Jump to content

[KSP 1.8+] Kerbal Konstructs (Continued)


NathanKell
 Share

Recommended Posts

3 hours ago, Brainpop14 said:

So, does it work with 1.12.2 yet?

Yes. Either get the latest iteration that was linked further back or grab the DLL that was linked before that and replace the DLL in your current version.

Edited by ColdJ
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Puggonaut said:

Finally got myself a proper working launchpad for the Mun

nui9ZYp.png

Looks awesome!  

But... not to rain on your parade, but those towers are lightning rods, meant to protect the launch vehicle from a storm.  Not going to have much of that on the Mun.

But otherwise, thumbs up!  Looks really cool.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 minutes ago, wreckreation said:

Looks awesome!  

But... not to rain on your parade, but those towers are lightning rods, meant to protect the launch vehicle from a storm.  Not going to have much of that on the Mun.

But otherwise, thumbs up!  Looks really cool.

Actually they also light up , ideal for those night launches .

2 hours ago, adriangm44 said:

Where? How! :O

Used Kerbal Konstructs

 

40 minutes ago, OrdinaryKerman said:

Where are the towers from?

KSC Floodlights

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, adriangm44 said:

I meant the models! What kk building mod pack, names, etc... I know it's kerbal konstructs

The red and white towers are from a mod for KK called "KSC Floodlights". Adds 4 towers around the KSC launchpad but once you have it you have the statics. They can be clicked on to turn off and on. The main base looks to be a blown up floating launch pad out of KK's free statics. That appears to be a Mk33 spaceplane by Angel-125. Not sure of the rest.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, ColdJ said:

The red and white towers are from a mod for KK called "KSC Floodlights". Adds 4 towers around the KSC launchpad but once you have it you have the statics. They can be clicked on to turn off and on. The main base looks to be a blown up floating launch pad out of KK's free statics. That appears to be a Mk33 spaceplane by Angel-125. Not sure of the rest.

Pretty much all of it there , pad is a x7 resize , less chance of me missing it on landings lmao :lol:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, SirBlob said:

Ok I think I found a weird issue,

You are having some unity crashes with Kerbal Konstructs and Kronometer

KK: [LaunchSiteManager] RegisterLaunchSite: Registering LaunchSite: AirBase N32A Helipad North isHidden: True 
(Filename: C:\buildslave\unity\build\Runtime/Export/Debug/Debug.bindings.h Line: 35)

Uploading Crash Report
ReflectionTypeLoadException: Exception of type 'System.Reflection.ReflectionTypeLoadException' was thrown.
  at (wrapper managed-to-native) System.Reflection.Assembly.GetTypes(System.Reflection.Assembly,bool)
  at System.Reflection.Assembly.GetTypes () [0x00000] in <9577ac7a62ef43179789031239ba8798>:0 
  at KerbalKonstructs.Core.StaticInstance+<>c.<Spawn>b__60_0 (AssemblyLoader+LoadedAssembly asm) [0x00006] in <7dd8cd55479d4f5fa301c344b9c37231>:0 
  at System.Linq.Enumerable+SelectManySingleSelectorIterator`2[TSource,TResult].MoveNext () [0x00051] in <351e49e2a5bf4fd6beabb458ce2255f3>:0 
  at System.Linq.Enumerable.TryGetFirst[TSource] (System.Collections.Generic.IEnumerable`1[T] source, System.Func`2[T,TResult] predicate, System.Boolean& found) [0x0004f] in <351e49e2a5bf4fd6beabb458ce2255f3>:0 
  at System.Linq.Enumerable.FirstOrDefault[TSource] (System.Collections.Generic.IEnumerable`1[T] source, System.Func`2[T,TResult] predicate) [0x00000] in <351e49e2a5bf4fd6beabb458ce2255f3>:0 
  at KerbalKonstructs.Core.StaticInstance.Spawn () [0x00145] in <7dd8cd55479d4f5fa301c344b9c37231>:0 
  at KerbalKonstructs.Core.StaticInstance.TrySpawn () [0x00008] in <7dd8cd55479d4f5fa301c344b9c37231>:0 
  at KerbalKonstructs.Core.StaticInstance.Activate () [0x00009] in <7dd8cd55479d4f5fa301c344b9c37231>:0 
  at KerbalKonstructs.Core.StaticInstance.get_mesh () [0x0000e] in <7dd8cd55479d4f5fa301c344b9c37231>:0 
  at KerbalKonstructs.Core.LaunchSiteManager.RegisterLaunchSite (KerbalKonstructs.Core.KKLaunchSite site) [0x001f3] in <7dd8cd55479d4f5fa301c344b9c37231>:0 
  at KerbalKonstructs.Core.LaunchSiteManager.CreateLaunchSite (KerbalKonstructs.Core.StaticInstance instance, ConfigNode cfgNode) [0x0001c] in <7dd8cd55479d4f5fa301c344b9c37231>:0 
  at KerbalKonstructs.Core.LaunchSiteManager.AttachLaunchSite (KerbalKonstructs.Core.StaticInstance instance, ConfigNode instanceNode) [0x0009d] in <7dd8cd55479d4f5fa301c344b9c37231>:0 
  at KerbalKonstructs.KerbalKonstructs.LoadInstances (UrlDir+UrlConfig configurl, KerbalKonstructs.Core.StaticModel model) [0x00181] in <7dd8cd55479d4f5fa301c344b9c37231>:0 
  at KerbalKonstructs.KerbalKonstructs.LoadModelInstances () [0x00074] in <7dd8cd55479d4f5fa301c344b9c37231>:0 
  at KerbalKonstructs.KerbalKonstructs.Awake () [0x001a4] in <7dd8cd55479d4f5fa301c344b9c37231>:0 
UnityEngine.DebugLogHandler:Internal_LogException(Exception, Object)
UnityEngine.DebugLogHandler:LogException(Exception, Object)
ModuleManager.UnityLogHandle.InterceptLogHandler:LogException(Exception, Object)
UnityEngine.Logger:LogException(Exception, Object)
UnityEngine.Debug:CallOverridenDebugHandler(Exception, Object)
UnityEngine.GameObject:Internal_AddComponentWithType(Type)
UnityEngine.GameObject:AddComponent(Type)
AddonLoader:StartAddon(LoadedAssembly, Type, KSPAddon, Startup)
AddonLoader:StartAddons(Startup)
AddonLoader:OnLevelLoaded(GameScenes)
AddonLoader:OnSceneLoaded(Scene, LoadSceneMode)
UnityEngine.SceneManagement.SceneManager:Internal_SceneLoaded(Scene, LoadSceneMode)

and

Uploading Crash Report
[ModuleManager] Post run call threw an exception in loading Kronometer, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null: System.Reflection.ReflectionTypeLoadException: Exception of type 'System.Reflection.ReflectionTypeLoadException' was thrown.
  at (wrapper managed-to-native) System.Reflection.Assembly.GetTypes(System.Reflection.Assembly,bool)
  at System.Reflection.Assembly.GetTypes () [0x00000] in <9577ac7a62ef43179789031239ba8798>:0 
  at ModuleManager.PostPatchLoader+<Run>d__16.MoveNext () [0x00538] in <a0f9d7e5c0864d32839c501c53536c2a>:0  

are examples.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

does anyone have any info on how the positions work in KK, like in the configs it displays 

Quote

RadialPosition = -468049.5,211876.906,-310724.5
Orientation = 0,1,0
RadiusOffset = 0

but how does that relate to a specific locaion? how would it work for example if I wished to place assets or specific assets in a particular location on kerbin from a map without launchin the game (for e.g. using a script to automatically place objects)

also how is height defined? does it place the konstruct at the surface altitude based off of its origin? or does it place at a fixed height and then require moving up or down to mesh with terrain.

incase this seems to be leading somewhere im contemplating reviving my cities mod but to get it to where I want it I will need to be able to batch place objects all over kerbins surface based off of an external coorindates system like pulling lat and long from a map or image texture and then batch generating config files to place 20-50 exampls of a particular city over kerbin based off of terrain angle and altitude (to prevent underwater and placing on ground which would not mesh with the object)

any ideas?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

51 minutes ago, amankd said:

does anyone have any info on how the positions work in KK, like in the configs it displays 

but how does that relate to a specific locaion? how would it work for example if I wished to place assets or specific assets in a particular location on kerbin from a map without launchin the game (for e.g. using a script to automatically place objects)

also how is height defined? does it place the konstruct at the surface altitude based off of its origin? or does it place at a fixed height and then require moving up or down to mesh with terrain.

incase this seems to be leading somewhere im contemplating reviving my cities mod but to get it to where I want it I will need to be able to batch place objects all over kerbins surface based off of an external coorindates system like pulling lat and long from a map or image texture and then batch generating config files to place 20-50 exampls of a particular city over kerbin based off of terrain angle and altitude (to prevent underwater and placing on ground which would not mesh with the object)

any ideas?

Assets are normally associated with a Group Center. The Group Center uses RefLatitude and RefLongitude for location, with SeaLevelAsReference and RadiusOffset for the height. Individual Assets ("Instances") use RelativePosition, which is the distance (in meters, I think) from the RefLatitude and RefLongitude of the associated Group Center. (Instances have a "Group" attribute) 

RadialPosition is the vector from the center of the body that a static is placed on when it has no associated Group. GER-Space has a definition in the KK Github wiki. You're probably best off creating a Group in the location you want and then assigning your objects to it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

 

 

21 minutes ago, panarchist said:

Assets are normally associated with a Group Center. The Group Center uses RefLatitude and RefLongitude for location, with SeaLevelAsReference and RadiusOffset for the height. Individual Assets ("Instances") use RelativePosition, which is the distance (in meters, I think) from the RefLatitude and RefLongitude of the associated Group Center. (Instances have a "Group" attribute) 

RadialPosition is the vector from the center of the body that a static is placed on when it has no associated Group. GER-Space has a definition in the KK Github wiki. You're probably best off creating a Group in the location you want and then assigning your objects to it.

okay that doesnt sound too bad, i did wonder why different objects seemed to all have radial distance as zero but thats because the ground center is at the deffined height. each city is a singular object on its own rather than an assembly but there are some extra bits such as signposts and road linkages that may be groupable. Ive always worked ungrouped and placed singularly and on their own.

is the group just like an empty game object that all others can be placed within and take their frame of reference?

i had an investigate of your link, I saw something not really used in other statics, is ref latitude and reflongitude an absolute positioning seperate from the grouping and does it align with planet side coordinates? so for e.g. can i use a map service, read the long and lat from there and produce a table of them and then insert instances into the config file using absolute positioning instead of reletive?
oh and as an asside how is altitude set with the reflong and reflat, does it default to sea level? do you use radial offset then to set it? its a significant part im going to attempt to read altitude reasonably from mapings and place the cities close enough to not be too egregious

 

Edited by amankd
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, amankd said:

 

 

okay that doesnt sound too bad, i did wonder why different objects seemed to all have radial distance as zero but thats because the ground center is at the deffined height. each city is a singular object on its own rather than an assembly but there are some extra bits such as signposts and road linkages that may be groupable. Ive always worked ungrouped and placed singularly and on their own.

is the group just like an empty game object that all others can be placed within and take their frame of reference?

i had an investigate of your link, I saw something not really used in other statics, is ref latitude and reflongitude an absolute positioning seperate from the grouping and does it align with planet side coordinates? so for e.g. can i use a map service, read the long and lat from there and produce a table of them and then insert instances into the config file using absolute positioning instead of reletive?
oh and as an asside how is altitude set with the reflong and reflat, does it default to sea level? do you use radial offset then to set it? its a significant part im going to attempt to read altitude reasonably from mapings and place the cities close enough to not be too egregious

 

RefLat and RefLong are only used in group objects. A group is simply an anchor - and yes, they're planetside coordinates. It was implemented several versions of KK ago (after AlphaAsh left) to solve the specific issue you're talking about. A group can hold any number of objects, including 1. The primary advantage to a group is that you can move a Group Center, and it will move all the objects associated with that group as one, maintaining the relative location.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 9/22/2021 at 11:36 PM, panarchist said:

RefLat and RefLong are only used in group objects. A group is simply an anchor - and yes, they're planetside coordinates. It was implemented several versions of KK ago (after AlphaAsh left) to solve the specific issue you're talking about. A group can hold any number of objects, including 1. The primary advantage to a group is that you can move a Group Center, and it will move all the objects associated with that group as one, maintaining the relative location.

Wow definitely seems better than it was last time I explored this. I now just need to make a batch solver for suitable locations based off map data, randomly seed cities over that area that is suitable (maybe even add biome specific terrain interface materials) and make a script to pull height from height map colours and finally compose all those components into a cfg lol, best get started!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

@NathanKell

Kerbal Konstructs, when installed on KSP 1.12.2, with the latest version of JNSQ & GPP (they can work together now) gets into some sort of endless loop which keeps grabbing memory until the system runs out of memory.

Mods installed are:

  • CustomPreLaunchChecks
  • GPP
  • GPP_Rescale
  • GPP_Secondary
  • JNSQ
  • KerbalKonstructs
  • Kopernicus
  • Kronometer
  • ModularFlightIntegrator
  •  

 

Log file is here:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/2jztpdijqsr62md/Player-JNSQ-GPP-KK-CPLC.log?dl=0

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 hours ago, linuxgurugamer said:

Kerbal Konstructs, when installed on KSP 1.12.2, with the latest version of JNSQ & GPP (they can work together now) gets into some sort of endless loop which keeps grabbing memory until the system runs out of memory.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 9/25/2021 at 9:23 PM, linuxgurugamer said:

@NathanKell

Kerbal Konstructs, when installed on KSP 1.12.2, with the latest version of JNSQ & GPP (they can work together now) gets into some sort of endless loop which keeps grabbing memory until the system runs out of memory.

Mods installed are:

  • CustomPreLaunchChecks
  • GPP
  • GPP_Rescale
  • GPP_Secondary
  • JNSQ
  • KerbalKonstructs
  • Kopernicus
  • Kronometer
  • ModularFlightIntegrator
  •  

 

Log file is here:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/2jztpdijqsr62md/Player-JNSQ-GPP-KK-CPLC.log?dl=0

Looking at the log, it looks like what's going on is Kopernicus is loading a crapton of maps, and that causes things to die (you can see this at the bottom, where it loads map after map and then keels over).  Assuming things do work correctly if you use the same modlist but remove (only!) KK, then my hunch is that KK requires things to not be loaded on-demand (which is usually how Kopernicus saves memory when you send it a crapton of planets with hirez assets), which is probably pushing you over. 

How much memory does this machine have, and how much RAM was free before launching KSP?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...