Lots of crafts in orbit

More crafts means the game has to work harder to process all the information to keep track of them. It's worse if you have several of them in physics range of your active craft. 

• You can use less crafts in flight
  • You can remove resource intensive mods freeing up RAM and CPU to be allocated to all your ships processing needs
  • You can add RAM and more powerful CPU to your PC

@capybara, you also probably have a lot of debris in orbit, too. Spent boosters, stack separators, and other fun floating things in orbit. 

This can also slow down your game quite a bit. You can delete the debris in the tracking center, or, as I do, send a craft into orbit to de-orbit the junk. Katelyn, I've been adding a probe core to the second stage so I can aim them to reentry points and do a burn. 

Have fun, it's what the game is about. 

Take a look at those 337 craft and think- what do you absolutely definitely need? Then delete everything else.

Spent boosters? Delete them. Old probes and relays that have been replaced by newer models with better tech? Delete them. Junky space stations that were launched for contracts? You could delete those, or you could try bringing them back down to the surface and recovering them for a refund, stations tend to be more valuable than other crafts. Got old landers or rovers elsewhere that have served their purpose? Yup, delete those too.

Keeping more than 50 craft on the go at once is likely to start creating performance problems even on a good PC, so try to design your launch rockets so they either run out of fuel while suborbital (periapsis <20km so they get auto-deleted) or with enough fuel and a control point (probe core) that they can deorbit themselves once they put the payload into orbit.

Regarding debris, you can additionally go into settings and reduce the maximum debris count. I think the default is 250. Reduce that count and spent stages without probe cores will get deleted.

Don't reduce the count too low, though, if you like to do surface assembly of bases because you might want to leave spare tanks and other parts next to your bases.

You can either start a new save file (which is what i did when my save got clogged up) which is much easier than trying to get rid of flights manually unless you have your favourite satellite/space station/base or something like that in this save

The other solution is to try to remove unneeded crafts (e.g. debris) 

there are generally 3 ways to do this

1, go to the tracking station, select a vessel you want to delete and press “terminate mission”  this is the easiest but having to do it hundreds of times might be tedious

2, make a orbital debris remover by either using the Claw to grab on and deorbit ( takes a insane amount of time and lots of DeltaV especially if you want to deorbit multiple objects with one vessel)to do. Or, you can use lasers or nuclear bombs (BD armoury or https://spacedock.info/mod/2073/ATW) to blast a lot of them at once as soon as they are close enough (quite fun, no need for docking or deorbit)

3, try to edit the save file (not recommended unless you are good at coding) but might be faster than the other solutions

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.