Show and Tell - Terrain progress

StarSlay3r

Every single time I watch stuff like this my mind immediately goes to three places:

- The GPU market crisis couldn't had arrived at a worst time.

- I really hope the usual Unity stabilty issues are not present on this one

- I am dreading the minimum requirements for stable 30FPS in 1080p

1 minute ago, pandaman said:

Just, WOW!  Stunning.

Presumably those images are on max settings, but even on lowest I expect them to look awesome.

@Nate Simpson any chance of a low, med, high graphics setting comparison?  That may help those of us on lower end machines to stop worrying so much.

How did you even play KSP 1 with a low end machine?

28 minutes ago, gussi111 said:

You don't build too big and keep your crafts as simple and efficient as possible. That's how you play on a low end machine.

56 minutes ago, gussi111 said:

Mine's not 'that' low compared to someTBH, but not high end by any means.  It runs ok on full graphics settings, but it suffers from the usual 'yellow timer' issue a fair bit.

I know many will likely have lesser machines than mine, and there have been a lot of posts enquiring about minimim specs etc so I though that may be one way to put minds at rest, or encourage us to save up. 

I don't even have words.. it's.. it's beautiful 

As an aside, I recently had an eye test and they mis-diagnosed me, for a few hours I legitimately thought I was going to go blind. Of all the things I was sad I'd never experience, perhaps embarrassingly,  KSP2 was very high on the list..

6 hours ago, nsgallup said:

I hope this is further developed so that the scatter popping in at the render distance is less obvious and jarring. Really breaks immersion for me.

Yeah this is an issue nobody seems to mention, it's very noticeable for me too and probably my only complaint about what we've seen of the game so far.

1 hour ago, Nirgal said:

Yeah this is an issue nobody seems to mention, it's very noticeable for me too and probably my only complaint about what we've seen of the game so far.

This is somewhat inevitable because of the type of game it is. Showing everything for hundred of kilometres is also going to tank FPS, which people will also complain about. So this is very much a “pick your poison” situation. 

56 minutes ago, MechBFP said:

This is somewhat inevitable because of the type of game it is. Showing everything for hundred of kilometres is also going to tank FPS, which people will also complain about. 

Correct. But visible edge between two LODs for the ground looks very off. Would be nice if it could be smoothened a bit, so the two would kinda blend with each other with barely noticeable difference. Like the scatters could gradually disappear into the distance before being unloaded. But if it can be done. I do not know.

Edited by The Aziz

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.