[KSP 1.8+] Kerbal Konstructs (Continued)

NathanKell

19 hours ago, ColdJ said:

Try this for just the statics.

https://spacedock.info/mod/2061/Omega's Stockalike Structures: No Textures Required

And this for pre laid out that uses the statics from the above.

https://spacedock.info/mod/2306/KSC Harbor

Thank you!

I tried the first one, but for some reason, it deleted a couple of bases I had made. Compatibility issues I guess. Will check the second one.

Edit: Oh, it requires the first one. Rip.

Edited by The Blazer

4 hours ago, The Blazer said:

I tried the first one, but for some reason, it deleted a couple of bases I had made.

Should have been just statics. I didn't think it came with any set ups in it. Just check that the bases didn't revert to closed, and need reopening. It happens often when you add new areas or statics with KK.

• 2 weeks later...

Every time I enter a facility it softlocks my game.  I doesn't allow me to leave the facility or return to the main menu and I end up having to close it with task manager or Alt-F4. I don't know much and the mods I am using are Lunamultiplayer, EditorExtensionsRedux, VesselMover, and KerbalKonstructs. Ctrl+K also doesn't seem to be doing anything, so im going to assume I installed the mod incorrectly.

(edit) Just now reading the part about CustomPreLaunchChecks, working on it at the moment.

(edit) Still not working with everything properly installed. Going to remove all the other mods and add them one by one until it breaks.

Edited by theflamingswords

I cant seem to get the mod working currently. 

KSP.log:

Environment Info
Win32NT 7FFFFFFFFFFFFFFF  Args: KSP_x64.exe 

Mod DLLs found:
Stock assembly: Assembly-CSharp v0.0.0.0
Stock assembly: KSPSteamCtrlr v0.0.1.35

Folders and files in GameData:
Stock folder: Squad

Stock folder: SquadExpansion

When I go to play a game, it softlocks me at the KSC. I cant enter any buildings and Ctrl+K doesn't work. The escape menu also doesn't work.

Good Morning, I would like to pre-empt you for what I could be sending upon your advice. KK is not working for me, and I am unsure if it is something I have done or not. I installed KK and its dependencies on a clean install with no other mods and none of the button's work; I couldn't even quit the game and was unable to enter any of the facilities, forcing me to force quit every time. I installed it on v1.12.0, 1.12.1, 1.12.2, 1.12.3, and 1.12.4 each with the same problems. I also installed a couple of times with KSC Extended, KSC Harbor, Kerbin Side Remastered, etc. all with the same problem and not showing the harbor, nor the KSC extended. Since I had multiple problems across multiple versions and other mods, I would like to know which logs you would like to see. I have no problem puling 10 logs if you would like, so you can see exactly what is going on. CKAN was used every instance of the installs.

I just want to make sure I get exactly what you need. Any help is appreciated, this is such an awesome mod!

Edited by SkW3rL

2 minutes ago, Caerfinon said:

Everything needed is described in this post. Put the logs into a filesharing site online and post the link here. 

Apologies, that's not what I meant. I know which logs you need, I would like to know from which version, or with additional mods installed, or on a clean only install, etc. That's why I said I have no problem giving you 10 logs if that's what you want.

21 minutes ago, OrbitalManeuvers said:

Idk how to fix this but it's documented somewhere on the forums:

D:\Games\Steam\steamapps\common\Kerbal Space Program\PDLauncher\GameData\KerbalKonstructs\MapDecalMaps\AllBlack.png

I don't have a KK folder, or a .png file in the location you listed, so I am unsure what to do with your suggestion. The issue I 'm having is the game does not work with KK installed. No buttons to get into buildings work, even quitting the game to get this log required me to force quit KSP. Pressing Escape, then clicking "Quit to Main Menu" does nothing. Clicking the red X at the top right, brings up the escape menu, but none of the button's work. Clicking the facilities or the runway/launch pad does nothing. I used CKAN to install, as well.

16 minutes ago, SkW3rL said:

I don't have a KK folder, or a .png file in the location you listed, so I am unsure what to do with your suggestion

Are you using the launcher to start your game? If so it thinks that the root game directory is D:\Games\Steam\steamapps\common\Kerbal Space Program\PDLauncher\ and not  D:\Games\Steam\steamapps\common\Kerbal Space Program\ 

Try just running D:\Games\Steam\steamapps\common\Kerbal Space Program\KSP_x64.exe to start the game and see if the issue clears up.   

EDIT:

If this is the issue then I recommend doing the following;

1. Remove all mods from the steam copy of KSP
  2. Copy all of D:\Games\Steam\steamapps\common\Kerbal Space Program\ to some other location on your hard drive but leave the steam copy where it is. 
  3. Set up CKAN to install into the copy of KSP you just made
  4. Go into Steam library and add the KSP_x64.exe of the new copy of KSP to steam as a non-steam game. 
  5. Launch the non-steam KSP  from steam 

This gets rid of Launcher interference but allows you to continue using the steam Overlay and functions with KSP. 

This is how all my KSP instances are set up. 

Edited by Caerfinon

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/6/2022 at 4:40 PM, kerbalboi said:

so parallax 2 and kk don't seem to like each other, can yall look into that?  please i need my slc 6 back

The new version of Parallax v2.0.5 released today now respects the KK Map Decal to remove large scatter from the site.  The low level grass still covers but the rocks and trees are removed. You can offset the effects of grass by raising the Group Center of the KK site by 3 meters in altitude in the CTL-K menus of KK.