[KSP 1.8+] Kerbal Konstructs (Continued)

NathanKell

On 3/19/2023 at 11:06 PM, Foehammers said:

Has anyone tried adding in the KSP 2 space center back into KSP 1? I've been searching around, but its surprisingly hard to get any reasonable results. Maybe there is a list of all the mods for Kerbal Konstructs somewhere?

No. 1. You cannot legally distribute KSP2 assets, 2. Even if you had the original assets, chances are high, that they use Adobe Substance for texturing (as they use for the parts) and that you cannot use in KSP1

3 hours ago, Ger_space said:

Maybe there is a list of all the mods for Kerbal Konstructs somewhere?

Questionable behavior aside, THIS is a VERY good  question.

As far as I have been able to tell, NO. I've always felt this mod cried out for a "spacedock"-like site or post that listed both Scenes (Instances) and Models (Statics) for KK.

You have to hunt around for various KK posts, or posts mentioning KK, and then see if you can hunt down the latest of them to see if they are new enough.... 

• 4 weeks later...

Hi,

I've placed some extra buildings near the KSC in a standard RP-1 express install, but they are absent when loading into game initially, and only appear after going into the tracking stations and back out, or launching a vehicle. After this, they are persistent untill the exit of the game. I imagine this may be related to KSCswitcher, but I thought that maybe someone here has encountered a similar issue.

KSP.log after loading:

https://pastebin.com/51w6vPEa

Edited by sqreNicolai
log file readded

Welcome to the forum, @sqreNicolai!

I have removed the log file from your post as embedded log files can cause page loading issues for some users, even when in spoilers.  Please upload your file to a file sharing site such as google drive or similar, make sure it has public permissions, and share the link to that file.

Thank you!

7 hours ago, NovaSuper said:

Does anybody know how to stop objects from previous saves loading into fresh new saves?

Delete them, they are global. Meaning they will appear in any and all saves existing now or created in the future so long as the instances (recorded and saved positions) exist.

However it works both ways. Any savegame you delete an instance in will also delete it in all other savegames.

Edited by tg626

10 hours ago, tg626 said:

Delete them, they are global. Meaning they will appear in any and all saves existing now or created in the future so long as the instances (recorded and saved positions) exist.

However it works both ways. Any savegame you delete an instance in will also delete it in all other savegames.

Alright, seems a bit weird as a feature but thanks!

53 minutes ago, Cucco-Master said:

Is there a list of building-packs anywhere? Just talking about the statics themselves that can be added manually, not pre-made arrangements.

Look for Kerbin Side remastered. Also there are some pre-arranged packs by @Caerfinon

• 2 weeks later...

I finally took the time to document what's happening with my launch pads not retaining their color settings when using the JNSQ color preset (on JNSQ, needless to say). Maybe this is all already known?

The steps to reproduce are:

1. Edit the launchpad and select the JNSQ color preset
  2. Save the pad, Save All
  3. At this point, with the game still running, the pad looks correct, and the .cfg has been properly updated.
  4. Exit and Restart KSP

The results of these steps are that the file has been properly updated, but the color is not loaded/not used on restart. 

Here's the (only) diff that occurs when selecting the JNSQ preset (changed version on the right)

nDKmRZi.png

After restart the color is back to being wrong.  Screenshot shows editing the previously-edited pad. You can see the grass color from the cfg is not used.

Editing the grass color with the Grass Editor results in essentially the same thing - the changes are written to the file, but apparently not loaded on the next restart, since the color always reverts. The same thing happens on the NearGrassTexture setting, when changed from the UI. The file gets updated with the new value, but upon restart and editing of the pad, the new value has been lost. So in the end I don't think this is specific to the JNSQ preset.

xHsdrhm.png

Any ideas?

• 4 weeks later...
11 hours ago, Falcon Aerospace said:

When I try to make a launchpad It doesn't show up on the KK Launch side selector. I try to use the Universal spawn point but it also doesn't work.

are you assigning it as a launchpad in the editor?

50 minutes ago, Falcon Aerospace said:

@Nightside I am, but it still doesn't show up

only other thing i can think of is that you need to pay funds to open it, or that it has a different Type set, such as runway or something. Can you share the cfg file for the Instance?

Spoiler

// Generated by Kerbal Konstructs

STATIC
{
    pointername = TLC_41
    Instances
    {
        UUID = 93f5fba8-c7a3-4a8d-91e4-49723651c9f2
        CelestialBody = Kerbin
        RelativePosition = 269.758301,16.8458138,-234.555695
        Orientation = 2.8023469E-05,237.999695,0.000167815175
        isScanable = False
        ModelScale = 1
        VisibilityRange = 25000
        Group = KSC_Builtin
        GrasColor = 0,0,0,0
        GrassColor2
        {
            GrassMeshName = TE_GRASS_MAP_41
            MaterialOffset = 0
            GrassColor = 0.600000024,0.649999976,0.400000006,1
            NearGrassTexture = BUILTIN:/terrain_grass00_new
            NearGrassTiling = 0.150000006
            NearGrassGrayScale = False
            FarGrassTexture = BUILTIN:/terrain_grass00_new_detail
            FarGrassTiling = 0.00700000022
            FarGrassBlendDistance = 110
            FarGrassGrayScale = False
            TarmacTexture = BUILTIN:/ksc_exterior_terrain_asphalt
            TarmacColor = 1,1,1,1
            TarmacTiling = 100,100
            TarmacTileRandom = False
            TarmacGrayScale = False
            BlendMaskTexture = TundraSpaceCenter/Pads/TSC_41/TLC_41_Mask
        }
    }
}

• 2 weeks later...

I've got a question and a suggestion,  is the launchpad responsible of the smoke coming from the vents? Is it possible to change the default particle or even improove the system with volumetric smoke?

Also when u build a new base in other planet... can you set the general view to that base instead the KSC? Thx!

Edited by NaviG

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Falcon Aerospace said:

I know I already mentioned it but, when I try to assign a launch pad It doesn't show up in the VAB or KK Launchpad Switcher

So specifically, you're pressing the "Make Launchsite" button in the "Instance Editor" window?  That should bring up the "Launchsite Editor" window where you assign a name to the launch site. Then Save on all 3 of those KK windows, and next time in the VAB you should be able to use the KK button to select the site and then open it from there.  Those are the steps that work for me.

On 6/18/2023 at 8:22 PM, OrbitalManeuvers said:

So specifically, you're pressing the "Make Launchsite" button in the "Instance Editor" window?  That should bring up the "Launchsite Editor" window where you assign a name to the launch site. Then Save on all 3 of those KK windows, and next time in the VAB you should be able to use the KK button to select the site and then open it from there.  Those are the steps that work for me.

It still doesn't work

Hello, i'm very new to forums and i wasn't really planning on writting here, but i believe i found a minor bug in Kerbal Konstructs.

I've trying to set up KerbinSide Remastered: Airports, but it didn't seem to work. So i tried almost everything and then kind of gave up and so i started looking for other mods with runways. And those also didn't work. Essentially when I opened Tracking Station view I could see custom rocketpads light up from KerbinSide Remastered, however no runways. And this was the same when I tried to install custom runways on their own from the Kerbal Konstructs Airport Exchange forum.
So assuming this was a compability issue, I tried to make my own runway using Kerbal Konstructs to see if it actually loads the runways or if i'm having and installation problem. (I followed this guide https://github.com/caerfinon/KerbinSideRemasteredGapExtras/wiki/Getting-Started-With-Kerbal-Konstructs)

And the icon also wasn't showing up on Tracking Station, however when i would hover over the place where it should be, it would highlight me it's name. And when i would turn of the runways in the Tracking station then it would no longer highlight it when hovered over, same as the rocket pads just without the icon.
I tried this again with KerbinSide Remastered Airports and found out it did load everything correctly, however it still didn't show the icons of the Runways.

Since I will be trying to discover most of them using planes it isn't that big of an issue for me, although without the map view I wouldn't realise that the instalation worked. And I spent around five hours trying to get it to work, searching on the internet if someone had this problem and trying to solve it and i didn't find anything, so i thought it would be good to let others know about it.

@Exp0Ten It sounds like there's something wrong with your install. I'm not seeing that problem on my current heavily modded install which includes KK and Kerbin Side Remastered. Although I'm using the full Kerbin Side Remastered not the Airports sub-install.

Spoiler

cCuqdnV.png

EDITED AGAIN:

No idea what KK Base manager does or how it works

Now I can launch from other planets without getting kicked out of the VAB/SPH (no idea how I managed to do that)

I still think a readme file is needed.

Edited by omegalex
Main issues resolved