launch drop down. The other features are hard coded for Stock only. Make launch site yes. Auto recovery no.

Ah, that's a shame. I don't like having to go back and manually recovering my launch clamps after launch.

I placed down this launch pad because I'm constantly launching into highly inclined orbits, and having a single launch pad at Woomerang with Kerbal Construction Time really bottlenecks my launch cadence.

1 hour ago, Thatguywholikesionengines said:

Sorry for the late response with that, but I found a (stopgap) solution, it seems that 1.12.3 specifically absolutely breaks KK, but 1.12.2 is just fine - A bit annoying, but it's easy enough to switch!

Ah thanks buddy.

1.12.2 does not fix it for me.  Neither KK v1.8.2.1 or v1.8.3.0 work, in either ksp v1.12.3 or v1.12.2.

Pressing ctrl-K does nothing.  

Never mind.  Turns out I'm simply an idiot who can't can't be bothered to read instructions.  Happy to report ctrl-k works in v1.12.3.

Gomennasai.

Edited by wreckreation
I read the instructions

On 3/15/2020 at 7:24 AM, Corax said:

You're not missing something obvious, because it isn't obvious at all that you need to hire Kerbal workers, which are completely unrelated to the crew Kerbals you can hire at the astronaut complex. You have to find (or plop down) a KK building that is assigned as "barracks". There you can hire the required staff, which you can then assign to the various facilities that require them.

@Corax Thanks for the above from the post of yours on the other thread (link) this is very helpful info...Are you aware of any more documentation about the barracks (I could not find any in the KK wiki and your post seems the most enlightening when searching the forum for 'barracks').  In KSP 1.12.3 I changed one building to have barracks, however I just get a NRE each time I click on 'hire'...perhaps there is another step I have missed?

KK 'Hire' NRE
ClzRu8q.png

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/6/2022 at 11:27 PM, AloE said:

@Corax Thanks for the above from the post of yours on the other thread (link) this is very helpful info...Are you aware of any more documentation about the barracks (I could not find any in the KK wiki and your post seems the most enlightening when searching the forum for 'barracks').  In KSP 1.12.3 I changed one building to have barracks, however I just get a NRE each time I click on 'hire'...perhaps there is another step I have missed?

KK 'Hire' NRE
ClzRu8q.png

I think the "hireable kerbal" minigame aspect of this mod has been mostly neglected for several years and multiple maintainers.

On 1/15/2022 at 11:13 AM, OrbitalManeuvers said:

So I've been working on this for a while:

Hide contents

and thought I'd share a couple of things I figured out in case they help anyone else.

If you ever accidently press Export on the KK editor, be sure to go empty out the KerbalKonstructs/ExportedInstances folder, otherwise you'll have duplicates of everything next time you start KSP.

If you are moving your files out of KerbalKonstructs/NewInstances, and putting them into your own folder, you should also be aware of the consequences of editing after that point. Anything new that you place will create a new XYZ-instances.cfg in KerbalKonstructs/NewInstances. But if you place another copy of a static you already have an instance of, you now have two physical files that both contain valid instances. You cannot just move this new file out of NewInstances into your custom folder, or you'll overwrite your previous instances of this static. Doing this requires that you merge the contents of the two files. My takeaway from this is that a) I try to leave everything in NewInstances for as long as I think I'm still editing. And if I need to edit a set of cfgs that I've pulled out, I think I'll move them all back into NewInstances, start KSP and do my editing. This way KK can merge new instances into existing cfg files. Then I'll move them back out after the editing session. 

Notes from the trenches :)

What camera mod or mod did yo use to make that opening shot/camera pan/video over the whole base? I've been wanting to do something like that. I have camera tools contd. but i need to force myself to leasrn it more

On 7/7/2022 at 1:27 AM, AloE said:

KK 'Hire' NRE
ClzRu8q.png

wow never knew about this! is that how to get kerbals walking around on other constructed bases/sites?

1 hour ago, Astra Infinitum said:

What camera mod or mod did yo use to make that opening shot/camera pan/video over the whole base?

That's the pathing mode of CameraTools. Definitely worth your time to mess around with the different modes. I really only use static or path since I don't really fly planes in ksp.

• 2 weeks later...

The feature that allows you to "store" a vessel when you're not using it is so awesome. 
Let's say I create a hangar with that feature next to my base craft. I place my rover under the roof first and then click on store the vessel, then dissapears (yayyy!). Then, whenever I want to use the rover, (what?!) it won't let me! A message appears on screen saying "to clear the runway". I have to place a flag 200m away from the Hangar and THEN it would let me load the rover again. 

Is there a way I can disable the min distance to use this feature?

• 2 weeks later...
35 minutes ago, Clancythecat said:

Is there a way to make bases per-save?

KK instances are common to all saves in a single instance of the game. It you want separate environments just make a separate game instance.